• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If guns are only AA material, then we don't need them. Give me a Reg Grundy, or LRT or Tilt, or Ted. Trust in our formula for the defensive six. It works and has done for decades. I suspect that Frost could do the role you wish for and give us cover until Snell and Edwards are ready. I also think Cleary could be tried as a replacement for our lockdown small defender for when Harry's ability to take care of business begins to wane.
I actually reckon Wicks days are numbered as a small defender (party due to Cleary) and that Wicks should try to reinvent himself as a small forward. I think he has the tenacity, pace and smarts to pull it off - and could extend his career several years.

Edit: initial post said that Wicks could be a small forward, but a small defender - which didn’t make a whole lot of sense.

Last edited:

How this is allowed is the only question Victorians or anyone else needs to ask themselves when they wonder why we’re allowed to have an academy.

What a rort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its interesting the Dogs have asked the AFL for a full investigation over the Smith deal might unearth some spicy info with Geelong.

I have been thinking about how matching academy bids will become difficult with the changes and i mean its a little more difficult, but given that i don't expect any of our three to be in the top 10 it really doesn't become that difficult to match. E.g. At Pick 10 in the new model with the 10% discount you would need picks 23 and 28 to match, or that would still be 37-41 with a pick 46 returning back. Just think it is almost negligible difference outside the top 10 but very tough on top 5 matching.
View attachment 2121623
Can you but this on X

Its interesting the Dogs have asked the AFL for a full investigation over the Smith deal might unearth some spicy info with Geelong.

Can see the Dogs playing hardball at the trade table after this

I have been thinking about how matching academy bids will become difficult with the changes and i mean its a little more difficult, but given that i don't expect any of our three to be in the top 10 it really doesn't become that difficult to match. E.g. At Pick 10 in the new model with the 10% discount you would need picks 23 and 28 to match, or that would still be 37-41 with a pick 46 returning back. Just think it is almost negligible difference outside the top 10 but very tough on top 5 matching.
View attachment 2121623
Yeah, it’s pretty crazy. The drop from Pick 1 to Pick 2 is the same as from Pick 28 to Pick 54.

View attachment 2121623

That’s the way it should be. If you have to match in the top 5, you have to sell your whole hand. It shouldn’t be what GC are doing and getting the players at 2c in the dollar. It will be fine we rarely have more than 1 that’s rated each year

I actually reckon Wicks days are numbered as a small forward (party due to Cleary) and that Wicks should try to reinvent himself as a small forward. I think he has the tenacity, pace and smarts to pull it off - and could extend his career several years.
Agree. Wicks needs to try the lock down defender role. Not sure he has the temperament or the self discipline, but it remains probably his only real chance of a role in the best 22. Others have gone
past him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back