• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 17 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I'm definitely not in the 'Logan is a bust camp'! These big guys always take a lot longer to find their place in the AFL, and he has shown some promising signs. I know no two players are the same, but look how long it's taken Jesse Hogan to finally dominate a season! I just hope it doesn't take Logan that long... haha.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Not the same type but it took Hawkins a fair while to show signs. Next year though I want one less of these keys, for me that's Amartey going out, put another medium up there (few options there)

We will be fine whenever Warner leaves as i am huge on King being Warner 2.0. Just think we need to let some of the unknowns in Sheldrick and Cleary get time in the ones next year in their rightful position as well

We will be fine whenever Warner leaves as i am huge on King being Warner 2.0. Just think we need to let some of the unknowns in Sheldrick and Cleary get time in the ones next year in their rightful position as well

If we have any indication Warner is going, trade this year, take WCE pick 3 (with a swap in our favour somewhere else)

If we have any indication Warner is going, trade this year, take WCE pick 3 (with a swap in our favour somewhere else)
Yep if WCE offer even #3 F1 for Warner and F2 i would take that. Next year F2 for sh*t teams will probably start at 26-28, as there was 18 matchable players in the future stars game i believe

Yep if WCE offer even #3 F1 for Warner and F2 i would take that. Next year F2 for sh*t teams will probably start at 26-28, as there was 18 matchable players in the future stars game i believe

Yeah think two firsts if it's WCE is overs, I'd be happy with pick 3 flat, but if they want a swap here and there go for it. Doubt there's that many bare in mind the new bidding comes in be half that at most

Yeah think two firsts if it's WCE is overs, I'd be happy with pick 3 flat, but if they want a swap here and there go for it. Doubt there's that many bare in mind the new bidding comes in be half that at most
Bidding system will challenge some but at the same time if you think about it the picks just sorta refresh e.g. team A uses 5 picks in the 40s to match then all the picks below that rise up and can be used to match players as it becomes progressively easier to match. Still think a contracted Warner is worth more than #3 if Cerra went for #6 a couple of years ago

Not the same type but it took Hawkins a fair while to show signs. Next year though I want one less of these keys, for me that's Amartey going out, put another medium up there (few options there)
I agree, but I sort of disagree regarding Amarty, and by reading a lot on here, I think I'm in the minority. I reckon I'd play him over McLean as a backup ruckman/FWD.

He has much greater athleticism, quicker, and I reckon he could actually be a bit of a weapon around the ground if he has a big pre season training for that role.

McLean has been solid the last couple of years, but he was really poor in the ruck on Saturday, beaten by both Brisbane ruck options handily.

Lastly, I definitely disagree with playing both Ladhams and Grundy in the same team. Ladhams is not good enough as an AFL forward option, IMO.

I agree, but I sort of disagree regarding Amarty, and by reading a lot on here, I think I'm in the minority. I reckon I'd play him over McLean as a backup ruckman/FWD.

He has much greater athleticism, quicker, and I reckon he could actually be a bit of a weapon around the ground if he has a big pre season training for that role.

McLean has been solid the last couple of years, but he was really poor in the ruck on Saturday, beaten by both Brisbane ruck options handily.

Lastly, I definitely disagree with playing both Ladhams and Grundy in the same team. Ladhams is not good enough as an AFL forward option, IMO.

Grundy and McLean are statistically the best ruck duo in the league for HO and HOTA, thats why i would be playing McLean over Amartey especially because he is the bulkier ruckman and is a good combo to Grundy who has a similar body type to Amartey

Bidding system will challenge some but at the same time if you think about it the picks just sorta refresh e.g. team A uses 5 picks in the 40s to match then all the picks below that rise up and can be used to match players as it becomes progressively easier to match. Still think a contracted Warner is worth more than #3 if Cerra went for #6 a couple of years ago

Not against a swap here and there maybe it’s pick 3 plus their second for Warner and our second something like that. Doubt we get two firsts when they would be top 5 picks both years

Not against a swap here and there maybe it’s pick 3 plus their second for Warner and our second something like that. Doubt we get two firsts when they would be top 5 picks both years
That would be the same value of trade as Collingwood gave up for Schultz just saying. They gave up effectively 10 and 34 for him

Add to that is that Barrass is going to go for 2 firsts to WCE for their second imo so will be interesting what happens

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-30 at 11.26.12 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-30 at 11.26.12 AM.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 5
That would be the same value of trade as Collingwood gave up for Schultz just saying. They gave up effectively 10 and 34 for him

Add to that is that Barrass is going to go for 2 firsts to WCE for their second imo so will be interesting what happens

pick 3 is significantly higher than either of them, don't look at points every mana and his dog knows they are a horrid guide. It will be pick 3 plus something, what that something is who on earth knows. Highly doubt its two firsts.

pick 3 is significantly higher than either of them, don't look at points every mana and his dog knows they are a horrid guide. It will be pick 3 plus something, what that something is who on earth knows. Highly doubt its two firsts.
A lot of trades in the last 5 years for 22-24 year old talent with less accolades than Warner have gathered two firsts in the teens straight up. So i think its a possibility of getting #3 and an F1 especially if WCE think that they will improve with Baker Graham and Warner

A lot of trades in the last 5 years for 22-24 year old talent with less accolades than Warner have gathered two firsts in the teens straight up. So i think its a possibility of getting #3 and an F1 especially if WCE think that they will improve with Baker Graham and Warner

Not saying we won’t get two firsts but two top 5 picks seems highly optimistic

Maybe it’s the Hawks pick

So pick 3 plus the Hawks pick (ontraded) for Warner plus maybe a late pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to start working on those depth charts I did per role, last off season, again. Will need to wait to see what happens with initial delistings though.

I think if Chad did ask us if he could go, then get a better deal this year instead of wait. If he was a player who consistently turned up for more than a quarter or a half, I'd fight harder to keep, but if we could land a couple of top 10 picks and avoid the threat of the PSD next year, that'd get it done for me.

Haven't done the full mechanics of senior spot vs rookie, and it may change depending on anything that happens in the trade period, but...

Trade (any of these who want out):

Parker
Ch Warner
Konstanty
Ladhams
Adams
Even Co Warner if there's anyone interested, maybe as package deal to Eagles, an extra future 3rd in the trade

Delist:

McAndrew (has stagnated, probably better off going for a mature ager from a state league purely as short term senior backup while waiting on Green)

2 of Mitchell, Magor, Konstanty (if not traded), or Vickery

Keep:

One of Francis or Arnold
Hanily
2 of Mitchell, Magor, Konstanty (if not traded), or Vickery (think that's probably my order to keep too)

So my assumption being that we lose 3 of the Trade list above (more likely Chad and Adams staying on). We then delist McAndrew, one of Francis/Arnold and one of the other 4 names in Delist (assume we trade Konstanty).

So that's 6 outs, we may cut another but it'll do for now. Hanily just takes Reid's spot.

Draft

We've lost 2 rucks including a senior backup, so I'd look for another mature ager in rookie draft or SSP. If we're hopeful on Buller being fit, then I think Grundy, mature ager, Green, with Buller, Edwards to pinch hit in VFL is enough. Bit thin if we cop some injuries, might need to have a top up ruck on the VFL list.

I'd take 4 at the ND and 1 further rookie. Based on needs/losses and upcoming retirements.
  • 1 KPF (Shanahan, Matt Whitlock as swingman, Faull etc)
  • 2 KPD (Cochran as late/rookie interceptor, maybe another mature ager, preferably tall (195+) lockdown type)
  • 1 small defender (or someone like Harry Oliver we could turn into one given Cunners and Fox near end, we might need Mills in midfield for a while)
  • 1 medium forward (Hynes has been mentioned as mid/fwd option)
I know there's no inside mid in that list given we might let Parker go, Adams is only going to get slower, but I'd be looking at playing Fox down back every game and Mills training with the mids all off season to resume there. 2 of Sheldrick, Cleary and even Campbell should be used off half forward and rotate through centre bounces. If Campbell isn't in the mids rotations, then just have him as a permanent half forward please.

If there's a bull inside mid around one of our picks (not many around current firsts) then I think a medium forward pick might have to miss out (simply have to play Magor in his actual position in VFL then, and we have King and Chamberlain next year). If we lose Warner though, someone like Hynes is a must.

Last edited:
Warner is a quality player but he is replaceable he isn’t on a Heeney/Bont level and is I’d Errol above him tbh trade him now get the best value Geelong did the same a few seasons ago with Tim Kelly.

Warner is a quality player but he is replaceable he isn’t on a Heeney/Bont level and is I’d Errol above him tbh trade him now get the best value Geelong did the same a few seasons ago with Tim Kelly.

I think in a few years time Warner could easily be at Heeney's current level. His level isn't that far below Heeney right now.

Just listening to trade radio and they had a good discussion about us that mentioned how poor have drafted since 2019. Stated that it's gone under the radar due to us performing so well over that time.

Can't really argue there. Kinnear and Co. really need to lift their game, or maybe need to be given the boot! We need to be a bit more ruthless if we want to win the big one!

Just of note, there are these type of stories every draft, However in the 2021 draft we drafted Angus Sheldrick at pick 18 (which raised a few eyebrows at the time), and 2 picks later Brisbane drafted Kai Lohmann at pick 20... let's hope Angus can get his body right and actually impact next year...

Now that Dalrymple is gone maybe we'll get back to business?

I think in a few years time Warner could easily be at Heeney's current level. His level isn't that far below Heeney right now.
Possibly but I’d put money on the other way. Can be a turn over machine with his constant attempts at a dusty like fend off which never works

Just listening to trade radio and they had a good discussion about us that mentioned how poor have drafted since 2019. Stated that it's gone under the radar due to us performing so well over that time.

Can't really argue there. Kinnear and Co. really need to lift their game, or maybe need to be given the boot! We need to be a bit more ruthless if we want to win the big one!

Just of note, there are these type of stories every draft, However in the 2021 draft we drafted Angus Sheldrick at pick 18 (which raised a few eyebrows at the time), and 2 picks later Brisbane drafted Kai Lohmann at pick 20... let's hope Angus can get his body right and actually impact next year...

Beatson (and Dubai Quacker) looked like geniuses during Sheldrick's run of senior games last year. I think it's his body and related confidence issues with him. And I was someone screaming about not picking Van Rooyen who was still available, then following up by not at least picking Bazzo or another KPD over Roberts.

A full pre season and if in form, being picked is a must (I don't care if he pushes Chad, assuming still with us, out of centre bounces or if Adams can't get a game).

Only poor since 2019?

Look at some of our first round picks over the years:

Our first round drafting leaves a lot to be desired..

Jed Lamb
Dean Towers
Zak Jones
Matt Ling
Ollie Florent
Dylan Stephens
Logan McDonald
Angus Sheldrick
Jacob Konstanty

Could go back further and include Daniel O’Keefe, Patrick Vezpremi, Lewis Johnston. Jetta and Rohan were solid

Rough reading though

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back