• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 17 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah think two firsts if it's WCE is overs, I'd be happy with pick 3 flat, but if they want a swap here and there go for it. Doubt there's that many bare in mind the new bidding comes in be half that at most
3 is well unders for a proven AA level player who wants to be in Perth. It's not like you get the kid at 3 and it's a given he's going to work out and want to be in your city. Take a look at our recent high picks for evidence. For Warner you'd want 3 and a pick in the teens from either of the WA teams.

Do we really trust our recruiting team with a top 5 pick? After our recent selections?

I say this with love we'd deserve the firing squad if we miss in this year's top 5! They'd all be no1 picks any other year!

3 is well unders for a proven AA level player who wants to be in Perth. It's not like you get the kid at 3 and it's a given he's going to work out and want to be in your city. Take a look at our recent high picks for evidence. For Warner you'd want 3 and a pick in the teens from either of the WA teams.

That's why I have said 3 plus the Hawks first (they will trade Barass for the Hawks first this year and next), so 3 and 11 for Warner and lets say a 3rd. Not interested at all in the Fremantle picks

As nice as that would be, no way freo let him go
Which is probably true, yet they need to find something close to Warner's value. If he was genuinely considering moving to WA, then I'd put that forward as an acceptable option.

Which is probably true, yet they need to find something close to Warner's value. If he was genuinely considering moving to WA, then I'd put that forward as an acceptable option.
And I have no doubt if freo come knocking for warner, serong will be the first player we ask for and they will shut it down just as quick.

If we could stop drafting kids from outside NSW that'd be tops.
Or at the least, draft the talented ones that actually support Sydney. Serong obviously but I reckon RCD that went to the tigers would have done better and got more games with us.

He can impact in bursts in the midfield or run with role on slower mids as we've seen.

I just don't think he can be a main mid as much as some expect. I think of the 4 games where he was at 40% or more of centre bounces, he had 11 clearances in total.

Maybe his off season can focus on his forward craft and trying to get a bit more burst into his legs, is still going to be a useful backup and might be a regular sub to come on and impact against tired midfields (if Parker is gone, you don't have the risk of both being on at the same time).
Exactly this. He was a capable mid for us this year in a period we were the best team in it.
Still valuable to have as a rotational piece.
If we draft right, allow Warner and Sheldrick to attack the footy, he might even play in next year's Grand Final, who knows?
Though with Brisbane getting the better Ashcroft brother in the draft we might not want to. :grin:

Could see Stringer in Sydney next year but maybe with the other mob

It worked for Hogan....it might work for him too.
Would be disastrous for our chances if he went there and played well.

I'd take him here on a highly incentive heavy deal for games played and team success. We aren't winning jackpoop without a better forward line even if we do get better coaching and a contested game to go with our outside run.

Last edited:
I feel we try to be too smart or play silly buggers.

Sometimes the best rated player by everyone is the player you should pick.

2022: the whole bids shennigans then Konstanty when player like Weddle and Hustwaite were there and rated by a heap of people

2021: sheldrick (injured so who knows) but maybe Matt Johnston (was a slider)

2020: pretty good TBF

2019: Stephens, Gould and Taylor. Serong was too obvious for us, hit it outta the park with warner

Very much Captain hindsight, but a lot were very evident at the time

This is where I'm concerned. It's too many bad drafts close together. We have a lot of players on their last contracts but very few ready to step up. We went ruck last year so that's a slow burn too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or at the least, draft the talented ones that actually support Sydney. Serong obviously but I reckon RCD that went to the tigers would have done better and got more games with us.
Tigers were desperate for midfield players and RCD couldn't break through. Ended up poaching from the Giants - I don't think he would have done much better with us

Wasn't Arnold considered just about the best KPD not getting a game in AFL before he came to us?
What's happened? How's his form in VFL, I can see how he' been stuck behind our big 3, but someone with some athleticism and marking ability needs to be pushing Rampe out of the team next year. The write up on Alex Tauru in the draft this year sounds ideal for our list and team.

Tauru was a mid 30-40s prospect 3 months ago. Won't last to our picks now. He'd be perfect, and a young birthday too

Wherever the Swans draft they just have to go with someone that is around the mock. Don't get cute and pick a left field guy, this is definitely not the year to do it.
The guys in the top 25 are going to be decent players if you develop them and give them chances early on. That's half the battle with young players, they need opportunity and exposure early on.

i love McCartin but feel like he's been given a bum steer to be used as our number one defender.

I see him more like a. Ryan Lester type

Throw cash at Noah Balta.

Hasn't settled at the Tigers, only 25 and is a RFA in the end of next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back