Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 17 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We are the window, heeney , paps etc are 29

We need some harden bodies

Kids won’t do until 3 to 4 years
Gotta have money though. Who are we trading out? Parker, sure. But then who? Chad the only obvious answer. Maybe go left field and trade florent even though he just signed, it's happened before.

Gotta have money though. Who are we trading out? Parker, sure. But then who? Chad the only obvious answer. Maybe go left field and trade florent even though he just signed, it's happened before.
Should have everyone on the market imo, see what comes in, what can be manoeuvred around

I'm as disappointed as anyone, but the team that put a 3 game gap on the competition @ 160% and won 2 finals wasn't a complete mirage.

Sure, we had some gaps in our list and our strategy badly exposed, but any suggestion of a rebuild because this list can't get back there is a significant overreaction.

We reload and go again.

Trading in hamling to sure us up Down back played forward most of yr in ressies
Untried at senior level
Traded in adams for contested bull work
We know how that ended
Traded in Grundy played the yr but tailed off dramatically
Jordan was a win but never improved us that much
Don’t think there is enough out there to turn this around think we have enough cattle with talent
Need new direction with mongrel and a hard edge the focus teams get on top and we pack up simple as that happens to often
Coach coaches game plan that’s the change needed now it’s gone way to far

The AFL just ruled the pick we got from North will come after any Band 2 compo picks 🤬🤬🤬🤬

AFL informed teams that 'Band 2' compensation picks will fall before North Melbourne's pair of end-of-first round selections.

Sydney now face the prospect of falling further down the draft order should any of this year's free agency departures be deemed worthy of 'Band 2' or end-of-first round compensation.
This is the same thing that happened last year with the compo picks, it's not a conspiracy to **** us over, for once the AFL is consistently applying a rule that they used before. It's still frustrating, but they are being consistent. No need for pitchforks at the moment.

Clubs had lobbied to the AFL for the compensation picks to be placed before North Melbourne's pair of selections, given a similar situation occurred last year.

Adelaide and St Kilda both picked before Carlton, who held the Kangaroos' pick in 2023, having received end-of-first round compensation picks for Tom Doedee's free agency move to Brisbane and Jade Gresham's to Essendon respectively.

North Melbourne earned three end-of-first round compensation picks from the AFL last year due to poor performance, one in 2023 and two in 2024, but traded all three to rival clubs.

Last year's pick was shifted to the Blues in exchange for Zac Fisher, while their two picks this season went to the Swans for Dylan Stephens and to the Suns as a result of a pick-swap undertaken last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amartey played his first full season and was our leading goal kicker

Put McLean in your crosshairs imo

Either one not fussed who goes out. McLean covers ruck more. Need to take one of talls out

Either one not fussed who goes out. McLean covers ruck more. Need to take one of talls out
Like I said yesterday, put all 3 of them up against each other all summer. Specific drills for ruck work, jump, marking, goal accuracy, pack marking, etc. Tell them there's only two spots. Make them earn it.

Amartey cops alot of flak. However there is alot of talent to work with there. Another full preseason to back up from a relatively injury free year will hopefully build his tank and durability, allowing him to be an option as a backup ruck. If this eventuates, I think he is the preferred option over Mclean if we go for a two tall setup.

I'm as disappointed as anyone, but the team that put a 3 game gap on the competition @ 160% and won 2 finals wasn't a complete mirage.

Sure, we had some gaps in our list and our strategy badly exposed, but any suggestion of a rebuild because this list can't get back there is a significant overreaction.

We reload and go again.

Oh no doubt we will back in 12 or 24 months dissecting another GF capitulation.

Hoping for Cleary and Sheldrick to cement a place in the side in 2025, exit meetings were today i assume Parker is staying?

Oh no doubt we will back in 12 or 24 months dissecting another GF capitulation.

Hoping for Cleary and Sheldrick to cement a place in the side in 2025, exit meetings were today i assume Parker is staying?

Mad monday

Amartey cops alot of flak. However there is alot of talent to work with there. Another full preseason to back up from a relatively injury free year will hopefully build his tank and durability, allowing him to be an option as a backup ruck. If this eventuates, I think he is the preferred option over Mclean if we go for a two tall setup.
Agreed. Amartey's most recent preseason was his first uninterrupted, and he is our leading goal kicker. I think there is still a lot of upside with Amartey. McLean the most vulnerable in my opinion.

Amartey is more than fine imo has provided great value for a late rookie pick.

Logan however is a problem showed little for a top 5 prospect so far even when we were dominating.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back