• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 17 28.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Serong boat has well and truly sailed. That guy is Freo through and through now.

We ****ed up but we should be used to blowing 1st round picks.

not going to happen but I wouldn't say no to:

In
Stringer
If Warner leaves, offer 1-2 first rounders for Clarry
Draft: Big body mid from draft
Draft: Ready made key defender or quick, strong marking / leading power forward in the mould of Hogan, waterman and Tracey.

Out
Parker
If Warner leaves (in 2 first rounders)

Never want to see again 3 gangly slow tall forwards who can't take a mark.
Want to see Gus starting mid for at least the first 3-5 games.
Hoping Mills can return to being a 2-way AA quality mid (Neale was exceptional at this in the GF). Good size and good mark.

Preseason focus
1. Not over committing to the contest
2. Keeping your feet
3. Bringing sustained pressure and sticking tackles
4. Finals footy (aggressive, unsociable, physical)
5. plan B for when teams flood the corridor (run and gun?) hail Mary positional swings.
6. Avoid long blind / long kicks - we don't have the contested marking strength for it

We were the best team playing the best footy for the majority of the season, even without any notable trades, a big body mid in the draft, aggressive and powerful forward and a hungry Sheldrick and mills (+development from the younger players like Lmac, Cleary, Campbell) put us in a great position. Just drop the 3rd tall

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Probably should be trying to extract a young defender from either the Eagles or Dockers in any Chad trade.
Eagles young tall defenders seem like they're all from WA though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you’re referring to Chad, he doesn’t want to be here beyond next year, why would he change his mind?

For $ , I don't know , I take your point but try harder 😂.

Jmac and Florent's defensive numbers are all fairly low. Warners are average to low. Offensively they are all strong but these are 3 which would be worth targetting.

Blakey and Campbells can also be very low, however Campbell improved as the season went on. Blakey I just don't know how he'll go

These are the players who need to pick up their defensive efforts.

Trading the Chad isn't the end of the world and you never get enough value for a 23yo AA midfielder. That's why people said Melbourne would need 5 x 1sts for Trac to listen.
We don't have him on contract for long enough and now we need to make decisions. The worst of which would be to keep him and he leaves next off season.

The problem for the Swans this year is there is a boatload of players wanting to go to WCE and Freo and only so many picks to go around.

The strategy should be a 1-2 year campaign to lure a big name. LDU would fit perfectly in with this midfield. There will be a few decent players not getting a gig at the Lions next year. Doedee is coming off injury but will he get opportunities?

I saw McAndrew and a few of the reserve boys walking home from the MCG on Saturday. He is a very tall human. However, he is the classic bean pole.

Given the way the ruck is now, can't see any point persisting with him. We need to go draft Nelson Asofa Solomona or someone of his build..........

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back