• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 18 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually don’t think the list needs any major surgery, it’s the game plan and senior coach that need to be changed

Obviously there are areas where we can improve as our depth isn’t great, but we don’t need to do anything outlandish, just be clever
Think this is right. The reality is that at least 18 of the 23 who took on the Lions are going to be there for round 1.

We might bring in a little depth, and perhaps 1 or 2 best 22 players, but this list can go again.

How hard is it to find a Kozzie Pickett in the draft?. A flashy manic pressure tackling goal scoring small forward. At least we know we’ll have a shot if the ball hits the ground in the forward line unlike what it is right now.
Horse won't play one unless he can also run through the middle, play KPF and also do the accounting for the club's books.

Suspect they are taking under market value, but for longer.

We also want to make the academy attractive for kids to join and stick with it, instead of racking off to League, so can't appear to be too cheap with them.

Aren't Heeney, Mills , Blakey apparently in the top 30 earners in the league?

Think this is right. The reality is that at least 18 of the 23 who took on the Lions are going to be there for round 1.

We might bring in a little depth, and perhaps 1 or 2 best 22 players, but this list can go again.

it's up to others to force them out, Rampe is what 35? then someone like Francis or a kid needs to take the spot and make Rampe expendable

And get flogged at the pointy end again. Probably before the GF this time.
We need an influx of athletic young talent with size. (assuming Sheldrick and Clearancy solve our problem inside). 190cm or above, a Rampe replacement, a KPF who is quick and can take some contested grabs, a wing option with some size/speed.

Aren't Heeney, Mills , Blakey apparently in the top 30 earners in the league?
They are also AA players. The point of the academy is to give us first shot at them and then I think it is up to the club to keep them after that. If we offered them $600k and someone else is offering them $800k then we lose them - simple as that.

And get flogged at the pointy end again. Probably before the GF this time.
We need an influx of athletic young talent with size. (assuming Sheldrick and Clearancy solve our problem inside). 190cm or above, a Rampe replacement, a KPF who is quick and can take some contested grabs, a wing option with some size/speed.
Reid was the last player we had at either end who could consistently take contested grabs. We desperately need someone now who can do that to help us clear the defensive half.

Reid was the last player we had at either end who could consistently take contested grabs. We desperately need someone now who can do that to help us clear the defensive half.
The only player on our list that could fit that roll would be McDonald but I have big reservations when I say that.Luke Parker how much time do you think we can give McDonald up forward,he might be a better forward if we only went with the 2 big forwards.

I would look at playing McDonald at CHB early games 2025 but have a big question mark against him at this stage.
A guy that's taken literally only a few contested marks all year, and can rarely even bring the ball to ground.
You want THAT guy playing defense??
Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only player on our list that could fit that roll would be McDonald but I have big reservations when I say that.Luke Parker how much time do you think we can give McDonald up forward,he might be a better forward if we only went with the 2 big forwards.
I haven't seen that from McDonald. He has a lot of attributes but contested overhead marking is not one of them. These guys will usually show it through their junior football where they can take a mark at the 'highest point' and have sticky hands and I don't think we have anyone on our list who had that said about them in their draft year.

I don't care if our next recruiter becomes a woman, just as long as he or she is good at their job.
You can't become a woman. You either is, or you ain't one.
You can only hope to do a good impersonation - and if that's what someone wanna do, then I'm totally accepting of their choice.

Love this set up. Looks like a much more functional set up. My only question is whether Amartey needs to be one of the key talls. I would argue his upside is higher than the other 2 and is better at bringing the ball to ground.
I have McLean in the side due to him foiling Grundy in the ruck so well given his body type. Think Amartey sort of chokes McDonald a bit tbh. But could see those that would want Amartey over McDonald given they play a similar style

Give him 2 more FULL seasons. He's tracking exactly how Hawkins was.

Logan plays as the centre key forward and I’d probably go McLean just over Amartey as the second tall. Not fussed on the second one if you can tell me Amarteynis better in the ruck I’d be fine with that.

Three smalls in Cleary, Paps and Campbell up forward. Cleary pushing up to the HF.

Give him 2 more FULL seasons. He's tracking exactly how Hawkins was.

Logan plays as the centre key forward and I’d probably go McLean just over Amartey as the second tall. Not fussed on the second one if you can tell me Amarteynis better in the ruck I’d be fine with that.

Three smalls in Cleary, Paps and Campbell up forward. Cleary pushing up to the HF.
Exactly this i think Campbell will be our beau mccreery or Bedford (when he was a forward) type of small forward that averages 5-6 tackles a game and provides that pressure. He would also be an asset because his ball use is better than most forwards especially in open space

Cleary has won a total of 3 clearances. Putting a lot of pressure on him. Same with Sheldrick they're not going to come in and revolutionise our mid in 1 season
In the national champs last year clearances:
Reid 6.5
McKercher 5.5
Sanders 5.0
Cleary 4.1

And you have to remember that those last 3 played in the same side

Cleary has won a total of 3 clearances. Putting a lot of pressure on him. Same with Sheldrick they're not going to come in and revolutionise our mid in 1 season

Sheldrick is on our list and is way better. How about we give the bloke a go. Adams is on our list too

Exactly this i think Campbell will be our beau mccreery or Bedford (when he was a forward) type of small forward that averages 5-6 tackles a game and provides that pressure. He would also be an asset because his ball use is better than most forwards especially in open space

Also takes out his issue where we worry about output he only needs it 6-10 times up forward. Also has elite tackling pressure

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back