• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dream draft would be:

#19 Cooper Hynes
#23 Matt Whitlock

#44 (from North) Dom Brew

#58 match Joel Cochran

Rookie Joe Harrison

***Would need us to delist a main list spot and that would Konstanty who i don't see anyone sniffing around him for a trade
Pretty much my realistic dream as well.

Charlie Nicholls is another KPF we could look at around the late 20s (where we may end up).

Mature ager in our 40s pick (for Parker) is fine, get them in before we miss out with later rookie picks, with Murphy (Frankston), Frost and Ryan (West Adelaide) or similar as other options.

Would like a small defender at the rookie draft.

Though I think 4 at the ND would require us to lose one more than just Vickery, Konstanty and Parker. Someone had to be upgraded I'm sure.

Would walk into the side tbh

Sure he’s a gun but the last position we need to burn our whole draft hand on. Sure he’s better than what we have but we need key talls (both ends) badly and a pressure forward way more

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah as if.
Trying to make it look like we are doing something.
He is going HOME to Victoria.
unless another HOME brings in more money

Still think we should have grabbed stringer

Drop a tall in the front half

Still room for a extra small also with Parker gone

2 talls
2 mediums in Steiger and Hayward

2 smalls in paps and Cleary/wicks
Yeah I think it’s a miss by us for nothing
I always look at it this was even with all the negative talk around him .
Every time we play Essendon who worries me it’s stringer everytime he can win a game off his own boot when on he’ll be gws Mitch Mortan
Plus he kicked 40 this year too

Wouldn't blame the club for holding onto him if we're only given insulting offers. End of the day it depends how badly norf want him. 3 years says to me they want him pretty badly. I'd be more than happy ro see him play game 300 in red and white
This Is The Truth Agree GIF

Pretty much my realistic dream as well.

Charlie Nicholls is another KPF we could look at around the late 20s (where we may end up).

Mature ager in our 40s pick (for Parker) is fine, get them in before we miss out with later rookie picks, with Murphy (Frankston), Frost and Ryan (West Adelaide) or similar as other options.

Would like a small defender at the rookie draft.

Though I think 4 at the ND would require us to lose one more than just Vickery, Konstanty and Parker. Someone had to be upgraded I'm sure.
Yep those were the ultra realistic options at each pick.

On your bolded point. We came into the season with a 37-5-2 split of senior-A-B list spots. We can fudge that a little with going up to 38-4-2 which i think is a possibility given the nature of the draft. We delisted Vickery, Parker is pretty much confirmed out the door and Konstanty out would get us down to 34-3-2 prior to the draft and open up 4 ND spots. Upon your second bolded point the new rules extended the rookie list to 5 years and don't think anyone has been on it for more than 3 so we are fine for another year there

His main job is to mentoring the young kids coming up. Don't care if he lost his pace. He can play VFL for all I care but hand down the experiences are the most important thing.
Ever heard of an assistant coach. North want him to be playing beside the young players for his experience so no, VFL isn't going to happen.

Yeah I think it’s a miss by us for nothing
I always look at it this was even with all the negative talk around him .
Every time we play Essendon who worries me it’s stringer everytime he can win a game off his own boot when on he’ll be gws Mitch Mortan
Plus he kicked 40 this year too
Yep we have to grab a Stringer like player in the draft now that we have missed him and thats probably why there is an even split on grabbing Hynes or Davis with one of the late firsts

Sure he’s a gun but the last position we need to burn our whole draft hand on. Sure he’s better than what we have but we need key talls (both ends) badly and a pressure forward way more
He would allow Blakey more freedom. Right now we use his versitility to cover small and tall players.

A Houston would allow us move Blakey to a position where the oppo needs to find an opponent for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would allow Blakey more freedom. Right now we use his versitility to cover small and tall players.

A Houston would allow us move Blakey to a position where the oppo needs to find an opponent for him

We’d have no capital to target what we need. Do tell who are the key forwards bar Logan?

It won't happen, but...

Houston in, Blakey to forward line, drop a KPF.

Would burn off every defender as an outlet target. Intercepting KPDs would have nightmares knowing that it doesn't matter where he is in the F50, if the ball sits up (hey it's our F50 entry) he could get to them.

Wouldn't normally entertain it, but for Houston I might.

Still think we should have grabbed stringer

Drop a tall in the front half

Still room for a extra small also with Parker gone

2 talls
2 mediums in Steiger and Hayward

2 smalls in paps and Cleary/wicks
Agreed. $900k over 2 years is worth a crack. Get him out of Melbourne and into a contending side and he'll come good I reckon.

It won't happen, but...

Would burn off every defender as an outlet target. Intercepting KPDs would have nightmares knowing that it doesn't matter where he is in the F50, if the ball sits up (hey it's our F50 entry) he could get to them.

We've tried this before and it was terrible.

Stringer will go for what is practically a throw away pick.

Barring injury he’s gonna get you 40 goals, and he is another player that teams need to match up and plan for .

He’s a hell of a lot better than wicks that’s for sure

We've tried this before and it was terrible.
He was a kid. He has matured considerably since then. He has 100 games of experience and the confidence of an all Australian player now .

The game was over but when he went forward in the gf he instantly took a big mark.

He won’t be a ff but no reason he couldn’t play a Jeremy Cameron role .

He adds some much needed athleticism to our statue forward line.

It won't happen, but...

i see yes GIF

Well that is exactly the problem. We have to pay ridiculous money to a) get them to come & then b)get them to stay.
It’s our reality for sure

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back