• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 20 28.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck to opposition finding a matchup for Blakey. He will cause nightmares. The confusion alone caused by his wheels due to opposition needing constant handovers for him.

We should be able to force favourable matchups and loose players with his presence up there

It won't happen, but...

Houston in, Blakey to forward line, drop a KPF.

Would burn off every defender as an outlet target. Intercepting KPDs would have nightmares knowing that it doesn't matter where he is in the F50, if the ball sits up (hey it's our F50 entry) he could get to them.

Wouldn't normally entertain it, but for Houston I might.

Blakey is terrible up forward why on earth are we moving him. His errors drive me insane and he’s as dumb as can be but we don’t need Houston.

What we need is simple key talls both ends, possible a winger as we need to replace Lloyd soon enough, definately a small or pressure forward. Those would be the needs surely not a Houston type. I love Dan but it’s just asking for trouble on a list standpoint and also keeping the bloke

Still think we need pressure more than we need goals.

An elite forward pressure game can create more goals than any one talented goalkicker can.

Gotta get some quality smalls into the team.

Agreed pressure/small forward is one of my needs. Wouldn’t be against going first up in the draft with this

Blakey is terrible up forward why on earth are we moving him. His errors drive me insane and he’s as dumb as can be but we don’t need Houston.

What we need is simple key talls both ends, possible a winger as we need to replace Lloyd soon enough, definately a small or pressure forward. Those would be the needs surely not a Houston type. I love Dan but it’s just asking for trouble on a list standpoint and also keeping the bloke
Wedding Crashers Shut Up GIF by filmeditor

Agreed pressure/small forward is one of my needs. Wouldn’t be against going first up in the draft with this
Are there any ready-to-go small forwards in the draft? I know nothing about this year's draft.

I suppose most small forwards are senior-ready. It's probably the easiest position to slot into an AFL 22 in as a teenager, a la Papley.

It seems some on this board have more faith in Stringer than Essendon FC who are effectively pushing him out the door (40 goals and all). :think:
In fairness, asking us who to trust more out of Jake Stringer and Essendon FC is like, as Sean Locke would say, asking if I'd rather step in dog shit or cow shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some extra info from another press conference with Keane (video doesn’t seem to be uploaded anywhere)

Sounds like Ladhams likely to stay

Somebody asked about Wicks - had a positive exit meeting and fully invested

Sounds like we’re not looking at trading anyone in:

"In terms of areas we might need to address, we might look to do that in the draft," Keane added.

Here’s the video of the presser with Keane:

Are there any ready-to-go small forwards in the draft? I know nothing about this year's draft.

I suppose most small forwards are senior-ready. It's probably the easiest position to slot into an AFL 22 in as a teenager, a la Papley.

Hotton is my favourite one but Kako is the ready made one (unavailable Essendon NGA). Hotton has a lot of tricks

Callum M Brown from gws would be a good punt for mid sized fwd. Has the athleticism & good foot skills but hasn't quite clicked for him.

That’s one I don’t hate actually worth the punt

Any one of his dinky kicks trying to be cute that just go straight to the opposition, that if any other player in the team regularly did they'd be flayed by fans for!

His errors always cost goals too drives me bonkers needs to know when to take a risk and when not to

So we had a swing at getting Riley Garcia: “despite late significant interest from Sydney in the past fortnight…”

My question would be why was our significant interest in Garcia "late"?

Could be a number of things. Did we not think we needed to go after a small forward but then suddenly changed our minds?Did we not become aware of Garcia's potential availability until very late in the game? Was Garcia not on our radar because we were secretly after someone else? Was our interest in Garcia only the result of one of our own smalls wanting out unexpectedly?

But frustrating.

My question would be why was our significant interest in Garcia "late"?

Could be a number of things. Did we not think we needed to go after a small forward but then suddenly changed our minds?Did we not become aware of Garcia's potential availability until very late in the game? Was Garcia not on our radar because we were secretly after someone else? Was our interest in Garcia only the result of one of our own smalls wanting out unexpectedly?

But frustrating.
Was Garcia's manager pushing up the price?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back