Autopsy 2024 Elimination Final Blues blown away in first half. Never looked likely.

Who played well for the Blues in the Elimination final vs the Lions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We messed this season up big time...

team is stacked with talent but we monumentally messed up this season
Failure to rotate some of the players to make sure they were fresh for the end of the year... and a rotating door with soft tissue injuries in the medical centre.

A botched elimination final after a botched season. All after sitting in 2nd place a couple of months ago. We didn't even get to blood one of Moir, Lord or Binns in a final.

So how much more does Voss have to run on his contract? Doubt he is taking us where we wan't to go. I am afraid we will be stuck as a 6th to 9th side and this list will be wasted.

Majority on here knew we were in trouble when side was selected. It’s been an issue all year

Sadly, our best style and effort was last two games when we were “forced” to play the young talent

Says it all to me
Kinda exactly like when we got on our run last season, funny that - we get better when the side is forced and not selected & we then dump our “game style”

Feel like I should just copy & paste all the posts ahead of this one.
Brayshaw summed it up perfectly " once your 60 points up, you're just getting to the finishing line from there".
While I'm rapt we outscored them from there, it really is just wallpapering over the cracks.
10 goals down, scoreless, in nearly an hour of a final....is just beyond poor.
Selections & tactics got more weird as the season went on. Have to admit, I cracked the sads when I saw our team on Thursday night & TDK as sub was the icing on the cake (not to mention Kennedy subbed out ahead of a few others).
Now to check the Bluemour thread every day until trade period ends 😂
Onwards & upwards in 2025 🙏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

60-0 is horrendous and players should get their right whack for the lack of effort.

But watching sides like Hawthorn and Geelong replenish their lists with young players - some of whom come off the scrap heap - and win, whereas Carlton look like they'd reanimate the corpse of Soapy Vallence for one last crack if they could, is what gets me.

Maybe the personnel is there or thereabouts (when healthy), but the method behind it is not.

Oh and for next year.

I really do hope we see less of players like Williams in the main side. Haynes as well is not the solution.

We are looking dead-set dry and unappealing with this same group.

Need to reinvigorate and inject this team with some more youth. I want to see Moir, Lord, Binns and such regular seniors players. They need this exposure.

Lost it at selection, was so obvious selection was wrong I just don’t know if I have the confidence to feel we have the right people in charge.

That first 45 minutes was so bad, the only selection that looked ok was McGovern but the rest were an absolute rabble.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You don’t need to apologise for disagreeing. I put it to you that one player DOeS make a difference. Look what a change came over the game when Tom came on.

3 pressure players would have made the world of difference.

Cinc instead of Durdin (invisible).
Lord instead of Cerra (3 tackles)
Binns instead of Motlop or Williams, push Doc forward.

Heaps of options to have made a big difference.

We had a pressure rating of 163 because we picked the slowest lowest pressure side possible on our list.

And then proceeded to make Tom sub. Incredible.
So much this.

I think part of the issue lies in the fact that Voss seems to automatically think that if someone is a 'small forward' then they therefore must also be a pressure player.

When the reality is that Durdin and Motlop are abysmal pressure forwards (and also don't kick goals or actually get the ball either, making them genuinely useless).

But Voss just always resolutely sticks with them, picking the 'pressure forwards' to complement the tall forwards. And then subs Kennedy because he's got to keep the 'pressure forwards' on there doing their thing.

Get ****ed.

Voss needs an attitude change as happened to Hardwick.
As much as I hate mentors he needs one. But who ?
Roos? Blight ? Or maybe get one of his old mid field boys to bounce shit off. Maybe gaz jnr.
Idk , just a bit lost as to where I thought we would be to where we are!😞
After 16 years in the coaching caper, 8 as senior, 8 assistant, getting a mentor is like bolting training wheels on a Harley.

Let it also be known that Bam Bam still had more impact on this game than Fantasia, Motlop, Durdin, Kemp & Williams…

He played 37 minutes.
Yep but our midfield is so flat footed I’m gathering Voss thought TDK could make it better for our forwards by his inclusion.

But you’re right, I’ve stated numerous times this year our forward mix isn’t right especially our smalls. They are doing next to nothing and letting it leave our forward line all to easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Elimination Final Blues blown away in first half. Never looked likely.

Back