Autopsy 2024 Elimination Final Blues blown away in first half. Never looked likely.

Who played well for the Blues in the Elimination final vs the Lions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton tackles..
0 Tackles - Four
1 Tackle - Nine
2 Tackles - Three
3 Tackles - Three
4 Tackles - Two
5 Tackles - Two

Another perspective:

Four top Brisbane players - 26 tackles combined.

20 Carlton Players - 28 tackles combined.

20 Carlton players out tackled four Brisbane players by two tackles. That genuinely makes me feel sick.

Durdin & Motlop - absolutely not.

Cerra - we should have kept Carrol in.

TDK sub - no

Kennedy being subbed off after 1.5 quarters despite having an impact 36 hours after leaving his newborn and wife. Culture destroyer. This is Adelaide level of destroying team fabric.

I saw a group of the boys out on Lygon St for dinner on Father’s Day and after tonight’s performance and team selections I think the issue is actually culture. Voss has lost a group or two of the players

No one will read my stupid rant but if anyone can answer any of these questions, please?

If TDK isn't fit enough to play a full game, start him then sub him off. Make Docherty the sub.

Our bottom 10 possession gatherers were players who have been terrible all year: Durdin, (Kennedy - doesn't count as he was tactically subbed - see dot point above, Kemp (I give him a mulligan as he was played out of position with Curnow out), Mckay - ok we had to play him but one of the 6 inclusions, Motlop - very poor all year, O. Hollands - very average all year, Pittonet - when has the 2 ruckmen game ever worked other than the GWS game at Marvel, Fantasia - very average all year, De Koning - mulligan seeing he was the sub, Zac Williams - another of the six inclusions.

Why would you drop Cincotta when he could tag Zorko who destroyed us in the first half?

Binns, Lord, Moir have shown more in the two games they let them play then Durdin, Motlop and O.Hollands this year.

The selection decisions were unfathomable on Thursday night. Look at Hawthorn playing young players. Even Geelong are playing young players. We blew this year by constantly rushing players back like Cottrell, Cerra, Williams, McGovern. Played Charlie on one ankle all year until he injured it. Then we finally gave young players like Binns, Lord and Moir a go and they looked really good. Then dropped them all.

The game in 2024 is built around runners and we dropped them all. We weren't going to win anyway but genuinely gobsmacked at the horrendous unlogical selections.

60-0 is horrendous and players should get their right whack for the lack of effort.

But watching sides like Hawthorn and Geelong replenish their lists with young players - some of whom come off the scrap heap - and win, whereas Carlton look like they'd reanimate the corpse of Soapy Vallence for one last crack if they could, is what gets me.

Maybe the personnel is there or thereabouts (when healthy), but the method behind it is not.

Mick Malthouse may be a bitter old prick, but he was right about one thing - we're more museum than football club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 months ago we were **** of the walk 2nd.

Whatever we were doing right went horrendously wrong.

There were young guys who had their chance, made a mark, & were pushed aside.

They aren’t seat fillers.

Lotta money went down the toilet this year.

That GWS game.

The giants absolutely broke them. Got into their minds. Broke their psyche.

They were never the same again.

We have lost 5 of our last 8. We can bitch about selections but it probably wouldn't have made a difference.. you need momentum and we had none. Tonight was very poor though we need a good system and we don't have one. The Hawks list is no better than ours... just better drilled....we need to get ahead of the game

No one will read my stupid rant but if anyone can answer any of these questions, please?

If TDK isn't fit enough to play a full game, start him then sub him off. Make Docherty the sub.

Our bottom 10 possession gatherers were players who have been terrible all year: Durdin, (Kennedy - doesn't count as he was tactically subbed - see dot point above, Kemp (I give him a mulligan as he was played out of position with Curnow out), Mckay - ok we had to play him but one of the 6 inclusions, Motlop - very poor all year, O. Hollands - very average all year, Pittonet - when has the 2 ruckmen game ever worked other than the GWS game at Marvel, Fantasia - very average all year, De Koning - mulligan seeing he was the sub, Zac Williams - another of the six inclusions.

Why would you drop Cincotta when he could tag Zorko who destroyed us in the first half?

Binns, Lord, Moir have shown more in the two games they let them play then Durdin, Motlop and O.Hollands this year.

The selection decisions were unfathomable on Thursday night. Look at Hawthorn playing young players. Even Geelong are playing young players. We blew this year by constantly rushing players back like Cottrell, Cerra, Williams, McGovern. Played Charlie on one ankle all year until he injured it. Then we finally gave young players like Binns, Lord and Moir a go and they looked really good. Then dropped them all.

The game in 2024 is built around runners and we dropped them all. We weren't going to win anyway but genuinely gobsmacked at the horrendous unlogical selections.
Sorry what did you say? I didn’t read it as I’m a bit hammered 😂

Wiling to give Motlop one more preseason, but Fantasia, Durdin, Marchbank, Young and a few others need to go, Williams as well maybe use him as a permanent FP or get rid on him.

We embarrassed the jumper tonight. We are so away from a flag it’s not funny. Next year is decision time on the re build.
Rebuild?

C’mon we were second 6 rounds ago and had Charlie in the stands tonight.

We need some better small/ mid sized forwards, Moir will help for next year.

Another key defender and some luck with injuries.

Get rid of the the constantly injured and get Voss some help. I don’t think he’s a great coach but he’s not bad either… but game day, match ups and tactically he gets out coached too often.

This team can’t allow themselves to be known for just being tough… they need to be known as winners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Elimination Final Blues blown away in first half. Never looked likely.

Back