Autopsy 2024 Elimination Final Blues blown away in first half. Never looked likely.

Who played well for the Blues in the Elimination final vs the Lions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m out I’m disappointed had a few beers not good for posting.
I’ve ranted but hope the boys take it seriously get a running coach and don’t go golfing with there brother get a peroxide hair cut some pink boots on there way back from Europe.
I’ve got a bad feeling about a couple that the status quoe is comfortable
Ime hoping the grit of toiling in seconds steels some players to replace some of these that cruise on raw talent

Take away all the farcical selection decisions this week. We fumbled into 8th after Port somehow won a big game in a season when there aren't really any good sides. I mean Hawthorn with a very average list with no high draft picks and no key position forwards or defenders other than Sicily at 188cm is looking at a prelim after losing their first 5 matches. We were 60-0 down tonight. That is completely embarrassing. Let's not kid ourselves with injury excuses. This season was a disaster. We have a list which is starting to age and the MC doesn't play young players anyway. Let's not sugar coat things. We need some hard decisions but we're not going to trade any good players in and will use all our picks on the Camporeales but they're not exactly going to be Nick Daicos.

If you come join me for some preseason training this is what you will see:

A fast running group, a bigs running group and a slow group.

At the very back of the slow group you’ll see Motlop Durdin and Williams. Like tailing off last.

So when you wonder why our forwards can’t pressure remember that. They can’t run. So when they play on guys who can (Zorko + Wilmer) they get killed. Things looked very different when Ollie went forward.

Voss values names on his magnets over players who can play roles. So obvious.

We literally need a whole new brigade of small forwards. I rate none of them
The best one of the lot, who was out suspended tonight, we haven't signed yet. Go figure. Had a god season. The rest though....eeek!

Motlop I understand. He missed so much footy this year he was never going to be fit. Ridiculous picking him until next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of all the talk about Harry and Ben McKay being one person, I actually think that Blake Acres might be two people.

One of them is an AFL footballer.

The other is a 3rd division Diamond Valley League player.

Every now and then, just for shits and giggles, we swap the two.

Conspiracy theory started....

2 months ago we were **** of the walk 2nd.

Whatever we were doing right went horrendously wrong.

There were young guys who had their chance, made a mark, & were pushed aside.

They aren’t seat fillers.

Lotta money went down the toilet this year.

I just wonder how the harmony between the players is tonight, reckon it’d be the most divided it’s been.

How many of the senior players would be looking at Cerra, Williams, Motlop, Fantasia to name a few and wondering about the droppings of Lord, Binns, Moir and hell even Carroll.

Bam Bam just had a kid, gives absolutely everything for this club and gets the shame of being subbed out for the stupidity of the match committee.

Reckon we’re a broken club at the moment, if not broken then breaking.

As big of an off season coming up as I can remember.

Cripps does and had 19 pressure acts across the game. 1 by Kennedy showed he was well off
It's Cripps. And Kennedy didn't play the full game, so you don't know how he'd have ended up.

Cripps shouldn't be playing ruck either.

So is is actually in the MC? I can't seem to find this info anywhere. I'd assume Voss and Lloyd are in it, but are all the assistant coaches there too?
It such an old concept. I remember when there was a chairman of the MC like Jack Wrout and Wes Lofts, the captain would sit within the group, the senior coach and the reserves coach. These days who knows? I assume it’s the coaches who pick the team.

So much of modern footy is about your half forwards who can pressure and help in transition.

Miers, Stengle, Cameron, Rayner, Rioli, Daniels, Weightman, Moore, Watson, Ginnivan, Macdonald, Papley, Hayward.

We're rolling with Fantasia, Motlop, Durdin and Eli Hollands. Motlop and Durdin never to be sighted, Fantasia tries but body is cooked, and Eli has fallen off a cliff. Our smalls don't pressure and they don't kick goals. They rarely get involved in transition. Damning.

Gave the MC the benefit of the doubt but obvious from the start the lack of continuity and match fitness killed us. Absolutely no pressure. Cerra couldn't keep up, Eli one paced defensively, Doc struggled. With the smalls not able to provide any pressure, we were never in it.

Back at it again. And again. And again. Not allowed to bag injuries. Not allowed to bag selection.

These players if played would have shown a lot of intent: Cincotta Binns and Lord. These players showed none: Motlop Durdin Williams Fantasia. Pick any 3 of those 4 and replace with the players who should have played and you’d have more intent. Selection def had a part to play in intent. It’s depressing for the players to watch guys like Zorko wander around alone. Throws the team structure right out the window. Everyone has to cover. Side would have looked totally different with Cincotta Lord and Binns in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Elimination Final Blues blown away in first half. Never looked likely.

Back