Autopsy 2024 Elimination Final Blues blown away in first half. Never looked likely.

Who played well for the Blues in the Elimination final vs the Lions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps deciding to sit next to Kennedy after the game says a bit I reckon.

Taking Kennedy out after he flew up last minute and left his newborn baby to help his teammates is a disgrace.
Didn't know this - and now I do, it was absolutely, reprehensibly a massive disgrace (also given Chugga's efforts this year)
Kennedy was fuming and rightly so and his teammates wouldn’t be happy for him.
Culture killing decision.

Amateur hour coaching and decision making.
Our game plan is a joke.

Waste of a year and waste of top end talent.
Yep. That would do it. That is really poor.

I’m a dumb arse supporter but even I said Doc has always been an average to poor kick.He had no hope of picking up the speed of the game after a year out.
The romantized bullshit was transperant of dumb dumb decision.It was selfish and arrogant from Doc thinking he’s better than the young dynamic replacement.I understand he’s delusion but the coach should sit above and see that lord bins Moir have played all year and are hardened.
He f up then tried to piss on us and tell us it’s raining with abysmal press conference.
To be honest with you I think he’s dumb or dishonest
He is the worst combination…..he is not very smart…..and yet he is stubborn.

It’s not going to end well for him. To have his level of stubbornness you had better be a borderline genius.

He’s a long way off it.

Back at it again. And again. And again. Not allowed to bag injuries. Not allowed to bag selection.

These players if played would have shown a lot of intent: Cincotta Binns and Lord. These players showed none: Motlop Durdin Williams Fantasia. Pick any 3 of those 4 and replace with the players who should have played and you’d have more intent. Selection def had a part to play in intent. It’s depressing for the players to watch guys like Zorko wander around alone. Throws the team structure right out the window. Everyone has to cover. Side would have looked totally different with Cincotta Lord and Binns in it.
Nope

Back at it again. And again. And again. Not allowed to bag injuries. Not allowed to bag selection.

These players if played would have shown a lot of intent: Cincotta Binns and Lord. These players showed none: Motlop Durdin Williams Fantasia. Pick any 3 of those 4 and replace with the players who should have played and you’d have more intent. Selection def had a part to play in intent. It’s depressing for the players to watch guys like Zorko wander around alone. Throws the team structure right out the window. Everyone has to cover. Side would have looked totally different with Cincotta Lord and Binns in it.
Yep, and it's not a hindsight call either. Heaps were saying it on Thursday night. So disappointing.

How many seasons did Hardwick have before he was sacked at Richmond? Oh wait... he wasn't The club stuck fat with him and how many premierships did he win in a 4 year period after it was rumoured that he was going to be sacked?
This is lolworthy. They had a clear cut defined plan and brought in youth and built a really strong core group up. With Hardwick. They were never close to sacking him and he showed improvement most years.

Plus when his core group was in the age bracket ours is they won premierships not fell backwards at a rate of knots that could set a new Sydney to Hobart race time record.

I just wonder how the harmony between the players is tonight, reckon it’d be the most divided it’s been.

How many of the senior players would be looking at Cerra, Williams, Motlop, Fantasia to name a few and wondering about the droppings of Lord, Binns, Moir and hell even Carroll.

Bam Bam just had a kid, gives absolutely everything for this club and gets the shame of being subbed out for the stupidity of the match committee.

Reckon we’re a broken club at the moment, if not broken then breaking.

As big of an off season coming up as I can remember.

Obviously.

There’s 3 out from this side.

That’s rule of thumb in any side EOS.

So it wasn’t meant to be.
At one point not so long ago up there as flag favourites
Then unfortunately the wheels feel off
Injuries play a part, absolutely
Rehab, Russell, other factors in the s&c, yep sure
Coaching and selection mistakes, yep
List, okay, we have some holes.

We fell into finals.
We played horrendous 1st half
We came back and played better, but they played even better, so they should, body of work over last few years they are 1 of the best besides not getting a flag.

Can we build on this, you bet
Will we improve next year, I believe so

We missed out by 1 game last year making the gf!

Keep on improving, keep on being hungry, keep on believing.

1st time in 20 plus years I have hope for a bright future after last couple of years.

We a trending in the right direction.

I’ve mentioned this before but this club owes the younger supporters success.

I genuinely hope that some luck goes our way in 25 and beyond and we can gives all supporters some much needed joy.

Love you all, I’m going on holidays to Fiji to fish and drink Fiji bitter, come join me, it’s good for your soul.

Keep believing.

This place can be harsh on one’s mental health, too many getting too worked up.

Be kind to yourselves and sink beers, eat good food, not fuqcking chicken stuffed inside pig inside cow inside camel inside humpback whales ffs.

Go blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, and it's not a hindsight call either. Heaps were saying it on Thursday night. So disappointing.
That's the frustrating thing. When we saw the horrible selections on Thursday and they dropped all the kids it was very deflating. Especially after Geelong had young players go ok and Hawthorn obviously.

Oh... it's you again. Funny how you always seem to show up after a loss and bag out the coach.

Now... lets have a look at Voss' record coaching at Carlton
2022 11 wins, 10 losses
2023 13 wins 9 losses 1 draw
2024 13 wins 10 losses

I do believe that 37 wins, 1 draw, and 29 losses is actually a positive win/loss ratio. But whingers have to whinge... so whinge away.
Was 12-10 in 2022.

Overall win loss record for Voss at Carlton is 39 wins, 31 losses and a draw. So its ok, but not great. We have not improved to be a top side in the 3 year, period just a top 8 contender really.

See how we go next year with new strength and conditioning, perma injured guys either retiring or delisted, and see how we go.

If we have a decent run with injury and don't look a flag threat next year though, I would look to part ways with Voss end of 2025.

A few things that stood out

We were beaten all night arielly, it was putrid

We didn't work hard enough to keep the ball inside, as such, Lions were already on the spread

We lack genuine leg speed, which we all know. Austin needs to fix this and quick

A fair number of conditional efforts from a handful of players. Ultimately, this rests with Voss. Get tough on these types, drop them if don't tow the line, otherwise it won't end well

Cripps does and had 19 pressure acts across the game. 1 by Kennedy showed he was well off
Back to the same problem we have had before. We play Pitto Cripps Cerra Hewett and Kennedy all around the ball and wonder why we get beaten on the spread. We play small forwards who can’t run and wonder why they get run off.

It is the very definition of “don’t get beaten by what you know” that King speaks of.

So tell us what to make of the TDK sub decision and please accept that the coach had a role in that
That was a dreadful call. Then at least they made the call to rectify it earlier, but took off bloody Kennedy instead of one of Durdin/Motlop or Fantasia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Elimination Final Blues blown away in first half. Never looked likely.

Back