Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glass half full?

GWS - loss by 12
Dogs - loss by 14
Port - loss by 14
Pies loss by 3
Stk loss by 2.

Hardly blown off the park and yes, we didn't play well....
Yeah we’ve been competitive and that’s to be expected with the talent we have…few of these needed to be wins …rabble loss was sort of our fault 🤦

It's the complete lack of confidence in Martin (to get through the game) and Cerra (to play to an acceptable standard if he is even able to get though the game). Cerra hasn't been in form since early May.
And I’d be happy with the lineup if both don’t play. Bringing in Charlie, Harry, Gov, Williams and TDK is enough to put out a damn good side that gives us a reasonable shot at an upset. As for Doc, he has shown he can return to top form post an ACL - if the MC deem him fit to play and find a spot, then play him.

If motlop is selected while others are fit, we're conceding the game. He's too out of form and doesn't have the runs on the board suggest he will lift.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
agree but...

owies is out.....and durdin has a suspect shoulder...

looks like williams is a likely in.

who else can we play in that role instead of motlop?

Well I must be the only neutral that thinks you’re a serious shot at winning this.

Brisbane’s form has dropped off from the dizzying heights earlier in the year. And we know when a team goes off the boil it takes them a few weeks to get back.

If anyone benefits from the bye it is you guys after being cruelled by injury through the year. TDK back could make a huge difference to your structure and if your mids can bang it forward the twin towers will wreak havoc. In addition, I think You match up on them pretty well.

So I’m calling a Blues win.

JHWF believes.

I like fast players

wouldn't bother risking martin when you've got moir and kemp running around. assuming young stays in the team.

doc will have the tenacity you need in finals and would be someone likely to push walsh to a wing which a few people would be happy about. other than that, he's not someone you want delivering into or out of a 50. or he'd be a good defensive wing but still able to accumulate well.

motlop might have the benefit of being the last short man standing. whereas we maybe had too many against the saints, he may get more of a look with owies and maybe durdin out. owies had been getting a touch more of the ball just lately, and durdin had a couple of his best games for the club so has some work to do to fill that gap.

Sure, but 1) that's unlikely to be made public; and 2) it's not 'done' till the paperwork is in and signed off.
yeah agree

its never certain until paperwork are signed but I assume in most cases deals are near done with handshakes :)think:) in back room meetings and they wait for the appropriate time to make it legit and public

The flip side to that argument is if he breaks down then we lose any flexibility to make a tactical sub not to mention if it happens early then we play on egg shells for the rest of the game hoping nobody else gets injured which will impact our player rotations.

It’s a hard no for me for Martin playing in any capacity on the weekend. Ditto for Cerra. Neither can be trusted to know if their bodies are right IMO. I wouldn’t be shocked if both have played their last games for the club. We can’t carry these blokes anymore.
Cerra can start his preseason now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m also hoping hipwood continue his lack of form

And even though Daniher kicked 4 last week he’s very prone to making brain fade moves in clutch moments
Sick of it. Stop bagging Daniher. Do you not remember the clutch moments he stepped up? How about last years grand final where he kicked 3, including one in the last 90 seconds where he marked in front of goal, played on and snapped truly? Brought us back to within a goal.

Sick of it. Stop bagging Daniher. Do you not remember the clutch moments he stepped up? How about last years grand final where he kicked 3, including one in the last 90 seconds where he marked in front of goal, played on and snapped truly?
dont take it personally...he does a lot of things well but he does do some head scratching plays ..sometimes very comical

Same could be said for Harry McKay. Only difference is McKay hasn’t won a final off his own boot. Daniher has.CLUTCH. Not to mention Curnow is yet to step up in a finals moment.
Agreed... all players are prone to making mistakes..they're human

we are playing against your mob so im hoping he has a few of those moments ;)

agree but...

Not sure AC but if Motlop’s out of form and not performing, he could be a liability and allow Lions to run the ball out of their defence.

Maybe Voss will want to play more disciplined players with defensive skills to lock the ball in our forward line - like Cinc on Zorko, Kemp, and as you say Williams.

agree but...

It is a conundrum. He's defensively out of position too often, and it results in goals against. I don't know what's going on there. He was better last year.

Not only is he not contributing offensively, but he's detrimental defensively.

Personally I wouldn’t play Pitto if TDK is right. The data when they play together is awful. We look our best when TDK rucks and H provides a chop out.

Also now we have Kemp forward we don’t look too small if H rucks. We should also have Young available to chop out in the ruck too.

That all said my guess is Voss will pick Tdk and Pitto because they are unsure if Tom can get through enough of the game due to fitness and we will be run off our feet in transition.

TDK is crucial for us. McInerney gave Pitto a bath in the finals last year. Pittonet can't jump and he just reached over him and controlled the hitouts too well. TDK has the ability to jump into him and disrupt his control and was able to break even with him in the opening round of the year.

I'm Hoping DeKoning gets up. He improved a lot this season. Became a real clearance weapon as well as a ruck.

I just think this will be one of the key battles of the day.

It is a conundrum. He's defensively out of position too often, and it results in goals against. I don't know what's going on there. He was better last year.

Not only is he not contributing offensively, but he's detrimental defensively.

He’s clearly not fit.
The injuries have ruined his fitness, and then he’s been rushed back due to a lack of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back