Preview 2024 Rd 12 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Thursday 30th May 7:30PM AEST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

Unchanged

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1566482/afl-team-news-blues-name-23-for-thursday-night-football

Backs:Adam SaadJacob WeiteringZac Williams
Half-backs:Brodie KempMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsElijah Hollands
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayMatthew Owies
Forwards:George HewettCharlie CurnowMatthew Kennedy
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshAlex Cincotta
Interchange:Lachie CowanJack CarrollBlake Acres
Jordan BoydOrazio Fantasia
Emergencies:Corey DurdinCaleb MarchbankLewis Young

Marshall, Dixon and Finlayson have the height to worry our defence
Maybe Ken is playing a little bit of ducks and drakes. Or waiting to see what the conditions will really be.
Only one of their emergencies is a smaller type. And he is yet to debut, Tom Anastasopoulos. He is a nineteen yo small forward, listed at 176 cm's. So this seems quite unlikely, yet "crazy Ken'. So who knows.

I’ve never understood the idea that going in tall is a disadvantage in the wet. The game tends to descend into lumping it forward in bad conditions and AFL players still take grabs in the wet. Plus it helps your small forwards if you’re getting first hands on it.

The wet also works to negate the running power of a team going in small.

Anyway, this has been my TED talk.

I’ve never understood the idea that going in tall is a disadvantage in the wet. The game tends to descend into lumping it forward in bad conditions and AFL players still take grabs in the wet. Plus it helps your small forwards if you’re getting first hands on it.

The wet also works to negate the running power of a team going in small.

Anyway, this has been my TED talk.

Same

The bigger the body the better in the wet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In these conditions, we need a backline sweeper, as plenty of high balls will get out the back and or slide through a contest

Forward, at least one small forward out the back of a contest, looking at you Zac Williams

If it's greasey, bang it long off the ground, get it forward and lock it in

Both sides want to apply forward half pressure/cause turnovers, who ever wins that battle will win the game

This is a big test tonight. Will show us where we really are in the pecking order.

Form against (current) top 8 sides this year:
Giants ✅
Cats ❌
Collingwood ❌
Melbourne ✅
Sydney ❌❌
Port Adelaide ❔

If we go 2-4 against top 8 sides after tonight's match, it probably (unfortunately) tells us where we're at.
Two of those games interstate and we have been ravaged by injury throughout. I’d say at minimum we would’ve had an extra win in this run if we were healthy

Two of those games interstate and we have been ravaged by injury throughout. I’d say at minimum we would’ve had an extra win in this run if we were healthy
noting we really should have won both the Cats and Pies' games...

And we were severely undermanned in both.

Listen to the bleating out of the Pies camp presently re injuries... FMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back