Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you didn't answer the question.

let's see what the MC determines, reckon they have better insights on a player's fitness than us.
You would hope this was the case, but the fact that they’ve been playing injured players for weeks, and rushing them back before they are right to go, instead of playing the new guys, is how we got into this mess to begin with.

I think Doc offers more from the outset. He's a thinking footballer, who can assess situations and cover for others. I think you have him sub because he is coming off an ACL and you don't trust him. I want his leadership.
And as has been said by Bucks, the emotional impact in 3rd or 4th Q would be huge.

That’s a good point. (if we do have that luxury in the end ..)
To me it just makes sense.
Charlie And Hazza back
Zakky in ( always a worry as another fragile player but I love him up forward.)
Guv in. And Doc sub.
Too bad re Owies but even more no Fog.
Agree with everyone re Jesse. Maybe give him a specific role. Potentially a better inclusion than Durds. Whether less risky, who can say this year! Or neither?
Who stays from our fab rookies?

I think Doc offers more from the outset. He's a thinking footballer, who can assess situations and cover for others. I think you have him sub because he is coming off an ACL and you don't trust him. I want his leadership.
Yep. I want him back to help organise the defence. He'll be invaluable in defending D50 stoppages.

As solid as Binns has been, give me Doc on his wing.

If Tom plays do they play two rucks or one?

Well we would be way too tall if they did. It would mean they would have Tom Charlie Harry and Kemp as forwards. May as well not show up.

They’re not dropping Kemp. 4 goals one week then worked so hard defensively as a forward against saints that their key interceptors did not mark the ball.

And he just isn’t going to be able to resist Tom if he was able to play match sim.

So change one seems highly likely:
1. in TDK out Pitto

2+3 are obvious: In Harry and Charlie (they will play him) Out Owies and Carroll (played forward vs Saints)

I think they will want Cinc forward to tag Zorko and try and snag a goal or two. Which leaves Ollie full time back and no wing cover. That will be Doc in the Cotts role. High half forward wing cover on 65 percent game time.

So change 4 Doc in for Mots who lost his spot to Cinc.

5. Williams for Durdin seems simple. It’s him or Fantasia and I think Durdin’s shoulders will worry them.

6. Moir out for MCG but Kennedy to go to sub.

Hard to see much different to that playing out now.

Kennedy Doc Lord Fantasia all sub options I guess.

IMO Brisbane is the best match up for us. They aren’t playing great and chip the ball around. They lack speed in the middle. Their forwards are inconsistent at best

Keys for me

How we use it inside 50
How we support Cripps who will be tagged. If Dunkley goes to Cripps we need to send someone to Dunkley

If we play the way we have the last 2 weeks we can definitely win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brodie Kemp might play the most important role in the match.

If he can engage Andrews like Mihocek did and not give him the intercepts,Charlie and Harry might get some better looks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Gotta be honest.
No confidence in Kempy as more than a solid helper. Was great against virtually no oppo and then not so much when there was oppo. As far as being a goal kicking forward thst is. As a defensive forward maybe good?
Game saver? My giddy aunt! Prove me wrong Kempy!

IMO Brisbane is the best match up for us. They aren’t playing great and chip the ball around. They lack speed in the middle. Their forwards are inconsistent at best

Keys for me

How we use it inside 50
How we support Cripps who will be tagged. If Dunkley goes to Cripps we need to send someone to Dunkley

If we play the way we have the last 2 weeks we can definitely win
100% Dunkley will tag Cripps. Need to learn from those mistakes. Get one of the kids on Dunkley.

100% Dunkley will tag Cripps. Need to learn from those mistakes. Get one of the kids on Dunkley.

Dunkley will go to Cripps, but you don't send another to tag him

Block, impede him, but Cripps and MC, need to find a way to limit him

I'd get Cripps to push forward after and stoppage

Of the 4 spoken about as likely returns, Charlie sounds as if he’s the most hindered but the gauntlet will be run with him. Also feel with the narrative and particular Vossy’s comments last night on 360 that Doc will be named - whether starting or sub.

Doesn’t sound like TDK will return and from the training reports I’m not sure if he could get back next week if he win, or if he does then Pitto might have to play a support role. Anyway no point thinking that far ahead.

The small forward option for Carlton will be interesting. Form and injury considerations lead me to having Durdin / Motlop / Fantasia as the 22nd player, meaning if they can put in a solid game then that’ll go a long way towards a successful result

Of the 4 spoken about as likely returns, Charlie sounds as if he’s the most hindered but the gauntlet will be run with him.

I was told 2 weeks ago that injury Charlie has needs a good 6-8 weeks of rest. He’s very sore

I can only assume that he will play hindered and possibly with a jab

I’m uncomfortable with this. He will play but Charlie since being injured has been a shadow of his best

Personally, I’d rather go Kemp McKay Kennedy up forward with Cripps rotating through. Moir as sub

Dunkley will go to Cripps, but you don't send another to tag him

Block, impede him, but Cripps and MC, need to find a way to limit him

I'd get Cripps to push forward after and stoppage
I was thinking it without saying it lol

He certainly needs to get involved in the play and apply pressure for sure. Might also keep a close watch on his clearances..

I was told 2 weeks ago that injury Charlie has needs a good 6-8 weeks of rest. He’s very sore

I’m uncomfortable with this. He will play but Charlie since being injured has been a shadow of his best

Personally, I’d rather go Kemp McKay Kennedy up forward with Cripps rotating through. Moir as sub
There’s definitely an air of desperation with playing him. Maybe if TDK was fit they would’ve been more comfortable to rest him. Either way, if we pull off a win then Charlie will still be hindered next week so they’re just carrying another injured key player

sounds like a plan..

from memory, we let Dunkley loose in the 2nd or 3rd in round 1 right? need to avoid that from happening again.

We need to trust the fitness / coaches and players to make the right calls on this.
Need to remember most injured players, except for Cerra and Doc, haven't missed much football.

True but whatever we do it's a risk. BUT what choice do we have?

For me, it's not about being fit to enough to run out a game, it's about being fit/healthy enough to play near their best football

Having 5-6 players (no matter how good) playing at 80% is a massive risk especially in a final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back