Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asking in a respectful manner.

What does this mean?

I would have thought welcoming new posters or at a least letting them have their say would be what this site is all about.

Unless I’m missing something feel like you are insinuating something with your replies to this member.

Not insinuating anything at all.

My response was directed at the bolded part of the post I responded to.

Seems you may have missed bye week and all the goings on around these parts.

If Cerra breaks down, please highlight this post. The bed wetters have watched our S & C OK Cerra 3 times for him to re-tear his hamstring on each occassion. If you believe the definition of stupidity is to repeat the same mistake, then the people you call bed wetters may infact be the clear thinkers who know how to find a bathroom

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t really played great footy for 2 months now; here’s hoping it ‘clicks’ tomorrow.

TDK the most exciting of the returning players; if he’s remotely in the form he was earlier it transforms our entire midfield.

Worried about Durdin; needs to play ferocious footy to be effective and that shoulder limits him.

Reckon Walsh will go well tomorrow; he was brutally punished (somewhat unjustly) by the new ‘interpretation’ of HTB and the umps tend to be a bit more lenient with the whistle in finals; the extra half second to dispose of the ball should benefit a first-in player like Sam.
He’s been building nicely the past month, hopefully Cerra is actually fit enough to support he and Cripps for some decent midfield minutes.

Cincotta dropped.

FMD.

Our best football this year was played with him in the side.
Has been way off his best in tue last 2 months so
Match committee have shit themselves
Cerra, TDK, Doch all really underdone .. I would have played Lord and Moir in this game, Binns stiff as well.

No balls to inject some youth into the side in such a big game. Hoping 3 guys that haven’t played for ages can come in and impact in a final is wishful thinking.
Moir can barely run out a half. Lord is ok but cerra is elite..well closer to elite then 2 gamer lord.

Last edited by a moderator:
How else are we going to fit superstar Cerra in?

Doc, as much as we love the guy, he's literally played 1 quarter in 350 days...

Like I said earlier, mc have taken a lot of gambles at selection for this one...

All we can do is hope it pays off...

As long as it doesn't **** us up for next year (i.e. long term injuries) nothing ventured nothing gained.

As long as it doesn't **** us up for next year (i.e. long term injuries) nothing ventured nothing gained.

I'm not worried about that.

My concern is the messaging it sends...

Preach about squad mentality, perform your role etc all you want... but when you drop players who are doing their part in the hope that the returning 'superstars' will superstar whilst playing in positions that they shouldn't be in is a more worrying sign...

I'll throw a brick at the telly if I see Cerra at hb and/or Kennedy as sub...

Gee whiz there are some bedwetters on this site. While it might seem odd to us from afar to pick the likes of Docherty and Cerra I would think the professionals inside the tent might have a little more knowledge than we do. The fact they left out Curnow indicates they aren’t exactly going all in.

Also the pile on on Motlop (a third year 20 year old with one full preseason under his belt) is hilarious. Reminds of last year when I went to the St Kilda game and a bloke behind me was calling out “where the **** are you Motlop” as the ball was rebounded out of our forward 50 - I pointed out Motlop was standing 10m in front of him - on the bench.

This young kid does a pile of work without the ball and is averaging a goal and 2 tackles a game as a small forward - he isn’t our problem

Heads up advice. Don't generalise about a hole group of supporters who have a different opinion to you as 'bedwetters'. It does not further discussion and just antagonises, and we aren't into that here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back