Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We flicked a switch after the Sydney game. Why can't we do it in 2 weeks time with fresh players returning?
Anything can happen now that we will play finals, it's a whole new season. Whatever has transpired up to now means not much at all. We get to reset and go again.

If McGovern is playing then I'd leave Kemp up forward - Weitering, Young and McGovern are a solid back three, and would be great to see what Kemp is capable of against the third best defender rather than their best.
Like this a lot. Kemp has shown a real willingness to chase and apply prsssure as a forward. Tried his guts out as a one man band to bring ball to ground.

Against their bigs must have Young. Just must. He has been good the last two weeks.

Can we be the first team to win it from almost 9th

We won a final from 9th in 2013.

Was there...

2013 EF - Paid through the roof for tix but had Grandad's 90th party. By sheer luck :cool: I chose a restaurant in Richmond for party venue.... Left as soon as it wasn't overly insulting and rushed off to the 'G. Got to my seat just after Riewoldt goaled from the 50m penalty. I keep on hearing about an amazing comeback sponsored by Subway, but I saw something like 13 goals to 5 that game.

Grandpa is now almost 101yo and still kicking...

think they will...its good that the pressure is now not on us...might help a tad

lions at the gabba is difficult but not impossible if you bring 200 pressure
Our number one pressure player tonight was Cooper Lord. I think he changes the complexion of the on ball group.

Would rather him than Kennedy at this stage and I love Kennedy. But you have to be able to shut down the exits against this mob.

Love the optimism but our only 2 wins in the last 2 months are v North and WCE. You don’t just roll into finals at the Gabba and flick a switch. Unfortunately, I think it ends ugly in a fortnight, irrespective of the ins.

We’ve been completely battered.. most of the players returning will be better for the break imo - esp Charlie, H and TDK. Could make a world of difference if their bodies are right.

The week off will be more beneficial for us than other team in the finals imo. Cripps and Walsh can recharge too.

We can do damage. (Lions aren’t looking all that impressive at the moment either).

I agree with most of this - but the bolded - Lions have won 10 of 12 since the bye, even if they've lost 2 of the last 3 (to GWS and Collingwood). They are in far better nick than we are

I do think they're vulnerable though. They've been wasteful in front of goal and prone to giving away runs of goals all year - I think if we don't go back to blindly bombing long (to Andrews) with the return of H and Charlie we can give this a real shake

They have but they haven’t looked super impressive. Even against the Bombers last night. We should believe that we can beat them (provided we get a bunch back).

I'd bring Harry, Charlie, Gov and Williams back. Forget anyone else, it's not worth taking the risk with any of them. Williams is in that category but we can afford to roll the dice on one player.

Play Kemp forward.

No to Doc appearing again this year as far as I'm concerned, it smacks of desperation.

The funny thing is we didn't fall into the 8, we were in the 8 for most of the season. We almost fell out of the 8 despite that, which is the more accurate summation of the season.

We earned our place in the 8 by winning enough games, now we get to see what we can do from here.

They have but they haven’t looked super impressive. Even against the Bombers last night. We should believe that we can beat them (provided we get a bunch back).

I believe!

Believe Season 2 GIF by American Gods

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not 4 quarters but you'd think he could at least do a half. One of the most obviously talented Rolls Royce kinda players I've seen in a while who's only played 2 quarters at senior level.

Ability is undeniable. Hopefully his experience thus far spurs him on.
The sub position really suits Moir, at this stage. Would love to see him as sub again vs Brissy.

Ins: Curnow, McGovern, McKay, Williams, De Koning, Martin, Boyd

Discuss
Curnow, McGovern and McKay are definite ins. Bye help Williams. De Koning will be interesting. We will likely play one ruck. Risk TDK or use the one that's fit, especially against the Big O. Don't want to play anyone who has missed huge chunks of the season.

Mcgovern, Weitering, Cowan
Saad, Young, Newman
O. Hollands, Cripps, Acres
Owies, McKay, E. Hollands
Kemp, Curnow, Motlop
Pittonet, Walsh, Hewett

Binns, Lord, Cincotta, Kennedy
Moir

Ins: McGovern, Curnow, McKay

Outs: Fantasia, Durdin, Carroll

If Williams is to come in it’s at the expense of one of Binns or Lord and I don’t think either deserve to leave the side based on the last two weeks. Potentially one of Owies or Motlop could be in danger? Moir has been great as the sub as well, impacting games and happy for him to continue this role.

IF we made it week two of finals I’d be absolutely picking TDK over Pittonet.

Probably not 4 quarters but you'd think he could at least do a half. One of the most obviously talented Rolls Royce kinda players I've seen in a while who's only played 2 quarters at senior level.

Ability is undeniable. Hopefully his experience thus far spurs him on.
He’s got something intangible - dripping with class & talent already.

Imaging him in a couple of year + tank & strength - very exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back