Opinion 2024 Fantasy - Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

See i think Bont comes out and goes 120+ early on this season. His first 9 rounds like 6-7 of them are very good matchups for him.

I think i want Chapman over Williams right now but just trying to figure out who to cut and it probably does head towards Bont right now.
The Melb games have been a staple first up and he usually just scrapes a ton, not a bad score, but the Suns at Mars is no gimme and can be conditions dependent. Last time was a 116 in beautiful sunny conditions. The Weagles game Rnd 3 probs is, 140 last time at Marvel. The run continues with Geelong, Essendon and StK.

I like Bont too, am just hoping I can afford him at the main byes when he'll be ticking along.

Laird or Rozee for higher avg this year? I think its Laird but not by much.
If you think they're close then I'd use a couple of other parameters to separate them, from what I see Port have a good run of home games in the 1st half of the season so maybe a scale of hardness comes into consideration, the other is the mid season byes, which player suits your structure for those byes better?

Scenario - pick 2 in a 12 team keeper league (13 keepers per team)

Reid is all but locked in at 1. Question is McKercher or Sanders at 2? or another option?

Leaning towards Sanders as he looks ready made and given the age of the dogs midfield will likely get more opportunity early.

Reid is all but locked in at 1. Question is McKercher or Sanders at 2? or another option?

Leaning towards Sanders as he looks ready made and given the age of the dogs midfield will likely get more opportunity early.

Zero Hangar draft comparisons say Zach Merrett / Chad Warner (McKercher) v Clayton Oliver / Rory Sloane (Sanders). You can't go wrong with either really.

If Reid doesn't go at pick 1 I would still go one of these two before him. Reid might wind up as the better footballer but these two should be better fantasy players. As someone described elsewhere on this site recently, Reid is an impact player whereas the others should accumulate more.

Long term they should be both be great. But early it is harder for inside types like Sanders as they rely more on contested footy and don't have the bodies to compete with big mids yet. McKercher is a running machine and will get heaps of uncontested footy. He will start on the back flank like Sheezel did last year and rack up big numbers.

Thanks for the advice. My gut feel as always been Mckercher i was just worried about North as they have a lot of young mid depth.

Laird or Rozee for higher avg this year? I think its Laird but not by much.

The main upside i can see for Rozee is that he's only still averaging around 25/26 disposals.

Compared to guys like Laird, Daicos, Green etc who average 30+ disposals. Lots of room for improvement

Then again, Rozee might never be a 30 disposal kind of guy. The jury is still out

If your league is pretty open with trading then I’d go Mckercher and then when he inevitably has a better year than Sanders playing the seagull role down back and getting DPP, trade him for Sanders + lots of chippies

What seems better?

Nick Martin (POD) + Coffield or
Stewart/NWM + extra rookie on field in mid (sharp)
First option has only 2 mid rookies
Option 2 yeah? I am intrigued at the possibility of Martin playing off half back though.

What seems better?

2 for me if Sharp is best 22. You're hoping Martin gets a juicy half back role and can do what Stewart does and I think if Sharp is best 22 he outscored Coffield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What seems better?

Who do you have at D5-8 if you're not starting Coffield? Surely you can fit all of Stewart/NWM, Sharp and Coffield in?

It's pretty slim pickings for DEF rookies by the looks..

Who do you have at D5-8 if you're not starting Coffield? Surely you can fit all of Stewart/NWM, Sharp and Coffield in?

It's pretty slim pickings for DEF rookies by the looks..
Yeo/Hinge, Williams and coffield
Curtin on the bench
Too much money spent having Daicos, Stewart, young and coffield I feel

Last edited:
Yeo/Hinge, Williams and coffield
Curtin on the bench
Too much money spent having Daicos, Stewart, young and coffield I feel
Ahhh I see. I assumed Stewart was your D1 (he's currently mine).

Surely there can't be too many better $284k players (who have a role AND a track record of scoring when playing) than Sharp? Think I'd prefer to go without Curtin than without Sharp.

Ahhh I see. I assumed Stewart was your D1 (he's currently mine).

Surely there can't be too many better $284k players (who have a role AND a track record of scoring when playing) than Sharp? Think I'd prefer to go without Curtin than without Sharp.
Sharp was sitting on my bench originally. I’m starting with Daicos purely because of the VC factor for the first few rounds!
It was more so starting sharp or having him on the bench :)
If there is better rookies available I’ll probably fade curtin although I expect him to play most games this season so I’ll wait on that!

Sharp was sitting on my bench originally. I’m starting with Daicos purely because of the VC factor for the first few rounds!
It was more so starting sharp or having him on the bench :)
If there is better rookies available I’ll probably fade curtin although I expect him to play most games this season so I’ll wait on that!
Makes total sense :thumbsu:

SuperCoach player here who is new to Fantasy. Took part in a draft this week.

Looking at proposed trades.

Am I better off with JHF and Connor Macdonald or De Goey and Zac Bailey? All players would be on field.

Cheers.

Serong or Laird?
I’m swaying towards Serong purely due to him having the better bye
IMO Laird but it’s very close either way

SuperCoach player here who is new to Fantasy. Took part in a draft this week.

Looking at proposed trades.

Am I better off with JHF and Connor Macdonald or De Goey and Zac Bailey? All players would be on field.

Cheers.
Keeper or non keeper? I think Zac Bailey is a known quantity. Better footballer in real life than fantasy sadly. I’d take the first option purely for the upside potential. Option 1 also wins in a heartbeat if it’s a keeper league. JDG perenially misses games too

IMO Laird but it’s very close either way

Keeper or non keeper? I think Zac Bailey is a known quantity. Better footballer in real life than fantasy sadly. I’d take the first option purely for the upside potential. Option 1 also wins in a heartbeat if it’s a keeper league. JDG perenially misses games too
Thanks for that. Non keeper league.

Serong or Laird?
I’m swaying towards Serong purely due to him having the better bye
Definitely Laird ....although I've opted for Dawson over Laird ....so what do I know

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2024 Fantasy - Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Back