Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 12 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a weatherman. Can u guys simplify for us how bad 20-30mm will be.
70 to 90mm can cause flooding.
About a third of a flood.
Perth tends to rain relatively hard, not persistent drizzle.
It could all be timing - keep a watch.
Wouldnā€™t trade out on this basis but might effect C/VC or trades in.
Iā€™m concerned for Wilson. Garcia would be a good if named.

Would it be as bad as that sydney game when roberts scored a 50. I think against the giants. Man if that the case then not gonna be good for our st kilda players. Even wilson relies heavily on +6.

Might be good for rucks (Marshall) if there's a lot of stoppages, but he won't get his mark/kicks around the ground.

my team is very generic but I've got no idea how people aren't pushed for numbers this week. Powell, Whitfield, Tom Green, Sweet, Jhye Clark, sheezel, Xerri, Heeney, Harry Barnett, Ethan Phillips, Jake Rogers (i'm assuming he won't play), Harvey Thomas and Toby Pink. So that's 13 players out, leaving 17 players before trades.

Starting to think this with the weather conditions for the Saints:

Hill > Gulden (going a week early here but would rather get a week ahead on trades)
Bonner > Ryan
Powell > Harrison

Essentially takes two mid-pricers out for two premiums with a downgrade to do it. 600k in the bank still which means I can grab someone like Fisher next week to cover for that Powell downgrade. Just not sure any other rookies are screaming out to grab so fixing up red dots doesn't feel urgent. Maybe McAntee is one I could grab and hold off on Hill to Gulden, but not confident Hill or Bonner score particularly well against WCE in the wet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my team is very generic but I've got no idea how people aren't pushed for numbers this week. Powell, Whitfield, Tom Green, Sweet, Jhye Clark, sheezel, Xerri, Heeney, Harry Barnett, Ethan Phillips, Jake Rogers (i'm assuming he won't play), Harvey Thomas and Toby Pink. So that's 13 players out, leaving 17 players before trades.

Who on earth has all 13 of those players?

I have 22 after trades, although will loop one as I can't cover Xerri.

Don't have Whitfield, Sweet, Clark, Phillips, Rogers, Thomas or Pink.

I only have 6 of those 13 but was at 19 playing pre-trades, 21 after trades

Starting to think this with the weather conditions for the Saints:

Hill > Gulden (going a week early here but would rather get a week ahead on trades)
Bonner > Ryan
Powell > Harrison

Essentially takes two mid-pricers out for two premiums with a downgrade to do it. 600k in the bank still which means I can grab someone like Fisher next week to cover for that Powell downgrade. Just not sure any other rookies are screaming out to grab so fixing up red dots doesn't feel urgent. Maybe McAntee is one I could grab and hold off on Hill to Gulden, but not confident Hill or Bonner score particularly well against WCE in the wet.

I have 21 playing after these trades (excluding injured or red dot rookies) which is what makes me think this is worth the play even though it reduces my 'premiums' playing this week by 1 (though counting Hill and Bonner as premiums is a bit of a stretch).

This development is slightly Fantasy relevant, this change will be horribly enforced as all rule changes are, but this will favour the tackle crazy players, which means we may consider options we usually wouldn't.

Rowbum and Rowell become legit options in particular.

Last edited:
Thinking it through a bit more I think I'll get Heeney and Ryan this week for Hill and Powell, and then depending on if Garcia is named go him to Harrison. Doesn't help my Round 15 (17 currently playing when excluding red dots) but does give me (hopefully) a heartbeat for the next three weeks at least which helps Round 14 (also 17 excl. red dots). Heeney and Ryan in for Hill and Powell should in theory boost scoring this week (essentially Ryan up from Hill), while Garcia to Harrison if that's the move means I'll have about $150k in the bank to help with a two down one up next week.

He's well loved by the boys, wouldn't Reid anything into anything from that horror show on the weekend. I think Virgin left our decision making at Perf Airport.
He got faded a bit I thought - you could see his frustration.

Not trading Powell. I still think he's a top 6 forward who just got tired out playing pure mid for the first 8 weeks and needed a rest in games (only reason I can think of as to why Clarko moved him out of the mid rotation). I bet he goes back to his 90+ average after his bye.
Frightening how similar we act - probably more frightening for you than me :tearsofjoy:

Got subbed out last weekend, and in such a close game. Pass, although the cash gen might still be there, I'd rather a $200k rookie.
Only best 18 scores will count, so focus can be placed elsewhere even if it means a ruck donut.

It's an interesting one - waiting for teams to be named on Thurs - Blicavs is out, so Stanley in is likely, but his fitness is an issue, so whether Conway stays and they use Stanley as a back up, or whether they drop Conway for Stanley and use Shannon Neale as a back up remains to be seen.

Boomer93 wait until Thursday teams (Sat game) and watch the bench/emg names too. Conway is a BE of low 20's, if he is second fiddle to Stanley, he might not exceed his BE by much IMO.

Yeah ive got 6 of those and Fisher. Will have 20 this week (21 if Garcia plays). This week is probably the weakest for most
people.

But i have 16 from my best 22, so 2 from the bottom 4 scores will be from Sullivan, McAuliffe, Campbell and Freijah.

Yeah ive got 6 of those and Fisher. Will have 20 this week (21 if Garcia plays). This week is probably the weakest for most people.
Iā€™ve got 21 playing this week and likely 20 playing next week.

The back end of the byes will be challenging for me as Iā€™m stacked for R14/15. So next week will be key in moving some of those players on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back