Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too risky ? 😬
Done some further planning into round 5 and consistent scorers in Heeney, Grundy, Daicos, Roberts and Jordan on the bye ! Definetly not ideal planning initially and it felt bad enough this week having T Green on the pine. So, is this too risky?
Daicos > Bramble (Daics has Finn M and Finn is quite prepped for it after his VFL performance)
Billings > Flanders (Speaks for itself, 1 premo out 1 premo in)
How do we feel about Bramble ? Noticed Ed Richards is out with concussion and he did play Wet Toast.

Next week without injuries could likely be J Sharp (about to plateau? and has Port) to a basement rook and then Jordan to a premo mid or fwd :think:

Attachments

• 1711979696457.png
    1711979696457.png
    905.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 1711979736785.png
    1711979736785.png
    344.7 KB · Views: 53
Going for a rookie reshuffle in the hope Sanders does get fwd dpp and can switch him forward. Means I need a better midfield rookie to replace him on field.

Reid - Gallagher
Campbell - Sharp

Had Sharp all PS and was another one I ditched to upgrade Gawn to Marshall. That has worked a treat! Only cost me about 300 points already that decision.

He’s still got plenty of catch to make and looks to have strong JS.

Going for a rookie reshuffle in the hope Sanders does get fwd dpp and can switch him forward. Means I need a better midfield rookie to replace him on field.

Reid - Gallagher
Campbell - Sharp

Had Sharp all PS and was another one I ditched to upgrade Gawn to Marshall. That has worked a treat! Only cost me about 300 points already that decision.

He’s still got plenty of catch to make and looks to have strong JS.
Sanders getting FWD status would be ideal.

Can you swindle some cash with your rookie re-shuffle?

Screen Shot 2024-04-02 at 8.46.30 am.png

Any thoughts on what to do? Obviously potato Billings goes...

1. Billings to Thomas & Windhager can go to any defender up to $895k. Stewart/NWM/Clark/Yeo

2. Billings to Dempsey & Windhager to Yeo

3. Billings to Dempsey & bench rookie to Thomas for his quick cash gen. I'd have to wear a Howes/Hore score this week. Which of the 5 bench mids & fwds would you turf though as all making money at varying speeds...

4. Any other suggestions?

Jordon needs to go next week probably to Flanders. May need to turf Sexton to do so, which means I'll have 2 shit forward rooks for a bit if I don't go Dempsey. If Sanders gets fwd DPP him and Dempsey can hold F5/6 for a bit while I fix Windhager/Zilliams/Massimo/Bonner/Fisher types through and after these final byes...

View attachment 1946870

1. Billings to Thomas & Windhager can go to any defender up to $895k. Stewart/NWM/Clark/Yeo

3. Billings to Dempsey & bench rookie to Thomas for his quick cash gen. I'd have to wear a Howes/Hore score this week. Which of the 5 bench mids & fwds would you turf though as all making money at varying speeds...

Jordon needs to go next week probably to Flanders. May need to turf Sexton to do so, which means I'll have 2 s**t forward rooks for a bit if I don't go Dempsey. If Sanders gets fwd DPP him and Dempsey can hold F5/6 for a bit while I fix Windhager/Zilliams/Massimo/Bonner/Fisher types through and after these final byes...
Ghost Ship GIF by Sea of Thieves

View attachment 1946870

Jordon needs to go next week probably to Flanders. May need to turf Sexton to do so, which means I'll have 2 s**t forward rooks for a bit if I don't go Dempsey. If Sanders gets fwd DPP him and Dempsey can hold F5/6 for a bit while I fix Windhager/Zilliams/Massimo/Bonner/Fisher types through and after these final byes...
Billings to Someone - definitely
Sit on Windhager and see if Howes (E) score is loopable.
Then either Windy to Yeo or Another Spud (Williams) to a Jordan Clark/ J McGovern (depending on the size of your balls) if you can get there. Is my take. Or see my previous post :p.

Clark did enough to kick start some cash gen but i would not be surprised to see him rested after a draining game and a 5 day break
This won't cause issues unless he's sub lol.

Would be nice to have him back week after to loop with Sharp as Roberts replacement.

Billings to Someone - definitely
Sit on Windhager and see if Howes (E) score is loopable.
Then either Windy to Yeo or Another Spud (Williams) to a Jordan Clark/ J McGovern (depending on the size of your balls) if you can get there. Is my take. Or see my previous post :p.
The one I considered over Windy was Bramble. Would have been a great alternative, taken a ton, cash increase, low BE and still playing this week lol. Williams gets me nowhere other than Bramble and I think he may go ok against Freo (Mark Keane nearly tonned lol) so think its Windy and Billings out in that case.

I do worry Yeo's PPM aren't sustainable at all and the injury risk. Great if you've been on him already and ride it out as you've already got 2 tons from him but could break any minute.

Basically has been a semi easy decision trade wise

Ginbey to Thomas (and field Roberts, should have done that from the beginning but cest la vie) which leaves $297k for the second trade.

Which makes my second trade very interesting.

Do I go straight up to Libba to Green(Which leaves $110k for next week)

Or save a bit more and go for a Jelly, Anderson, Touk, Steele, Rowell type and it guarantees a Jordon to Flanders upgrade next week……

Jelly: leaves $247k
Anderson: leaves $234k
Touk: $264k
Rowell: leaves $270k

It’s a really hard call to make, Green is a must have but you need the cash to up your mid pricers, my bench rookies can wait until their byes to be downgraded too.

Basically has been a semi easy decision trade wise

Ginbey to Thomas (and field Roberts, should have done that from the beginning but cest la vie) which leaves $297k for the second trade.

Which makes my second trade very interesting.

Do I go straight up to Libba to Green(Which leaves $110k for next week)

Or save a bit more and go for a Jelly, Anderson, Touk, Steele, Rowell type and it guarantees a Jordon to Flanders upgrade next week……

Jelly: leaves $247k
Anderson: leaves $234k
Touk: $264k
Rowell: leaves $270k

It’s a really hard call to make, Green is a must have but you need the cash to up your mid pricers, my bench rookies can wait until their byes to be downgraded too.
The GC mids are all scoring nicely for their price, as is Steele. Green would be nice but if it prevents you getting Flanders next week then I'd go one of the others and lock in that F1 next week.

The GC mids are all scoring nicely for their price, as is Steele. Green would be nice but if it prevents you getting Flanders next week then I'd go one of the others and lock in that F1 next week.
Yeah that was my thinking, going with one of them basically guarantees a straight swap whereas if I got Green I would have to do a downgrade to get Jordon up to Flanders. So I’ll likely go the $900s guys.

It’s basically going POD for POD if I pick Jelly or Anderson to replace Libba

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one I considered over Windy was Bramble. Would have been a great alternative, taken a ton, cash increase, low BE and still playing this week lol. Williams gets me nowhere other than Bramble and I think he may go ok against Freo (Mark Keane nearly tonned lol) so think its Windy and Billings out in that case.

I do worry Yeo's PPM aren't sustainable at all and the injury risk. Great if you've been on him already and ride it out as you've already got 2 tons from him but could break any minute.
If Yeo doesn't break he's gonna be a top 6 def I reckon.

This won't cause issues unless he's sub lol.

Would be nice to have him back week after to loop with Sharp as Roberts replacement.
I think if we rest him it will be a full rest but Scott can be a bit of a dick with selections sometimes.

We have had a tendency to not run our youngers guys into the ground over the last 5 or so years though and rest them when required.

He would 100% be getting a rest if i was in charge of selections this week for multiple reasons young, barely played any footy in 18 months until this year and Geelong seem to have a rotating policy on ground seen with most mids getting 60%-70% and only really the older ones getting 75%-80% really.

A bit unsure what to do this week, at the moment I've gone

Sexton > Powell
Bontempelli > N. Martin

Not 100% sure I'll stick with it, but Bont is bleeding cash.
Did you pick Bont as a keeper/top tier premo? If so, I wouldn't worry about him losing cash. I'd only look to trade if he's injured and misses or his scoring falls off a cliff.

I think if we rest him it will be a full rest but Scott can be a bit of a dick with selections sometimes.

We have had a tendency to not run our youngers guys into the ground over the last 5 or so years though and rest them when required.

He would 100% be getting a rest if i was in charge of selections this week for multiple reasons young, barely played any footy in 18 months until this year and Geelong seem to have a rotating policy on ground seen with most mids getting 60%-70% and only really the older ones getting 75%-80% really.
A rest would be perfect. He's kick started cash gen, freshen him up and bring him back for the 2 bye rounds.

Did you pick Bont as a keeper/top tier premo? If so, I wouldn't worry about him losing cash. I'd only look to trade if he's injured and misses or his scoring falls off a cliff.
Yeah, I’m just not sure how else to upgrade Sexton/Jordan without trading a premo down, and Bont has been by far the worst performer out of my premos

The only other idea I’ve had is trading out both Sexton and Jordan to replace them with Powell and Thomas from GWS

It's funny you mention Keane because I've actually been looking at him. Very cheap D6 option to fill the void until the DPPs come in.

Weirdly he's taken the most kick ins for Adelaide in the past 2 weeks (since he came into the team) and with Milera out he might get even more. Adelaide love to share the ball in their back 50. I can see him averaging 70 odd for the next few weeks until the early byes are over.

Yeah, I’m just not sure how else to upgrade Sexton/Jordan without trading a premo down, and Bont has been by far the worst performer out of my premos

The only other idea I’ve had is trading out both Sexton and Jordan to replace them with Powell and Thomas from GWS
I reckon I'd be going with that option personally!

It's funny you mention Keane because I've actually been looking at him. Very cheap D6 option to fill the void until the DPPs come in.

Weirdly he's taken the most kick ins for Adelaide in the past 2 weeks (since he came into the team) and with Milera out he might get even more. Adelaide love to share the ball in their back 50. I can see him averaging 70 odd for the next few weeks until the early byes are over.
Isn't he under another head knock cloud? Or was that someone else?

yeah there was definitely a head knock concern, was mentioned on the news last night but haven't heard anything since

Maybe I don't know. But you'd only pick him if he's in the team this week. He plays on the first game on Thursday so you will definitely know if he's a late out before you need to do anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back