List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

One would think he has given the Dogs an indication he is nominating them, otherwise their trade with Gold Coast doesn’t make sense.
Yep you'd think so but Jordan's quite clear about not making a decision yet. Bit to play out there still.

In other news GC getting 10 and 17 opens up options for us I think. If Adelaide does a 10 for 19,22,25 (or something along those lines), we could aim for 17 or 19. Gives us better access to Archer Reid or Logan Morris possibly.

I think there's no doubt on Croft getting picked up by them but I reckon the Dogs will struggle to keep them all. Unless they can convince Naughton to go back again, there is no way they can get JUH, Croft, Darcy, English and Naughton all in the same team

I think there's no doubt on Croft getting picked up by them but I reckon the Dogs will struggle to keep them all. Unless they can convince Naughton to go back again, there is no way they can get JUH, Croft, Darcy, English and Naughton all in the same team
Lot of talk that English will be gone next year.

North Melbourne - 15
GWS - 16
Gold Coast - 18

We could get a future first swap for any of these possibly.

GWS might be a good option, if they can't bundle picks and move up - they'll usually love hoarding future first picks.

North Melbourne - 15
GWS - 16
Gold Coast - 18

GWS might be a good option, if they can't bundle picks and move up - they'll usually love hoarding future first picks.
Won't we want to use our future first to trade down for points next year for Ashcroft the younger?

North Melbourne - 15
GWS - 16
Gold Coast - 18

Unlikely to trade in to this years draft. We'll be traying to trade out into next year's draft.

Unlikely to trade in to this years draft. We'll be traying to trade out into next year's draft.
I’m struggling to see any club that might be interested in our current picks 50, 60 & 66.

There might be teams interested in our current pick 29, but I have no idea who. Maybe Port after they have traded out their current picks for BZT, Ratogalea, etc.

ModernArtillery has a profile of Jack Delean up. He's a small forward who was considered a first rounder earlier in the season but may fall to our first pick now. Charlie and Linc are almost 30, we'll need players ready to take over from them when they want to hang up the boots, and Lohmann is the only decent small forward prospect on our list at the moment.

MA also wrote the following description of Delean a few months ago:

His aerial work is exceptional for a player his size and he's strong on the lead, but it's his finishing in front of goal that really stands out to me. His ability to convert goals with a high degree of difficulty is as good as anyone in this draft not named Nick Watson. Yes, he's a relatively low possession player, but I reckon he's got match-winner written all over him. If I needed a small forward, I wouldn't hesitate to use a pick in the second half of the first round on him.

ModernArtillery has a profile of Jack Delean up. He's a small forward who was considered a first rounder earlier in the season but may fall to our first pick now. Charlie and Linc are almost 30, we'll need players ready to take over from them when they want to hang up the boots, and Lohmann is the only decent small forward prospect on our list at the moment.

MA also wrote the following description of Delean a few months ago:
Lot of good small forwards and half forwards in this draft.

Just not sure on how many picks we’ll want to take to the draft.

Might look to move an un-contracted player to the rookie list, if we are to take 3 picks to the draft.

That. Would. Be. Right.

😡

Yep ensure the Suns are looked after and then change things to make it harder for us to get our boys. Sounds about right with the VFL picking and choosing it’s timing. Surely decisions like this can only be implemented at least 2-3 years after they’re announced so clubs can plan accordingly. But with the bias corruption of the VFL it’s hardly surprising.

Yep ensure the Suns are looked after and then change things to make it harder for us to get our boys. Sounds about right with the VFL picking and choosing it’s timing. Surely decisions like this can only be implemented at least 2-3 years after they’re announced so clubs can plan accordingly. But with the bias corruption of the VFL it’s hardly surprising.
To be fair any changes to father-son rules will also affect Carlton with regards to the Camporeale twins.

The academy rules on the other hand...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair any changes to father-son rules will also affect Carlton with regards to the Camporeale twins.

The academy rules on the other hand...
Not just Carlton next year.

Adelaide has a gun KPF father son, Tyler Welsh.

Port has two father sons, a Burgoyne (also fs to Hawks) and Montgomery.

Hawks have a Crawford father son as well.

That. Would. Be. Right.

😡

Ah, the AFL. As usual, they'll poorly implement an equalisation measure, and only when the shit hits the fan and a club gains massively at the expense of everyone else will they take any action. Just like the NGA rules changing after Jamarra Ugle-Hagan got drafted.

Unfortunately, I have to watch the Dockers live almost every second week and I believe that Andrew Brayshaw is one of the most wildly overrated players in the league. If my life depended on delivery of the ball inside F50 (whether pressured or not), I’d prefer Sam Frost of the Hawks over Brayshaw. He talks well, comes from a nice family and is well-liked, I’d take Cam Rayner over Brayshaw every single day.

I just hope we don’t waste picks on players that can’t run and have poor game sense (ie ball watchers). I still think we lack for elite defensive pressure and more importantly elite tacklers. Broken tackles kill us.

And whilst we get a lot of forward half turnovers it’s more based on good structure behind the ball when the game is slow and stop start. We are one paced through the mids.
As soon as there is pace in the game we struggle. Opposition mid groups tend to be able to get up and down the ground a bit better. I think we still try to bash teams in submission. Which works well because we are good at clearance and contest but would like to add that extra bit of running power and defensive pressure in our game.

I just hope we don’t waste picks on players that can’t run and have poor game sense (ie ball watchers). I still think we lack for elite defensive pressure and more importantly elite tacklers. Broken tackles kill us.

And whilst we get a lot of forward half turnovers it’s more based on good structure behind the ball when the game is slow and stop start. We are one paced through the mids.
As soon as there is pace in the game we struggle. Opposition mid groups tend to be able to get up and down the ground a bit better. I think we still try to bash teams in submission. Which works well because we are good at clearance and contest but would like to add that extra bit of running power and defensive pressure in our game.
I’ll be somewhat surprised if we look to bolster the midfield via the draft considering where our picks currently sit, and the genuine shallowness of the midfield crop in this year’s draft.

Outside the top 15 in this draft, it is genuinely hard to find afl quality mids with pace.

I’ll be somewhat surprised if we look to bolster the midfield via the draft considering where our picks currently sit, and the genuine shallowness of the midfield crop in this year’s draft.

Outside the top 15 in this draft, it is genuinely hard to find afl quality mids with pace.
Yeh probably not the draft for mids. We have two good ones for next year anyway. I still think look for mature age recruits to fit a specific need with our current picks. Unless we can land Logan Morris with our first. Like the look of him

Yeah think we will pick up a third tall mature aged recruit with one of the picks. Corbett from Suns would have been good stop gap for a trade.
Agree, although this is the best chance we can pick up Brodie McLaughin from Gold Coast in the DFA market.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back