List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

What an incredible debut performance by Levi. He stepped up to VFL level for the first time and played probably his best game for the season, putting a marker out there for the rest of the draft pool to try and reach. He was close to BOG, certainly Brisbane's best and most productive midfielder. Prolific at the coal face winning 11 clearances and spreading with his typical elite work rate and endurance to find a stack of the footy outside the contest, even slotting a sublime running goal from the boundary. Compared to his brother Will, Levi brings a more natural physicality and that was on clear display here.

"It's affecting Premierships"

It's really not. If you look through the list of players who have been drafted as a Father/Son player, only 9 F/S Players out of 55 F/S players drafted since the 2010 Draft have actually won Premierships throughout their career.
More than number 1 picks.

I like the father son concept. Though I think the discounts and the way the cascading point system has been set up needs a rework.

NGA is a joke and I want that scrapped in its current form. I’d support a form of NGA if it’s only operated within the ACT/NSW/QLD/NT jurisdictions. Should be about getting minority kids into the sport. Not just drafting kids already into the sport.

Haven’t seen it mentioned here, but a combined Lions & GC QLD U17 team beat Vic Metro in Victoria on the weekend.

Not sure, but it also sounds like a combined Syd & GWS U17 team may have beaten Vic country on the weekend as well.

Already talk that the Allies will be the favourites at next year’s U18 national championships.

I believe it was OnLooker1932 who said Annabel was dominant from the Lions academy. And Bridge went pretty well too.

More academy rorts incoming.

revenge of the sith GIF by Star Wars

Cry harder Melbourne Mafia 😭 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t seen it mentioned here, but a combined Lions & GC QLD U17 team beat Vic Metro in Victoria on the weekend.

Not sure, but it also sounds like a combined Syd & GWS U17 team may have beaten Vic country on the weekend as well.

Already talk that the Allies will be the favourites at next year’s U18 national championships.

I believe it was OnLooker1932 who said Annabel was dominant from the Lions academy. And Bridge went pretty well too.

Excellent news in terms of seeing the growing talent up here and is NSW/ACT.

Annable was outstanding. Bridge was very poor in his disposal by foot, but directed traffic well. Seen enough of him to say it was just an off day.

Geesu is a high impact, low possession player. He is exciting.

Isaac Waller looked handy in the ruck, but both he and Gillet had no marking presence. Of the other Lions kids, I thought Tanks elevated himself - but outside Annable the bulk of the work was done by the Suns kids.

Annable was outstanding. Bridge was very poor in his disposal by foot, but directed traffic well. Seen enough of him to say it was just an off day.

Geesu is a high impact, low possession player. He is exciting.

Isaac Waller looked handy in the ruck, but both he and Gillet had no marking presence. Of the other Lions kids, I thought Tanks elevated himself - but outside Annable the bulk of the work was done by the Suns kids.
Did that include the likes of Zeke Uwland, Beau Addinsall & Dylan Patterson for the Suns? If so I’m not surprised combined with Annable ect. they beat Vic M.

Scouting notes from rookieme central on the u17 game:

I liked Raphael Geesu's write up, I saw him live a couple of times 2 seasons ago and he has special traits, a long term Charlie replacement.

#3 Raphael Geesu (Lions Academy)
Small Forward | 172cm | 23/07/2007

Geesu is a clever forward with enormous talent and while he may not always stuff the stats sheet, is capable of producing great moments. He provided a useful link up the ground for Queensland to connect into attacking 50, using his speed to get separation on his opponent before wheeling around back to goal. Geesu had arguably his best patch in the third quarter, hitting the scoreboard and getting involved in other scores with his speed and creativity.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back