List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Big picture is to make it harder to match very top end kids and/or to match multiple good kids.

Haven’t read the article yet, but does it mention if the AFL is keeping the 20% discount or if it’s going?
I seem to recall reading/hearing the discount is being reduced to 10%.

Big picture is to make it harder to match very top end kids and/or to match multiple good kids.

Haven’t read the article yet, but does it mention if the AFL is keeping the 20% discount or if it’s going?
Down to 10% but different article

For 2025, the main changes will be:

• The revised draft value index and bidding system will be introduced. The new DVI will make it harder for clubs to stockpile draft selections to match multiple bids on Academy and father-son selections.
  • As part of this, the 20 per cent points discount applied to matched bids will be reduced to 10 per cent. However, the AFL will continue to review this and assess whether it should apply to all or some of father-son, NGA and northern Academy players.
  • The new DVI will see points attached to only the first 54 picks (down from the current system of the first 73 picks). There will be more than 10,000 points shaved off the value of the next DVI.
  • Future trading of picks will be extended to two years in advance.

Levi Ashcroft will walk into our first team of next season. I hope for Bailey's sake he turns it on in our next two games because it will be his position under threat I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back