List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Big picture is to make it harder to match very top end kids and/or to match multiple good kids.

Haven’t read the article yet, but does it mention if the AFL is keeping the 20% discount or if it’s going?
I seem to recall reading/hearing the discount is being reduced to 10%.

Big picture is to make it harder to match very top end kids and/or to match multiple good kids.

Haven’t read the article yet, but does it mention if the AFL is keeping the 20% discount or if it’s going?
Down to 10% but different article

For 2025, the main changes will be:

• The revised draft value index and bidding system will be introduced. The new DVI will make it harder for clubs to stockpile draft selections to match multiple bids on Academy and father-son selections.
  • As part of this, the 20 per cent points discount applied to matched bids will be reduced to 10 per cent. However, the AFL will continue to review this and assess whether it should apply to all or some of father-son, NGA and northern Academy players.
  • The new DVI will see points attached to only the first 54 picks (down from the current system of the first 73 picks). There will be more than 10,000 points shaved off the value of the next DVI.
  • Future trading of picks will be extended to two years in advance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Barrat comes in at 30, looks like we are not going to jag him late Crusha :(

I always said it was not likely that he would get through to be a possible selection for us, but had my fingers crossed. So I'm not surprised he has started to appear in the Top 30 range of some lists.

I have been on the search for other possibilities not yet highly rated on the amateur/media draft boards, and might have found one - no names yet ................ I need to see some more vision.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1225051

A PAIR of Brisbane-bound midfielders have supercharged the Sandringham Dragons to a third successive premiership, with the strong favourites claiming a piece of history in the Victorian under-18 competition.

Academy talent Sam Marshall and father-son Levi Ashcroft were pivotal as the Dragons stormed to their flag threepeat, with the 37-point win coming in comfortable fashion in the Coates Talent League decider against Greater Western Victoria Rebels.
The Lions head into Saturday's AFL preliminary final against Geelong already knowing who their first two picks at November's Telstra AFL Draft will be, with Ashcroft again dominant with a 27-disposal and three-goal game. Two of the goals came from boundary line kicks – one a snap and the other a set shot – as he finished his consistent campaign.

It was Ashcroft's third successive premiership, marking the end of a stellar under-18 stint ahead of him joining his brother Will in the Lions' midfield.

rnGUlRdv.jpg

Bennett Martin and Levi Ashcroft celebrate a goal during the Coates Talent League Grand Final between Sandringham and Greater Western Victoria Rebels on September 21, 2024. Picture: AFL Photos
Marshall, too, was impressive, particularly in the first term when he kicked two goals from nine disposals to start Sandringham's run. He finished with 28 touches and seven inside 50s to enhance his chances of a top-20 draft position.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back