List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

TBH too big a risk of being a bust to be at the top.

Are we still talking about the 2024 AA Squad, 2024 top 10 BnF, 2024 prelim final MVP, 2024 Premiership player, pack bursting, bullocking, high flying MVP Cam Rayner? ;) that level of bust?

Happy Car GIF

Timmy Watson had almost 50 senior games with Essendon to his name by the time he turned 18. Just sayin.

Timmy Watson had almost 50 senior games with Essendon to his name by the time he turned 18. Just sayin.

Levi would have already notched up 100 if the rules were different. Good point.

I thought we'd take 4, particulalry as we have the room (unless we hold one for the MSD) to get to the Max 44 list size.

We currently have 32 listed players + 8 rookies (6 x Cat A = Brain, Lester, Reville, McLachlan, Beecken & Craven and 2 Cat B = McKenna & Joyce) meaning we can take, should we choose, 4 players at the draft = Ashcroft, Marshall and maybe Gallop and one other (read nice things about a young Vic Country boy and Bendigo Pioneers key position utility James Barrat who may fit a need).

First-round AFL Phantom Draft: Who your club could pick on night 1

4. BID: Brisbane -- Levi Ashcroft

Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro

MID, 179cm

Ashcroft will attract a top five bid after capping off a historic junior football career with his third CTL premiership. The younger brother of Norm Smith medallist Will, Levi brings more scoreboard impact and may start his career inside 50 before graduating to the on-ball brigade at the Lions.

Levi Ashcroft. Photo by Sarah Reed/AFL Photos via Getty Images
20. BID: Brisbane -- Sam Marshall

Sandringham Dragons/Allies

MID, 185cm

Academy graduate Marshall adds to the Lions' riches and is likely to bring about a bid on the first night. While the Dogs would love to add his running power, it's Brisbane who has first dibs. Like Jaspa Fletcher before him, Marshall may start his career on a wing.

By my understanding, if that were to happen, we start with 2531 points, pick 4 = 2034 and pick 20 = 912, so we'd still need 415 points which I'm not sure how that actually happens or does it mean we go into deficit next year and lastly, if we wanted to draft 4 players in the draft, where are the final two picks positioned?

By my understanding, if that were to happen, we start with 2531 points, pick 4 = 2034 and pick 20 = 912, so we'd still need 415 points which I'm not sure how that actually happens or does it mean we go into deficit next year and lastly, if we wanted to draft 4 players in the draft, where are the final two picks positioned?
You're forgetting the 20% discount (for picks to pick 18, or 197 points for picks after 18). So that would only be 2342 points and we'd have a surplus pick 57.

I thought we'd take 4, particulalry as we have the room (unless we hold one for the MSD) to get to the Max 44 list size.

We currently have 32 listed players + 8 rookies (6 x Cat A = Brain, Lester, Reville, McLachlan, Beecken & Craven and 2 Cat B = McKenna & Joyce) meaning we can take, should we choose, 4 players at the draft = Ashcroft, Marshall and maybe Gallop and one other (read nice things about a young Vic Country boy and Bendigo Pioneers key position utility James Barrat who may fit a need).
That fourth pick will likely be Sam Day, signed after the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That fourth pick will likely be Sam Day, signed after the draft.
So ideally, we are gaining L.Ashcroft, Marshall and one of the talls from our academy (most likely Gallop).

Then, we would recommit Joyce and Craven in the Rookie Draft and then sign Day in the Delisted Free Agency.

This list management business is just way too easy for my liking ;)

Grateful to have an amazing list management and drafting / trading team at the club (and Bigfooty) though and don't think we haven't set much wrong in the 7-8 years.

You're forgetting the 20% discount (for picks to pick 18, or 197 points for picks after 18). So that would only be 2342 points and we'd have a surplus pick 57.
Of course, didn't even think of that - see how green i am when it comes to this stuff. :$

So that outcome in that mock draft would be quite good if it turned out that way.

That article has Levi at 179cm, that can’t be right surely.
Looked a little taller than Will on Grand Final day.

I saw no reporting that he even did testing?

It’s the same height as the pre-season testing they do for NAB league though so is probably correct unless he grew this year.

I am almost certain he didn't test. Not did Marshall.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back