Resource 2024 Finals Ticketing and other finals info

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone have a break down of what parts of the SCG are what ticket category?

Picking cat 1 is centre wing, but I have a vague memory that they have cat 2 up in the Bradman stand.

Trying to figure out how much I want to spend…
I looked around and couldn't find anything.

Will check the swans board later and see if they have a finals' ticketing thread and if anyone posted that. Somebody might have taken a screen shot during QF tickets purchase day.

I looked around and couldn't find anything.

Will check the swans board later and see if they have a finals' ticketing thread and if anyone posted that. Somebody might have taken a screen shot during QF tickets purchase day.
Found this from their Week 1 Final's ticketing article
Even with Category 1 you could end up at the top of one of the stands
Category 2 probably a 50/50 of getting a wing

Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 7.49.23 PM.png

Living in Sydney I’ll be trying to attend using an SA mates membership who can’t attend.

Having never purchased tickets as a member or using someone else’s membership, can anyone explain how this works?

Thanks!
Sign in to Ticketek and check into AFL finals tickets.

Wait in auto queue. Best get in early before tickets go on sale. Maybe 1 hour or 30 minutes prior.

Make sure you have your membership barcodes ready to go.

Once in the ticket lobby, enter barcodes numbers only with no prefixes, spaces, etc. Multiple barcodes must be entered on new lines not side by side with a space.

Select your category then Ticketek will automatically assign seats. You can change the seats but your on the clock and subject to Ticketek not having a meltdown whilst you hunt for better seats. If you get timed out before payment processing, then you go to the back of the queue again.

Have fun!

Looked on the Sydney board but didn't find a finals map like the AO one with finals categories seating allocation.

But this is the most detailed map I've found and will be of some use tomorrow morning. I will keep searching.

The Members Pavilion, the Ladies Pavillion (dark green), bays 243 to 247 (blue) in MA Noble Stand, bays 248 to 251 (purple) in Bradman stand and Bays 4 and 5 (purple) in Dally Messenger stand are only available to SCG Trust members not swans or Port members. Not sure about small bay next to 5.

Ground round north south, bay 1 (purple) is bay behind northern goals and bay 15 (orange) is bay behind southern goal.

1726395360315.png

Sign in to Ticketek and check into AFL finals tickets.

Wait in auto queue. Best get in early before tickets go on sale. Maybe 1 hour or 30 minutes prior.

Make sure you have your membership barcodes ready to go.

Once in the ticket lobby, enter barcodes numbers only with no prefixes, spaces, etc. Multiple barcodes must be entered on new lines not side by side with a space.

Select your category then Ticketek will automatically assign seats. You can change the seats but your on the clock and subject to Ticketek not having a meltdown whilst you hunt for better seats. If you get timed out before payment processing, then you go to the back of the queue again.

Have fun!

Thanks mate

View attachment 2112014
Back of the Bill O'Reilly stands are great seats. Its not that deep.

Used to sit there for a couple years after the front row seats went from being general admin when Swans were getting 6k-8k and then 12k-15k and a group of up to 15 of us used to sit there in 1993-95 seasons. Those front rows are great seats, so close to the boundary line and only about 12-15 rows back, and then they became expensive, so we moved to the back in 1997, which were about 25% cheaper, then the whole stand became expensive after 1997 season, and we moved to the top deck of old Dally Messenger stand, which were good value.

They have knocked that 2 level stand down to build the big TV screen and new seating at ground level.

3/4 of the way back in the Victor Trumper stand are pretty good seats so that's why they go deep there and you are on a flank/wing so the back 1/4 is a lower category.

The Brewongle Stand and Clive Churchill stand seats are great in general. Never sat right at the back row but probably 2/3rd - 3/4 of way back is the deepest I've sat in, and they are still bloody good to watch a game from.

View attachment 2112014
I wonder which bays will be allocated as Port bays, I feel like the AFL would be more inclined to bunch us up. I generally just click best available but I’d rather be on the lower deck so if those Cat 1 bays are accurate then Cat 2-4 may be better.

A part of me wants to go back to the Sydney v Collingwood PF a few years ago and see which bays the away side got, but I don’t reckon it would be too easy to work out from the TV/highlights.

I wonder which bays will be allocated as Port bays, I feel like the AFL would be more inclined to bunch us up. I generally just click best available but I’d rather be on the lower deck so if those Cat 1 bays are accurate then Cat 2-4 may be better.

A part of me wants to go back to the Sydney v Collingwood PF a few years ago and see which bays the away side got, but I don’t reckon it would be too easy to work out from the TV/highlights.
Try the Collingwood board's 2022 Finals / PF ticketing thread. I'm sure they are like us, and post which bays they got tickets in.

I am going thru the Collingwood board's 2022 Finals ticketing thread. People, including me forget how much good stuff is across the different big footy boards when looking back on history.

I will post stuff as I find it. In post
  • #574 on the previous page
I guestimated 32,000 tickets will be sold/available tomorrow to swans and Port members.

1726401469123.png

Copy and paste from Collingwood board thread. Cheesey Mac

First comment after it opened up on 12th September

Ticketek has crashed. Why they choose to release both games at the same time is beyond me.
(same bullshit is happening this year with Geelong v Brisbane game opening up at same time).

Yep ... Been waiting in the queue since before 10am then just got booted out

Snagged 2 tickers on the wing top level!

Ticketek has crashed 4 times on me now. Debacle.

Same mate. Bill o’reilly stand. I was logged in and in the queue on my phone and laptop from 9.30am. They were both still queued when Ticketek crashed. At 9.58am I thought I’d log in on the mrs’s phone as well, and it basically went straight through to select tickets at 10.01am. Just goes to show the queue is genuinely randomised

Well, that was nerve wracking, but I'm in! Top of the Brewongle Stand.

BREWG9, got our 2 tickets despite Ticketek going down. PC was quicker than phone this time.

Same section as me! Say hello, ..... Our seats are in the range T160-180.

I got 2 tickets for my daughter up in Sydney, when selecting the Seating Type, choose Collingwood Member (not AFL Gold Allocation) to open up more tickets - otherwise you'll not get through.
I got stuck when selecting AFL Gold Member Type but as soon as I selected the Pies Member Type, got straight thru...

I’m in OReilly stand also. 2 x tickets

Got 2 x 2 tickets, couldnt get 4 together , after crashing out 4 times

I was there a number of years ago and enjoyed the view from up high.
I reckon most of you who have tickets, (no matter where) will still have a better view than us at home.
I reckon this is the ground with the worst camera angles.

Scored 2 AFL members in the victor trumper stand. Coughed up 750 for the flight.

I waited an hour but worth it, got the cheapest tickets but somehow ended up on the ground behind the goals,

$394.00 for two tickets. Cat 1
1726402648692.png

Got 2 tix in the Bill O'Reilly Stand.

13th September

Have a ticket that I cannot use for this weeks game. Category 1 ticket BREWG9.

Got my ticket in the Clive Churchill stand

That's all that was posted about where people got there tickets. All pretty good spots in the ground.

LOL there was more talk about rail travel, tram to the SCG from central, the trust worthiness of Rail Ninja and general travel talk. On the 13th the post quickly changed to about the GF priority registration and tickets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have flights booked! Didn't really think about the SCG being a smaller ground and tickets being a problem. Kind of ridiculous they allow SCG members so many tickets for $20 in a final, with already limited seats. Also strange they would allow 2 tickets for every one barcode.

Will be very annoying if any Port fans miss out this morning!

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Finals Ticketing and other finals info

Remove this Banner Ad

Back