Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Never thought I'd need to say this but Rowan Marshall needs to watch Darcy Cameron.

Was a depth handbal over two defenders.

Yes they hype him but saying it was “a handball” is like saying the louvre is just a building
he had nobody near him! hes an AFL standard player, if you have space you SHOULD be able to hit anyone up with a handball

It was a centre square clearance… there’s 7 others players pretty close.

Also you should, how many saints can?
did you see it? there was a frame where no other player was in it. he had 2 seconds to get rid of it nearly.
there in lies the issue with saints now doesnt it

did you see it? there was a frame where no other player was in it. he had 2 seconds to get rid of it nearly.
there in lies the issue with saints now doesnt it
We must be talking about different things.

He had to handball it over two dogs to land it in a basket to Crisp and he had a fraction of a second in the one I’m talking about

The Daicos brothers and Darcy all playing well, if only we had some freebie gun Saints father son picks like them.

At least we did the right thing delisting Bytel, he's still a bust at the Pies, he is odds on to be delisted by them too.

The Daicos brothers and Darcy all playing well, if only we had some freebie gun Saints father son picks like them.

At least we did the right thing delisting Bytel, he's still a bust at the Pies, he is odds on to be delisted by them too.
Don’t forget the NGA freebie too.

Serious anger management issues, has Clarko.
Wouldn’t be in the least surprised if the way he is alleged to have treated the Aboriginal players at Hawthorn is true.

And the AFL are like neutered gnats when it comes to dealing him.

Small man’s syndrome.

biZTuNg.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone Loves Lenny!

Scott, come and join forces with your hero Lenny in your twilight years as a player, help us with our leadership and onfield setup.

The Pies still owe us for poaching Max Hudgeton and Luke Ball, along with that juicy juicy Lyon Cage IP.

And he wants to be a coach, I'd love for him to do the reverse Hudgeton move.

The 'stand' rule, combined with the protected space around the kicker after the free kick - is nothing but a farce! So many times player with the ball wheeling 20m or 30m into free space and essentially getting what accounts to a super free kick. How is that good for the spectacle? IMO it's a twist on the rules to deliberately allow teams to easily move forward and score. Really takes the spirit of the contest out of the game and puts far too much weight on the effect of the free kick. One of those two rules at least should be abolished!

Sam Mitchell: proving you coach a team without the perfect “list” to play skillful, attractive and winning football.

Great development of the young blokes too when they play in such a way.

Weirdly though they are playing similar to us early last season. Brilliant 100% commitment to the press and counter strike through possession chains off HB.

The difference with them is those inside mids are so good and they play with a spread of smaller goal kickers instead of too many tall targets. Our list looks very unbalanced.

The 'stand' rule, combined with the protected space around the kicker after the free kick - is nothing but a farce! So many times player with the ball wheeling 20m or 30m into free space and essentially getting what accounts to a super free kick. How is that good for the spectacle? IMO it's a twist on the rules to deliberately allow teams to easily move forward and score. Really takes the spirit of the contest out of the game and puts far too much weight on the effect of the free kick. One of those two rules at least should be abolished!
The player on the mark should be allowed to play on of his own judgment as soon as the kicking player takes one step of his mark. Rather than waiting for the umpire to make a three second delayed play on call.

The player on the mark should be allowed to play on of his own judgment as soon as the kicking player takes one step of his mark. Rather than waiting for the umpire to make a three second delayed play on call.

It's this delay which is the issue. Against WCE I noticed in the first quarter and a bit they were onto it, calling play on really quickly. But it soon went back to the status quo with players getting a huge running arc at it. I'd imagine the umpires as the game wears on with fatigue and trying to watch everything, the play on call just slips through to the keeper. I think the rule should just be rolled back but I can barely remember how it used to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back