2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

pick 21?
dont we currently have around 5 and 34 from gws?
gws kept the crows pick and gave us their second?

1718953130367.png

Imo by the looks of this draft, I thought Jagga was our top choice early but he lacks damage which is a bit off-putting. We definitely need two first rounders this year, whether its by letting Battle go or by splitting 5. Getting Lalor without reaching for him would be the perfect result - contested bull, accumulator, kicks goals, powerful and strong overhead - exactly what we need
“He lacks damage”

If a bloke is averaging 30+ touches and having games with 40 and 50 touches.

I think it will be near impossible to say he lacks damage.

He is literally a see ball get ball mid. His meters gained is a terrible stat. I’d be more inclined to see his involvement in scoring chains.

“He lacks damage”

He is literally a see ball get ball mid. His meters gained is a terrible stat. I’d be more inclined to see his involvement in scoring chains.

Anyone who watched the VM v Allies game would have seen the huge influence Jagga had on the outcome of that game.

Metres gained is a great stat for your outside runners but its a pointless stat for your ball winner’s & distributors.

Looking forward to watching the games this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who watched the VM v Allies game would have seen the huge influence Jagga had on the outcome of that game.

Metres gained is a great stat for your outside runners but its a pointless stat for your ball winner’s & distributors.

Looking forward to watching the games this weekend

Along with Smith's 50 disposals (24 contested), he racked up 17 clearances, six marks, 10 score involvements, four score assists and kicked one goal for a total of 239 SuperCoach ranking points.

Depends on your definition of hurt though.

I reckon we’ve got grunt… we need class

I've watched a bit of him and love him but he's kind of unique. He's not really classy, his disposal is pretty average, he gets his own ball but he just reads where to go really well. Guys that win their own ball show that they have a confidence and ability to read the play. I'm not 100% sure on hoe he will translate yet. I think he'll be very good but for what we need those inside extractors are much more urgent.

Lalor is really appealing for that reason. Hopefully by the end of the season we'll have a better idea of the order.

“He lacks damage”

I think it's more hurt factor per disposal. Guys like Macrae cop it too. I think he'll be a gun but I'm not 100% yet.

I think it's more hurt factor per disposal. Guys like Macrae cop it too. I think he'll be a gun but I'm not 100% yet.
No point measuring an inside mid winning the majority of their ball at the coal face by the same
Measure as an outside mid.

It’s like drafting an outside mid for his kicking skills and ability to hit targets and then ignoring things like disposal efficiency because his meters gained is high.

It needs to make sense and be viewed in the correct lens

I've watched a bit of him and love him but he's kind of unique. He's not really classy, his disposal is pretty average, he gets his own ball but he just reads where to go really well. Guys that win their own ball show that they have a confidence and ability to read the play. I'm not 100% sure on hoe he will translate yet. I think he'll be very good but for what we need those inside extractors are much more urgent.

Lalor is really appealing for that reason. Hopefully by the end of the season we'll have a better idea of the order.
Having yesterday said l would puke if we traded our future 1st, I'd be happy to land Lalor and Smith whilst keeping Battle.
It'll be interesting to see if the AFL change the points system as mooted. That would virtually lock us out of trading up our 2ndRDP unless we could secure another one of them.

Having yesterday said l would puke if we traded our future 1st, I'd be happy to land Lalor and Smith whilst keeping Battle.
It'll be interesting to see if the AFL change the points system as mooted. That would virtually lock us out of trading up our 2ndRDP unless we could secure another one of them.

There’s a rumour that clubs will be able to trade picks more than one year ahead.

Not sure that’s a great thing TBH.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“He lacks damage”

I'm talking on a per possession basis. On average, his damage per possession is, by the eye and the stats, not as impactful as the other mids including Lalor. If you go by raw numbers, you'll have to expect him to be an accumulator at AFL level too which is a completely different discussion. He won't get that much space at AFL level

Given us and Adelaide look destined to finish next to each other on the ladder, we've essentially got Liam Henry for free.
I was looking at stats the other day and noticed that Henry is only 22! Looks like a fantastic pick up at that age, a few more trades like that and we'll be on the improve.

I'm talking on a per possession basis. On average, his damage per possession is, by the eye and the stats, not as impactful as the other mids including Lalor. If you go by raw numbers, you'll have to expect him to be an accumulator at AFL level too which is a completely different discussion. He won't get that much space at AFL level
I 1000% expect him to be an accumulator at AFL level.

He is averaging 29 disposals across his 2 seasons of u18 football.

His 1 metro game in conditions fit for a fish - still had him with a healthy 24 disposals.

I expect more then that this weekend.

There’s a rumour that clubs will be able to trade picks more than one year ahead.

I feel right in saying that every alteration to the draft rules has done damage to the comp, along with free agency. This will be no different.

His 1 metro game in conditions fit for a fish - still had him with a healthy 24 disposals.

Fair, either way I hope we get both Jagga and Lalor if Battle leaves

It's terrible if you have terrible people.

Desperate managers will sell picks 2, 3... 5+ years into the future in order to buy players to win today.

Because if they don't, they'll get sacked.

So you get teams stuck in loops of trading out every future assets for an immediate impact and if it doesn't work then you've got nothing to build on.

It's terrible if you have terrible people.

Desperate managers will sell picks 2, 3... 5+ years into the future in order to buy players to win today.

Because if they don't, they'll get sacked.

So you get teams stuck in loops of trading out every future assets for an immediate impact and if it doesn't work then you've got nothing to build on.
Only allowing 2 years apparently

Jesus we’ve got knuckleheads complaining about trading out of 1 draft still losing their minds.

shade burn GIF by NBC

No point measuring an inside mid winning the majority of their ball at the coal face by the same
Measure as an outside mid.

It’s like drafting an outside mid for his kicking skills and ability to hit targets and then ignoring things like disposal efficiency because his meters gained is high.

It needs to make sense and be viewed in the correct lens

I guess that's the question with the little guys every time. Do they get opportunity to get inside as easily at AFL level. Plenty do but there is always that feeling like they are going to find life a lot harder with a bunch of 90kg 190cm mids crashing into them. I rate him and think he might be alright but if there is a bigger guy at a similar level you probably picks them.

I've been big on him since last year so not trying to down play him but better to be realistic too. He's got flaws as well as elite traits.

I want to see more. I reckon those conditions probably suited him more than others. It would be good to see him in a more open game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back