Resource 2024 Grand Final Ballot | Member Information... and Prelim Ticketing Information

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought about it but rain forecast. I am a precious petal.

This sport is so much easier being a Suns fan. You don't go broke every September like us haha

If you're directly behind the goals, you normally do end up undercover because the first part of the bay is taken up by the cheer squad

Non cheer squad plebs sit towards the back undercover

Got my tickets, M20 but not undercover unfortunately. Pray no rain!
What time did you start queueing? I was on before 12 but queueing until about 12:07, by which time best available was Q-AA apparently. So that's where we are which is not ideal.

Tried for M open as per usual. Every year I say I'm going to ditch the AFL membership for this reason and go to some Geelong direct membership, you get shafted except for the grand final from a Geelong/AFL member perspective. "Oh oops we accidentally offered some guest passes at exhorbitant prices and didn't really think people buy them and actual members would get shafted. We really couldn't have anticipated this demand".

Hello. Bit of a long shot here. My son just got his hand on 2 tickets behind the goals, bay M6. Unfortunately (or maybe not!) they're in your end. Anyone in a similar predicament and want to do like for like swap?

Cheers
Al

What time did you start queueing? I was on before 12 but queueing until about 12:07, by which time best available was Q-AA apparently. So that's where we are which is not ideal.

Tried for M open as per usual. Every year I say I'm going to ditch the AFL membership for this reason and go to some Geelong direct membership, you get shafted except for the grand final from a Geelong/AFL member perspective. "Oh oops we accidentally offered some guest passes at exhorbitant prices and didn't really think people buy them and actual members would get shafted. We really couldn't have anticipated this demand".
I was queueing at about 11.50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello. Bit of a long shot here. My son just got his hand on 2 tickets behind the goals, bay M6. Unfortunately (or maybe not!) they're in your end. Anyone in a similar predicament and want to do like for like swap?

Cheers
Al
I believe M6 and M7 are Brisbane bays. They break it up so there’s a few bays of each team in stripes as you look around the ground.

It looks like M1-M5 is geelong, then a couple of Brisbane, then a couple of Geelong, then Brisbane and then afl members.

I was thinking that it might timeout with the usual 7 mins thing, so I jumped on about 11:55
This could be a bit of a long shot but it's worth a go.

In 2017 my dad and I missed out on tickets to the QF with afl membership. Just couldn't get out of the queue in time. Anyway, dad emailed afl membership (or perhaps he rang them? Sorry i cant remember now) and explained what happened and they actually managed to snag us some tickets on level one somehow. It could be worth contacting them just to see.

In hindsight I wish we didn't bother going to that game but anywho.

In 2017 my dad and I missed out on tickets to the QF with afl membership. Just couldn't get out of the queue in time. Anyway, dad emailed afl membership (or perhaps he rang them? Sorry i cant remember now) and explained what happened and they actually managed to snag us some tickets on level one somehow. It could be worth contacting them just to see.

Thanks for that - we got tickets, it's more that they are up the top of level Q, not ideal for my old ma. I know some people would kill for those tickets. It's an ever increasing erosion of the value of a gold afl membership in my case. But the grand final access is still very good. It's just a lot of the other big games seem to be such a struggle to get a ticket.

Last edited:
Thanks for that - we got tickets, it's more that they are up the top of level Q, not ideal for my old ma. I know some people would kill for those tickets. It's an ever increasing erosion of the value of a gold afl membership in my case. But the grand final access is still very good. It's just a lot of the other big games seem to be such a struggle to get ticket.
Damn it! I hope your mum manages ok up there. And I hope the game is worth the climb!

As a fellow gold member I agree, I've always felt we should get some sort of first priority even for prelim. But let's hope the gold comes in useful for real again in a couple of weeks!

Same happened to me at the Richmond final when they were told to use GOCATS in the code area. AFL called me a few days later with tickets
With AFL gold what happens if your nominated team isn't playing? Can you still get access via a ballot?
Absolutely you can get tickets
First access goes to the Gold afl members with club support of competing clubs. Then if there's any left over it opens up to every other gold member to have a crack.
Not to sure if that’s the case. My mates who are gold go every year, regardless who’s playing

Same happened to me at the Richmond final when they were told to use GOCATS in the code area. AFL called me a few days later with tickets

Absolutely you can get tickets

Not to sure if that’s the case. My mates who are gold go every year, regardless who’s playing
Yes but they're still getting their tickets after gold with club support get first dibs. See below. Screenshot_20240916_175228_Samsung Internet.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Grand Final Ballot | Member Information... and Prelim Ticketing Information

Remove this Banner Ad

Back