Resource 2024 Grand Final Ballot | Member Information... and Prelim Ticketing Information

Remove this Banner Ad

What I don’t understand is why is this so ****ing restricted?

Why the need to keep it to a 3 hour window on a Wednesday 3 weeks before the actual match.

The MCC ballot runs for a day and half it’s a ballot not a sale, just seems an odd decision to me.

You do realise the system regular shits itself when there's more than a few users at a time, especially for a single event

Over recent years they've clearly tried to spread the load of the ticketing system across different days during finals - whether it's the purchasing of tickets for each particular final, or the GF registration ballot

Both QF winners have their PF ballots today, with the 2 semi final winners to have their ballot held next week - they aren't going to want to try to do this with the members of all competing clubs next week ahead of the prelim finals. For today, between Geelong & Sydney, there's a potential 150k members who are across 3 different groupings for the ballot -by entering within time slots it can work as a set & forgot in terms of knowing which list is being drawn from first for GF tickets

It's also a lot different to the MCC ballot which is only open to the 62k full members, they have only 1 priority group with the only decision which level of seating they'll accept

I got straight in at 8:15. Chose the no standing room ticket option, the same as I've always done in the past.

Haven't had a problem with getting my Priority 1 seats previously this way, so I'm confident enough we'll get seats again.

I done both previously - this year I said yes to standing room but hope it won't happen

You do realise the system regular shits itself when there's more than a few users at a time, especially for a single event

Over recent years they've clearly tried to spread the load of the ticketing system across different days during finals - whether it's the purchasing of tickets for each particular final, or the GF registration ballot

Both QF winners have their PF ballots today, with the 2 semi final winners to have their ballot held next week - they aren't going to want to try to do this with the members of all competing clubs next week ahead of the prelim finals. For today, between Geelong & Sydney, there's a potential 150k members who are across 3 different groupings for the ballot -by entering within time slots it can work as a set & forgot in terms of knowing which list is being drawn from first for GF tickets

It's also a lot different to the MCC ballot which is only open to the 62k full members, they have only 1 priority group with the only decision which level of seating they'll accept
So let me get this right you think it makes sense to condense people into smaller windows to fix congestion on the website 🤨

Why not have priority 1 go from 8-8 on Wednesday and priority 2 go from 8-8 Thursday.

Why only 3 hours during work time on a Wednesday for each?

Since I’ve never done this before, I selected the standing room option because that atleast guarantees a ticket. What are the chances that I get some crap seats or standing room tickets ?

Since I’ve never done this before, I selected the standing room option because that atleast guarantees a ticket. What are the chances that I get some crap seats or standing room tickets ?
I don't think we have 15k of P1 members so think it is pretty good odds you'll be seated

So let me get this right you think it makes sense to condense people into smaller windows to fix congestion on the website 🤨

Why not have priority 1 go from 8-8 on Wednesday and priority 2 go from 8-8 Thursday.

Why only 3 hours during work time on a Wednesday for each?

I doubt that a 12 hour window is practical or needed, especially for P1 - but let's be honest, even with a 12 hour window, the vast majority will try to log in at the start anyway

P2 should be longer than 3 hours as that would clearly be the largest group of members across all clubs - could they extend that by an additional hour or 2 and then still get P3 in that same day, like do they really need a full hour between priority groups or could that be reduced to a 30min gap. Because I can completely understand why they'd want the process completed in the same day and not spread out over multiple days

I'm pretty sure that competing teams used to be across different days, so I found it surprising they decided to put them both on one day

The other things to factor in is that we're now in NRL finals also and Tickeket is also used there - it's a balancing act that they are trying to work through the competing codes, competing matches and teams at this time of year etc and I doubt there's a solution that would satisfy everyone

Surprisingly painless process this morning - my big worry was the barcode not working but lucky that wasn't the case. All done in just under 10 mins for me

Now the next test will come Monday morning when the PF tickets go on sale!
Yeah facts, I thought I was gonna be waiting in a queue for ages but I got in straight away. Took about 5 mins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprisingly painless process this morning - my big worry was the barcode not working but lucky that wasn't the case. All done in just under 10 mins for me

Now the next test will come Monday morning when the PF tickets go on sale!

Will ours go on sale Monday or Tuesday?

Surely it'll be spilt over two days and as the second prelim I thought we'd be on Tuesday

Did the same surely they wouldn’t be giving shit seats out to the Priority 1 right?
The seating isn't allocated based on priority.

Basically put, my understanding is that you're either in, or you're out, and once you're in, you're offered a ticket which is randomly allocated. Could be prime L2 seating, could be nosebleeds, could be standing.

If you refuse that ticket for whatever reason, that's on you.

So you can’t choose a price category when registering for the ballot, is that correct?
You could be charged anywhere between $155 or $493.00?

The only choice is if you'll accept standing room or not

Well they did it last year to the Collingwood members. Gave them standing room as legend members and priority 2 members got seats, so im hoping that doesn’t happen again this year if we make it.
Doesn't bother me. The ability to afford the GF guarantee is a real privilege; if a P2 members gets lucky on a decent seat, good on them. And I say that as someone with the guarantee

Well they did it last year to the Collingwood members. Gave them standing room as legend members and priority 2 members got seats, so im hoping that doesn’t happen again this year if we make it.

It's a "random" ballot.

As others have said you're not guaranteed a good seat, you're guaranteed a foot in the door.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Grand Final Ballot | Member Information... and Prelim Ticketing Information

Remove this Banner Ad

Back