Resource 2024 Grand Final Ballot | Member Information... and Prelim Ticketing Information

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we know how likely it would be to miss out on any ticket as a P1 member if we were to select ‘no standing’?

Does your guaranteed status essentially go out the window?

It's a joke they even allow people with Priority 3 apply for the ballot and waste $6. There is only 17,500 tickets and that would clearly be well and truly gone before Priority 3. I feel sorry for those that probably don't understand the process as well as some and hand over their $6 in the hope they get a ticket.

Yeah we've done this topic on earlier pages. It's outrageous when you do the sums, like they make $$$$ actual millions to end up giving many supporters Sweet FA.

Do we know how likely it would be to miss out on any ticket as a P1 member if we were to select ‘no standing’?

I wouldn't think so, you'd still be first in line to get that area, but I guess it depends on numbers who choose it.
In other words, more seats available than standing room. All I know is they advise not to pick Best Available. I think. Someone else might help here?
If worried: You could always select cheapest seat and then go into standing room maybe?
They didnt even check tickets in that area in 2022,

Every ballot I've been in as a P1, I've selected no standing and have always got a ticket

For those wondering, this is some information available when clicking through for the registration page

View attachment 2106916
I gotta admit, bit of a rort that a 3 game membership is considered the same priority as a 16 game home and away.

Every ballot I've been in as a P1, I've selected no standing and have always got a ticket
Surely as p1 you can select no standing and still get a seat. Guaranteed means guaranteed. It’s a joke p1 members have to go into the ballot and pay the $6. They should be able to logon and pick their bay, like gold afl members with club support.

Surely as p1 you can select no standing and still get a seat. Guaranteed means guaranteed. It’s a joke p1 members have to go into the ballot and pay the $6. They should be able to logon and pick their bay, like gold afl members with club support.
07,08,09,11 I was level 1 M7 and M53
22 was level 4 Q49

Being able to select would be good but would be a headache for the server

I don't think that is the case, you are guaranteed entry into the game if you place no restrictions on your ticket. But if you do you are taking that risk.

Not saying that is fair or even ethical but I think that is how it works.

It's a joke they even allow people with Priority 3 to apply for the ballot and waste $6. There is only 17,500 tickets and that would clearly be exhausted well and truly before Priority 3. I feel sorry for those that probably don't understand the process as well as some and hand over their $6 in the hope they get a ticket.
Yeah there needs to be some transparency here. I guess in theory not all P2 could apply, or their credit cards are maxed out, etc. But geez, if year in year out nobody gets a p3 ticket then taking $6 from them is pretty crook.

I vaguely recall hearing a p3 getting a ticket - don't know how, unless perhaps a LOT of p2 elect for No Standing.

Don't know if this is still the case, but it used to be that the 'good' (and as such more expensive) seats went first to P1, then P2 got the rest.

I'm pretty certain all P1 get a seat, but I guess there's an outside chance you get stiffed if you ask for 10 together or something, I don't know.

I gotta admit, bit of a rort that a 3 game membership is considered the same priority as a 16 game home and away.
Yeah that is crap.

I'd be happy if it wasn't hard and fast, but say 16 or 11 game members got 80% of P2, and the hangers on got 20% or something. Still gives them a chance but gives 'proper' memberships a better chance.

I got major hip issues and got a ticket up the top last time. I’d be happy to get a lower seat but couldn’t apply for accessibility bc you need a companion card and I’m not eligible for one, so sucks if I got top level again bc it’s been an extra two years and my hips are way worse. I’d be okay if I didn’t get a ticket this time around but if I do won’t complain but may give to a friend or family member as I’ve already seen two GF wins so been pretty lucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey I can see a few comments around people having multiple memberships and splitting up the entires. Does that actually give you more chances to get tickets? We’ve got 4 memberships with the family do others with family memberships enter it as 4 tickets or split them up 2 and 2?

In 2022 we only had two memberships and my son and I were lucky enough to get them. Any chance to try and relive that day, ideally we’d love to sit together but just being able to go would be amazing.

If you split them does that need to happen tomorrow with the rego?

No its not. 16 H&A is P2. fair chance...........3 game is P3 and Buckleys chance.
Look again, the 3 game reserved seat is priority 2.

Same as my 16 game home+ Away with reserved seat.

Hey I can see a few comments around people having multiple memberships and splitting up the entires. Does that actually give you more chances to get tickets? We’ve got 4 memberships with the family do others with family memberships enter it as 4 tickets or split them up 2 and 2?

In 2022 we only had two memberships and my son and I were lucky enough to get them. Any chance to try and relive that day, ideally we’d love to sit together but just being able to go would be amazing.

If you split them does that need to happen tomorrow with the rego?
In all my experience yes it does. The reason is that the system can shove you into a solo seat whereas if you go in together it can only put you into a group of 4.

What I have done in the past is to get a seat and then just find somewhere along a rail on level 1 on the wing and watch from there standing up. Might not be something you can do with a kid though.

Also yes you just register two separate and distinct times with the each barcode rather then all at once.

Look again, the 3 game reserved seat is priority 2.

Same as my 16 game home+ Away with reserved seat.

Oh sorry didnt see that with RS. You're probably right, maybe put 16 up a category though.

The 3 game memberships make them a ton of dollars, then if you wait until March they have a day where you get 3 more free on a 3 game membership. Money they were not probably going to get. The 3 games sometimes suits people who have difficulty getting there (old, sick, disabled ) and want to support the Club. But they could possibly end up reserving 6 seats.

It's all a bloody mystery, they should be more transparent about your chances with GF seats, but no, suck it up.
It was only last year Ticketek said it doesnt matter to the eventual draw, what TIME you put your barcode in your category.
It's all random.

Yeah that is crap.

I'd be happy if it wasn't hard and fast, but say 16 or 11 game members got 80% of P2, and the hangers on got 20% or something. Still gives them a chance but gives 'proper' memberships a better chance.

It's elitist to call others "hangers on". We're not all wealthy, mobile, young or live near the ground.

I got major hip issues and got a ticket up the top last time. I’d be happy to get a lower seat but couldn’t apply for accessibility bc you need a companion card and I’m not eligible for one, so sucks if I got top level again bc it’s been an extra two years and my hips are way worse. I’d be okay if I didn’t get a ticket this time around but if I do won’t complain but may give to a friend or family member as I’ve already seen two GF wins so been pretty lucky.
You can elect for seats that are more suitable during the ballot process, obviously less likely to get a ticket but the options there for this very reason.

It's elitist to call others "hangers on". We're not all wealthy, mobile, young or live near the ground.
Yeah nah can't agree people that invest more money and attend more games shouldnt be treated the same as people who invest **** all and hardly ever attend matches regardless of circumstance as to why, its like saying a rookie should be paid the same as a superstar of the competition.

Yeah nah can't agree people that invest more money and attend more games shouldnt be treated the same as people who invest **** all and hardly ever attend matches regardless of circumstance as to why, its like saying a rookie should be paid the same as a superstar of the competition.

You're all heart. They aren't treated the same. They are P3 and know it, but still supporters like you.

You can elect for seats that are more suitable during the ballot process, obviously less likely to get a ticket but the options there for this very reason.
Really? Is this a P1 thing or something?

As P2 I've only ever had two choices: next best seat available, or next best seat/standing available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Grand Final Ballot | Member Information... and Prelim Ticketing Information

Remove this Banner Ad

Back