2024 Grand Final registration reminder

Remove this Banner Ad

I know a lot of people are in the process of getting tickets to the Cats game.
But don't forget Grand Final registration is this Wednesday

WE ALL NEED TO PREPARE FOR OUR GRAND FINAL TICKETS WELL BEFORE WEDNESDAY 18TH SEPTEMBER
The club will send a reminder email tomorrow Tuesday 17th.

For people like me who don't uses Ticketek (the last time was the GF last year)
Login to your account and check/update your details especially your phone number is correct.
Under "Payment details" you will see your card details. Ensure they are correct
Your expire date may have changed, you may have requested a new card etc,etc.

A few people got caught out last year when they did not check that a $6 per ticket nonrefundable amount was deducted from their nominated account. If for some reason it did not come out, you have a short timeframe opportunity to fix the problem.
However, if it is not deducted and you did not check you won't be going to the GF.

GRAND FINAL: MEMBER BALLOT REGISTRATION

WEDNESDAY 18 SEPTEMBER, via Ticketek

Priority 1 Members: 8AM - 11AM

Priority 1 Member Barcode(s):

Priority 1 Accessible Barcode(s):

Priority 2 Members: 12PM - 3PM

Priority 2 Member Barcode(s): , ,

Priority 2 Accessible Barcode(s):

Priority 3 Members: 4PM - 6PM

Priority 3 Member Barcode(s): , ,

Priority 3 Accessible Barcode(s):

A limit of one (1) ticket per eligible barcode applies.

Note: A maximum of 8 barcodes per transaction.
So, if you have say 9 plus going you will have to break up the group.
If the people going have different priority numbers try and put them together in each priority.
If that's not possible you have to register in the lowest priority time window.

You can register at any time within your timeslot as registrations are processed randomly. There is no benefit to registering for your tickets right when your timeslot opens.!

Last edited:
Registration Process and Frequently Asked Questions

Please ensure you have a My Ticketek Account before registering. If you don’t already have an account, we recommend logging onto ticketek.com.au and selecting ‘My Ticketek’ to create an account at least 24 hours prior to registration.

If the Brisbane Lions qualify for the Preliminary Final, the Grand Final Ballot registration process will be as follows:

The Brisbane Lions will email you with the registration link and confirm your member priority group and registration time.

Visit Ticketek and log into your My Ticketek account. As the credit card holder, you will need to ensure that you are a My Ticketek member to continue with the registration process.

1. Click on the Brisbane Lions 2024 Toyota AFL Grand Final Registration tile on the Ticketek homepage.

2. Select your Priority Group from the drop-down menu on the right-hand side of the page

3. Enter your member barcode(s) in the box provided and click ‘Apply Now’. Each barcode registered will be charged a non-refundable $6.00 fee at the end of the registration process.

4. The next page will prompt you to select your ticket preference. You will have the choice of the following two options:

5. I will accept the next best available ticket – including Standing Room

6. I will accept the next best available reserved seat – no Standing Room

7. To register each member for a Grand Final ticket select ‘1’ from the drop down list next to each ballot price type. Repeat this for each barcode. Select the listed delivery method and then proceed to the payment screen.

8. The next page will confirm your registration. Please read these details carefully and review all information before proceeding. Read the terms and conditions and check the box stating that you agree. Submit payment.

9. Once the registration is complete and your credit card has been authorised, you will be transferred to the confirmation page and sent an email confirming your registration with your Ticketek Customer ID. Keep this and the membership barcodes supplied as reference of your registration.

Should you encounter any issues with your barcodes when you are trying to register within your priority period, please do not panic, we recommend you contact Brisbane Lions MemberHQ on 07 3335 1777 immediately to rectify the issue.

Registration Procedure Details

Adult members may only purchase tickets at Adult prices and Concession and Junior members may only purchase at the Concession price. There is no Junior price for the 2024 Toyota AFL Grand Final.

Members wishing to attend together must register their group in one transaction using one credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Diners). There is a maximum of eight (8) tickets per transaction and members should be aware that registrations with more than one ticket are ‘one in all in’ or ‘one out all out’; group registrations will not be split.

If Brisbane Lions has qualified for the 2024 Toyota AFL Grand Final and members were successful in the ballot, the member who provided the credit card details during the ballot registration period must ensure they have sufficient funds available on their credit card in order to complete payment for the transaction based on the prices below. It is each member’s responsibility to ensure they have sufficient funds to cover the range of ticket prices in addition to the $6.00 non-refundable registration fee per barcode registered. Tickets will be allocated via ballot on a next best available basis, and therefore members can receive a Category 1-7 Reserved Seat, Restricted View seat or Standing Room* ticket (*depending on which ticket option was chosen during the registration process). The credit card holder should have enough funds to potentially pay for Category 1 tickets for all members registered in the transaction.

When will my credit card be charged?

Members who are successful in obtaining a 2024 Toyota AFL Grand Final ticket will automatically be charged for tickets once it has been confirmed that Brisbane Lions will participate in the 2024 Toyota AFL Grand Final. Members who were successful in the ballot will have their credit card charged on either September 21, 22 or 23.

Please ensure that you have enough funds for all tickets on your nominated card. There will be no follow up on any rejected credit cards once the ballot has been run. If your credit card fails to process, your tickets will be reallocated to eligible member/s. If you need to change your credit card details prior to the ballot, you can do so up until 11am, Thursday September 19 by returning to the Ballot Registration Page on the Ticketek website and clicking on the “Click here to update payment details for your existing ballot registration" button. We will then arrange for Ticketek to contact you to update the required information. Please note they will call from a private number.

Once the ballot has been finalised, members can log onto the Ticketek website to check the outcome of their ticket registration by checking for their Ticketek Customer ID. Email notification will also be sent to successful and unsuccessful members by the Club once the ticket allocation process is complete. If you were successful in obtaining tickets, this communication will also detail how to access your mobile Grand Final ticket(s) via the Ticketek app.

Tickets for successful members will be distributed from Ticketek via email the week of the Grand Final.

What if I miss my priority window?

If you miss registering for the ballot during your priority window (e.g., if you are Priority 1 and don't register your ballot until after 11am), you forfeit your higher priority access and will instead be allocated as part of the lower priority window.

How do I register to sit with other members in a lower priority group than me?

You need to enter all barcodes within the same transaction (8 barcodes maximum per transaction) at the lowest priority window. This means, if your group is split across Priority 1 and Priority 2, you will all need to enter within the Priority 2 window and therefore waive your right to Priority 1 access. Please be aware that registering in a lower priority group could affect your chances of securing a Grand Final ticket.

Do I have to be online right at the beginning of my priority window?

No you don't! You can register at any time within your timeslot as registrations are processed randomly. There is no benefit to registering for your tickets right when your timeslot opens.!

Last edited:

Put this separate as it won't apply to most people

Accessible Seating Information

The following details apply to:

Members who have a medical requirement for access to accessible ticketing

Members who hold a companion card

Members who wish to book in a group with other members who have a requirement for accessible tickets or hold a companion card

All members requiring accessible tickets or wishing to register with another member that requires accessible tickets will need a NEW Grand Final Accessible Registration barcode.

If the barcode noted above does not reference Grand Final Accessible Registration barcode, you will be required to contact the Club via membership@lions.com.au no later than 12noon Monday, September 16 2024 to obtain this.

Accessible Ticket Types & Definitions

Wheelchair Accessible: The ticket could be allocated on Level 1 (M1), Level 2 (N) or Level 4 (Q). If on Level 4, lift access will be available.
Blindness or Low Vision: Tickets for people with blindness or low vision will be allocated in the front row on Level 1 (M).
Aisle Seat: The ticket will be allocated on the aisle. If two (2) or more seats are requested in one group, only one ticket in the group will be allocated on the aisle. Seats may be allocated on Level 1 (M), Level 2 (N) or Level 4 (Q). If on Level 4 (Q), lift and/or escalator access will be available.
Lower-Level Ticket: Tickets for people with a medical requirement that renders you unable to sit on Level 3 (P) or Level 4 (Q). Tickets may be allocated on Level 1 (M) or Level 2 (N).
Accompanying group member (including Carers): Ticket will be allocated as close as possible to your ticket, subject to the accessible requirements of the request.
Companion card holder: Ticket will be allocated as close as possible to your ticket, subject to the accessible requirements of the request. Ticket will be provided complimentary if the relevant companion card barcode is registered within the booking.

You have not listed an option to suit my needs: If the above options do not meet your exact requirements, a Ticketek staff member will call you to clarify your accessible requirements.

We understand there is a broad range of reasons why you may require an accessible ticket, if these options do not meet your exact requirements, please select “You have not listed an option to suit my needs”, select the relevant ticket option for other member(s) of your group, complete payment and finalise the registration process. The day following registration, a Ticketek staff member will call you to clarify your accessible requirements. Please ensure you phone number is up to date in your My Ticketek account.

Note there are no children prices they pay the concession price

How much are tickets to the 2024 AFL Grand Final?

Ticket CategoryAdultConcession
Level 1$493.00$419.00
Level 2$493.00$419.00
Level 2A$493.00$419.00
Level 1 Goal$481.00$409.00
Level 4 Front$409.00$348.00
Level 4 Middle$361.00$307.00
Level 4 Back$301.00$256.00
Level 1 Goal – behind Cheersquad$185.00$157.00
Level 4 Back - Goal$185.00$157.00
Restricted View$155.00$132.00
Standing Room$155.00$132.00

Note there are no children prices they pay the concession price

How much are tickets to the 2024 AFL Grand Final?

Ticket CategoryAdultConcession
Level 1$493.00$419.00
Level 2$493.00$419.00
Level 2A$493.00$419.00
Level 1 Goal$481.00$409.00
Level 4 Front$409.00$348.00
Level 4 Middle$361.00$307.00
Level 4 Back$301.00$256.00
Level 1 Goal – behind Cheersquad$185.00$157.00
Level 4 Back - Goal$185.00$157.00
Restricted View$155.00$132.00
Standing Room$155.00$132.00
All the above is all well and good, but its not like you really get to choose - well it didn't for me last year. At the time I was aggrieved being a foundation member and all and and end up getting Priority 2 or 3 tickets, but in the end, wound up with pretty decent seats, but I certainly didn't get a chance to choose what I wanted.

All the above is all well and good, but its not like you really get to choose - well it didn't for me last year. At the time I was aggrieved being a foundation member and all and and end up getting Priority 2 or 3 tickets, but in the end, wound up with pretty decent seats, but I certainly didn't get a chance to choose what I wanted.
While I was happy to just get tickets for last years GF, it was disappointing to not be able to choose at least a section or tier.

I much prefer to be up in stands with an overall view of the ground but we were given what is considered "best available:rolleyes:", which was about a dozen rows in from the ground level fence, I don't like their view of what best available is.

Unfortunately you have to take what is given on GF day... surely we have the technology to be able to type in a preferred section.

While I was happy to just get tickets for last years GF, it was disappointing to not be able to choose at least a section or tier.

I much prefer to be up in stands with an overall view of the ground but we were given what is considered "best available:rolleyes:", which was about a dozen rows in from the ground level fence, I don't like their view of what best available is.

Unfortunately you have to take what is given on GF day... surely we have the technology to be able to type in a preferred section.
Unfortunately there's no reason to invest in the technology to improve the ticketing, and ultimately you'll have people who are happy and people who are unhappy regardless of the system they use. The number of people who attend will not be impacted by the ability to choose a seat. The cost of a ticket (or 4 tickets in my case) certainly makes the eyes water, and I wouldn't pay that kind of money as a neutral supporter.

You can't choose during any final so no different.
I think Ticketmaster/Ticketek could do this for minor finals which has been discussed before on threads, but they don't.
However, the big difference to other finals is the GF demand is such you could fill the stadium 3 times over.
They have to have some sort of system, and it is what it is, which i think is fair enough considering all the possibilities.
For arguments sake if Pies v Richmond was the game, you would fill the stadium just with their members if there were no limits on competing teams

You have to (gamble/donate) pay extra money to be a September member at the Lions and that gives you a guaranteed ticket. Thats all it does guarantees you a ticket.
The big clubs like Pies have to go into a ballot just to register. I have no idea what their system is but i believe the big clubs members pay big dollars to get a guaranteed GF ticket if they make it.
Then i believe they have other price structures for the ballot.

Being a foundation member is great, my sister is one, but it just does not count towards anything tangible now.
Should you wish to change your seats at the Gabba being a foundation/platinum/gold member it won't help in that either.
You just have to take what's available at the Gabba and no guarantee you get what you ask for anyhow.

I’m guessing Priority 1 is pretty much September membership now.

Last year as a regular season ticket holder I had Priority 1 access.

This year I am Priority 2, with the same membership.
You will get an email from the club tomorrow
In the meantime
Grand Final Membership Eligibility

September MemberMembership TypeGrand Final Priority
N/ACoaches Club UpgradePriority 1
YesSeason Reserved Seat (AreaVIP/Premium/Prime/Standard)Season General AdmissionTraditional VictorianVictorian PlusAFL Club Support SilverPriority 1
YesSupporter - if located outside of QLD/VICDigital - if located outside of QLD/VICLion Cub - if located outside of QLD/VICInternational SupporterGlobal LionPriority 1
NoSeason Reserved Seat (AreaVIP/Premium/Prime/Standard)Season General AdmissionTraditional VictorianVictorian PlusAFL Club Support SilverPriority 2
NoSupporter - if located outside of QLD/VICDigital - if located outside of QLD/VICLion Cub - if located outside of QLD/VICInternational SupporterGlobal LionPriority 2
Yes3 Game (Verandah/Premium/Prime/Standard/General Admission)4300 MemberFlexi11 (Premium/General Admission)Ultimate WeekenderPriority 2
No3 Game (Verandah/Premium/Prime/Standard/General Admission)4300 MemberFlexi11 (Premium/General Admission)AFL Club Support BronzePriority 3
N/ASupporter - if located in QLD or VICDigital - if located in QLD or VICLion Cub - if located in QLD or VICNo access
N/AAuskick Junior MemberQLD Freeze MemberHippy's HeroesNo access
N/AAFL Club Support GoldNo access through Brisbane Lions member ballot, access is via AFL member ballot.

I know this is an absolute long shot, but going to ask anyway.

If anyone has a spare barcode because a friend / family member cant make it down to the Granny, I would be forever grateful if you could let me know and send it my way so that I can enter it into the ballot.

Full disclosure, I'm a GWS member and I was there watching on Saturday night. Brissy has always been second team, as Grandfather played for Fitzroy back in the day, and we went to the Grand Final in 2002 when I was a kid.

Anyways, I'm still recovering from the loss on Saturday, but respect where respect is due, I want to see Brissy go all the way and I want to be there to see them do it.

Anyways, I know its a long shot but, worth asking. :)

Every P2 member who entered the ballot last year got one?

There are 4 of us who go to games - 2 of us are P1, the other are P2 (the other 2 idiots upgraded to VIC+ this year and relinquished their September membership thinking VIC+ automatically meant P1. I’ve got sharper blunt Stanley knife blades in the shed).

Faced with the dilemma of just going our separate ways for ballot registration, or us two P1s just register for P2 so we can sit together if we happen to win (which I think we can, but think we won’t). If all P2s last year got one it would make the decision somewhat easier but it’s all in/all out and there’s certainly the FOMO aspect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory last year the club said we SHOULD tick standing room to get a ticket? That no longer seems to be in there? My abiding memory of that issue is that CFC stuffed their ballot up by making it PRIORITY 1 got first dibs to tickets but then RANDOMISED what tickets, whereas we did not. We would not use standing room in our group (oldies plus kids) so i don't really see the point in selecting standing room.

I also see a bit of an issue with sharing barcodes, as much as i'd like to think we'd help each other as lions fans, given the barcode numbers don't change, so you are handing that to someone forever?

From memory last year the club said we SHOULD tick standing room to get a ticket? That no longer seems to be in there? My abiding memory of that issue is that CFC stuffed their ballot up by making it PRIORITY 1 got first dibs to tickets but then RANDOMISED what tickets, whereas we did not. We would not use standing room in our group (oldies plus kids) so i don't really see the point in selecting standing room.

I also see a bit of an issue with sharing barcodes, as much as i'd like to think we'd help each other as lions fans, given the barcode numbers don't change, so you are handing that to someone forever?
oh that's a good point then. I didn't realise barcodes don't change.
And is also a bigger issue for me then, who has shared barcodes previously with colleagues in the past so they could use my membership for finals. Lol, lucky I trust them.

Every P2 member who entered the ballot last year got one?

There are 4 of us who go to games - 2 of us are P1, the other are P2 (the other 2 idiots upgraded to VIC+ this year and relinquished their September membership thinking VIC+ automatically meant P1. I’ve got sharper blunt Stanley knife blades in the shed).

Faced with the dilemma of just going our separate ways for ballot registration, or us two P1s just register for P2 so we can sit together if we happen to win (which I think we can, but think we won’t). If all P2s last year got one it would make the decision somewhat easier but it’s all in/all out and there’s certainly the FOMO aspect.
I'm in a similar scenario, but got September membership for 4 (family ticket) and one mate who only committed to a membership late (despite getting scammed to the tune of $800 for tickets last season). Taken the tough decision to ditch him. He'll still get a ticket, but not willing to risk it considering the already considerable outlay!

Anecdotally it seems all Brisbane members who wanted GF tickets last year got them. Bigger risk is how many more people jumped on the Brisbane membership bandwagon, anticipating we would be a chance again in 2024 and the knowledge it's one of the few ways to have a solid chance of getting GF tickets.

My barcode from last year was different to this year.
i suspect they change yearly but are the same during the current season

Check your email junkmail folder - the club sent emails last week (Wednesday 11 Sep).
This is a separate email that will go out to all members tomorrow.
You are correct in that they sent one on the 11th but another one tomorrow that may mention something else.

Yes they did (number 5) and there were a lot of people arguing about why.

Maybe that will or won't be mentioned in the email tomorrow

If the club suggest choosing number 5 i would do as they say and not think about why. EDIT: See post 42.

Last edited:
I'm in a similar scenario, but got September membership for 4 (family ticket) and one mate who only committed to a membership late (despite getting scammed to the tune of $800 for tickets last season). Taken the tough decision to ditch him. He'll still get a ticket, but not willing to risk it considering the already considerable outlay!

Anecdotally it seems all Brisbane members who wanted GF tickets last year got them. Bigger risk is how many more people jumped on the Brisbane membership bandwagon, anticipating we would be a chance again in 2024 and the knowledge it's one of the few ways to have a solid chance of getting GF tickets.

On the flip side - grand final being guaranteed against a non-vic team might help a bit as well. Certainly there won't be so many oppo fans in the MCC/corporate areas.

If members have paid their September membership they will get a GF ticket, should we make the GF
The club would only sell enough September memberships that they know will be allocated to them.
The AFL allocated extra seats to competing teams this year. That was only in August 2024.
Each competing team will now get 17,500.
I believe it is an extra 1000 on last year and the reason the Lions reopened their September membership when it was previously sold out.

You can't choose during any final so no different.
I think Ticketmaster/Ticketek could do this for minor finals which has been discussed before on threads, but they don't.
However, the big difference to other finals is the GF demand is such you could fill the stadium 3 times over.
They have to have some sort of system, and it is what it is, which i think is fair enough considering all the possibilities.
For arguments sake if Pies v Richmond was the game, you would fill the stadium just with their members if there were no limits on competing teams

You have to (gamble/donate) pay extra money to be a September member at the Lions and that gives you a guaranteed ticket. Thats all it does guarantees you a ticket.
The big clubs like Pies have to go into a ballot just to register. I have no idea what their system is but i believe the big clubs members pay big dollars to get a guaranteed GF ticket if they make it.
Then i believe they have other price structures for the ballot.

Being a foundation member is great, my sister is one, but it just does not count towards anything tangible now.
Should you wish to change your seats at the Gabba being a foundation/platinum/gold member it won't help in that either.
You just have to take what's available at the Gabba and no guarantee you get what you ask for anyhow.
We took out the September add on / donation when it was first introduced and have maintained it ever since; perhaps around 2012 or so and it literally was a donation and that also in addition to being Foundation Members and members of Bears prior to that and that disappointingly counts for nought.

My barcode from last year was different to this year.
i suspect they change yearly but are the same during the current season
Ah yes right you are.

Apologies wasn't trying to talk down sharing if people want to do it!

I don't know any other risk re personal information.

Does anyone know about policing of adult vs concession ticket? We have a bit of an adult to concession ticket ratio issue. They didn't seem to be checking last year but maybe there is some light going off we can't see

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Grand Final registration reminder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back