2024 Grand Final registration reminder

Remove this Banner Ad

We are P2 so not getting worried yet as we got them last year but strange people are saying they have received tickets and they are P2 but some people are P1 and haven't received anything.
Turns out that the worst part of the year is waiting for GF tickets, especially with the smatterings of information coming through on the forums. The fact they’ve started much later in the day this year has made it a lot worse

We are P2 so not getting worried yet as we got them last year but strange people are saying they have received tickets and they are P2 but some people are P1 and haven't received anything.
I wouldn’t put too much thought into it. They likely run the ballot P1, then P2, then P3, assigning seats. Then start chugging through the bank charges in no particular order.

P2, level 4 front yeaaahhhh. Looks like that's either the forward pocket where Charlie kicked the first goal (and Ollie Henry their last) - or the other side (where Jasp missed the set shot and Miers got the crazy goal).

I know the mcg very well so feel free to reach out with any questions.

P2, level 4 front yeaaahhhh. Looks like that's either the forward pocket where Charlie kicked the first goal (and Ollie Henry their last) - or the other side (where Jasp missed the set shot and Miers got the crazy goal).

I know the mcg very well so feel free to reach out with any questions.
Did you get debited just now or a couple of hours ago?

Exactly - had single ticket back row with Collingwood standing room behind so close that when the bloke behind me put his arms out and leant over he touched the back of my seat, i could hardly see a thing and relied on the screen. That was P1 - have P1 this time but level 1 goals so fingers and toes crossed that I’m not again up the very very back. Anyone know when we’ll get the ticket.
It’s just crazy. I know they need an automated system. But they need to categorise much more than they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some banks (like ANZ) show pending charges on their apps, some wait until it is fully cleared before it shows up.

I suspect some peeps are freaking out unnecessarily. Especially P1 who are literally guaranteed tickets.

Last edited:
So you tell me when it’s feasible to be more than slightly pissed.

You will be fine. You are P1, you have tickets. Seriously, you’re good.

They have the ticket pool finalised, you’re in it. Now they are just randomly allocating the specific seats and charging the accounts as they go.

You probably have missed out on premium seats though, but that’s the lottery being a lottery.

Waiting on p2.
Are we fairly sure they’re doing it from best tix to worst? Guess if anything we might end up standing which i’d take ofc.

The card I used for the ballot was my mothers card and she doesn’t have any Internet banking to know how much money has come out.
We are P1 Members, she can tell via an ATM that some money has come out of the bank but she really has no idea exactly how much.
So we have no idea what category we are in.
But atleast it looks like some money has been deducted from the card and we will have tickets.
Will find out tomorrow I guess.

It's shitty that flights were already bad Friday and had pretty much doubled in price when looking this morning. Close to $2k off my card for 5hrs with no confirmation email is a bit of an inconvenience. But my brother having more kids so I don't have a free room set aside on the last Saturday in September, just in case, is unforgiveable! It's a bigger financial challenge this year and I've been trying to operate with some certainty and everything is already double the cost of last year's last minute change of mind.

It's shitty that flights were already bad Friday and had pretty much doubled in price when looking this morning. Close to $2k off my card for 5hrs with no confirmation email is a bit of an inconvenience. But my brother having more kids so I don't have a free room set aside on the last Saturday in September, just in case, is unforgiveable! It's a bigger financial challenge this year and I've been trying to operate with some certainty and everything is already double the cost of last year's last minute change of mind.
I feel for Brisbane (and all interstate) supporters having to fly down.
Best bet is to plan to come for the GF way ahead and pay for a refundable flight (even if you get charged for a refund) and refundable accommodation. It won’t be a supercheap flight, but you’ll save the last minute inflation.

Just got P2x2 Level 4 Back. Thank god... Good luck to all still waiting. Been checking every couple minutes since last night irrationally.

Also in the off chance anyone prefers cheaper seats, happy to potentially trade and pay the diff.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Grand Final registration reminder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back