2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Every other team will improve? That’s sounds pretty unrealistic. Are you a “Suns will surely make finals this year” guy?
I think the Suns will win more games than last season.
Other clubs seem to have improved their list, except for Richmond who traded for a key forward who wasn’t getting a new contract (not even 1 yr) in one of the the worst forward lines in the game of a bottom 3 team.

Other clubs seem to have improved their list, except for Richmond who traded for a key forward who wasn’t getting a new contract (not even 1 yr) in one of the the worst forward lines in the game of a bottom 3 team.

Every year many teams unexpectedly underperform. Freo and St Kilda are prime examples. So it’s silly to say everybody will improve except us.

But it’s ok, you’ll be the one with egg on your face later. We aren’t finishing 16th way too much talent on our list with a great coach.

It should also be concerning that Fadge is agreeing with you. He predicted Carlton finish 11th last year and I think 13th or something this year. But enjoy the b2b failure

A tier list prediction method I've been messing around with. I've put the teams in order of where I think they'll finish within the tiers, but there's not much separating a lot of them tbh.

Tier 1: Flag Contenders
  • Brisbane
  • Collingwood
  • Carlton
  • GWS
  • Melbourne

Tier 2: Finals Contenders
  • Port Adelaide
  • Western Bulldogs
  • St. Kilda
  • Sydney
  • Geelong
  • Essendon
  • Gold Coast
  • Adelaide
  • Hawthorn

Tier 3: No Man's Land
  • Fremantle
  • Richmond

Tier 4: Pick 1 Contenders
  • North Melbourne
  • West Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A tier list prediction method I've been messing around with. I've put the teams in order of where I think they'll finish within the tiers, but there's not much separating a lot of them tbh.

• Brisbane
  • Collingwood
  • Carlton
  • GWS
  • Melbourne

• Port Adelaide
  • Western Bulldogs
  • St. Kilda
  • Sydney
  • Geelong
  • Essendon
  • Gold Coast
  • Adelaide
  • Hawthorn

• Fremantle
  • Richmond

• North Melbourne
  • West Coast
I agree with most of this, but I think Port, Doggies and Sydney are an outside chance at the flag so probably deserve their own tier somewhere inbetween.

• Brisbane
  • Collingwood
  • Carlton
  • GWS
  • Melbourne

• Port Adelaide
  • Western Bulldogs
  • St. Kilda
  • Sydney
  • Geelong
  • Essendon
  • Gold Coast
  • Adelaide
  • Hawthorn

• Fremantle
  • Richmond

• North Melbourne
  • West Coast
Very good summary.

Only question mark I would have is over Melbourne. I could just as easily git them in Tier 2. In fact you could make an entire Tier 1.5 and put Melbourne and Western Bulldogs in there.

• Brisbane
  • Collingwood
  • Carlton
  • GWS
  • Melbourne
Most of these I agree with but I think Melbourne will be sliding big time this year. Wouldn’t have them anywhere near flag contention.

Every year many teams unexpectedly underperform. Freo and St Kilda are prime examples. So it’s silly to say everybody will improve except us.

But it’s ok, you’ll be the one with egg on your face later. We aren’t finishing 16th way too much talent on our list with a great coach.

It should also be concerning that Fadge is agreeing with you. He predicted Carlton finish 11th last year and I think 13th or something this year. But enjoy the b2b failure
You seem to have taken it personally that I think Richmond is a bottom 3 team. Ouch!

It seems you’re relying on other mid range teams to underperform. You also said that Martin will continue how he left off 2023 in AA form. You’re hoping Lynch plays 20 games.

Interestingly, you haven’t mentioned potential improvement in young players.

And the best of the lot is your perceived reliance on a new coach. A guy who has never coached a senior AFL club, yet you have already proclaimed he is a ‘great’ coach.

Hardwick got the best out of your list, and he took off mid season. Your list hasn’t changed 12 months later. Not much there to get excited about.

Last edited:
You seem to have taken it personally that I think Richmond is a bottom 3 team. Ouch!

It seems you’re relying on other mid range teams to underperform. You also said that Martin will continue how he left off 2023 in AA form. You’re hoping Lynch plays 20 games.

Interestingly, you haven’t mentioned potential improvement in young players.

And the best of the lot is your perceived reliance on a new coach. A guy who has never coached a senior AFL club, yet you have already proclaimed he is a ‘great’ coach.

Hardwick got the best out of your list, and he took off mid season. Your list hasn’t changed 12 months later. Not much there to get excited about.

I’d love pick 3 wdym? I just don’t think it’s going to happen unfortunately.

Our W/L record also improved when Hardwick left ya nong. Pies people are quite special.

Most of these I agree with but I think Melbourne will be sliding big time this year. Wouldn’t have them anywhere near flag contention.

Entirely fair. I guess I'm a believer in their upside. They were just about the best team in the comp for a while last season even with Oliver out. I put them at the bottom of Tier 1 for a reason, but they have the ability to win the flag if everything clicks into gear even though I think it's unlikely. Whereas I don't see the ceilings of the teams in Tier 2 being good enough to knock off the Pies/Lions.

“Way too much talent”. You finished 13th last year and the list has not improved. Bottom six very likely, bottom four very reasonable.

Worst forward line in the game.

HF: Martin Balta Bolton
FF: Cumberland Lynch Baker/or improving young player.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back