List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

He was probably on track to win our best and fairest last year before he missed those 4 games later last year, so it’s a bit unfair to say he’s been rubbish.

I think the hamstring injuries and whatever program they have had him on hasn’t paid dividends. Seems a bit tentative and maybe a game in the vfl wouldn’t be the worst thing for him.
At what point in my post did I say he’s been rubbish?

Please by all means disagree with me, but don’t put words in my mouth.

The binns pick is the one that annoys me the most. However reality is we haven’t had the picks higher in the draft. Someone like berry, taj hottton, Kako should be prioritised as well as a mature aged key defender and then maybe draft a key defender next year
Yeh I didn’t like the pick at the time but atm there are probably only 3 players taken after him in the entire draft showing much or would be a good fit for us.

I would really like the club to explain why we signed Cottrell & Durdin to 2 years deals so early?

List spots are gold and it’s not as if they were going elsewhere
No different to 4 years to Pitto last year, when the club was in disarray.

The explanation then, was multiple clubs were chasing him.

Its quite unbelievable

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

The binns pick is the one that annoys me the most. However reality is we haven’t had the picks higher in the draft. Someone like berry, taj hottton, Kako should be prioritised as well as a mature aged key defender and then maybe draft a key defender next year
The problem is picks outside of the top 20, hell even the top 15 are more often miss than hit.
Philp pick always annoyed me, at least he had crazy pace, but went much earlier than expected. Sure the story is we were going to grab SDK. But look through all the subsequent picks, sure a few handy players but it’s a roll of the dice for most clubs

The problem is picks outside of the top 20, hell even the top 15 are more often miss than hit.
Philp pick always annoyed me, at least he had crazy pace, but went much earlier than expected. Sure the story is we were going to grab SDK. But look through all the subsequent picks, sure a few handy players but it’s a roll of the dice for most clubs
Dev Robertson is the one I felt we should have taken at the time but even he's playing VFL and more known for getting his top ripped off than much else

They are both still playing within themselves IMO, especially Charlie,and are the only two we have. There's a whole myriad of reasons why it may or may not happen for us, that have nothing to do with the most obvious thing you observe from our last loss. Our general lack of leg speed wasn't why the Bulldogs were better than us on the night, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan was the reason.
Right... Jamarra was the reason... The guy who was getting absolutely rinsed by Weitering for half the game... Nothing to do with Charlie kicking 7 points when the game was there to be won? If having 10 good shots on goal is 'playing within yourself' then I can't help you. McKay was equally as dominant in the first half but tailed off in the 2nd.

Right... Jamarra was the reason... The guy who was getting absolutely rinsed by Weitering for half the game... Nothing to do with Charlie kicking 7 points when the game was there to be won? If having 10 good shots on goal is 'playing within yourself' then I can't help you. McKay was equally as dominant in the first half but tailed off in the 2nd.
Not to mention we were getting absolutely smashed in the centre.

I think it’s fair to say Marchbank won’t be playing for us next year, and whilst I’d like to see us get another key defender I’d also like to see JSOS and Kemp swap roles next season.

I just don’t think Kemp has the instincts of a defender nor does he have the footy smarts.

Whilst he hasn’t played much as a defender JSOS is a clever footballer so I’d much rather him down back than Kemp. On the flip side I think Kemp could play forward and has the kicking skills to be an asset forward.

Last edited:
I think it’s fair to say Marchbank won’t be playing for us next year, and I’d like to see us get another key defender I’d also like to see JSOS and Kemp swap roles next season.

I just don’t think Kemp has the instincts of a defender nor does he have the footy smarts. Whilst he hasn’t played much as a defender

JSOS is a clever footballer so I’d much rather him down back than Kemp. On the flip side I think Kemp could play forward and has the kicking skills to be an asset forward.

Definitely worth a look.

Kemps mindset would change dramatically,Jsos reads the play well.

Open to it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how/where do we get one - that is good enough and one we can afford ?
They'll either have to be young, old, out of favour or willing to take a massive pay cut for some reason. I don't know if there is a way to get one with our list the way it is without making a few changes and letting a player or two go.

Hopes of getting a quality one in their prime is 0 though.

I think it’s fair to say Marchbank won’t be playing for us next year, and whilst I’d like to see us get another key defender I’d also like to see JSOS and Kemp swap roles next season.

I just don’t think Kemp has the instincts of a defender nor does he have the footy smarts.

Whilst he hasn’t played much as a defender JSOS is a clever footballer so I’d much rather him down back than Kemp. On the flip side I think Kemp could play forward and has the kicking skills to be an asset forward.
JSOS had a pretty damn decent 2023 and I remember his game against Port where he kicked 4 and really took the game away from them early. I think many forget how good he is up forward and with chunks of last year playing as a 2nd ruck which he really shouldn’t have. The kid will come back strong in 2025 and I see no point him playing in the backline. He is a very smart footballer and playing back wouldn’t be right for him.

Kemp in the last 2 weeks has had to take Hogan (who beats most teams number 1 forward) along with having his colours lowered against the dogs. He is a 3rd tall defender and turning him into something he is not or expecting him to beat top forwards week after week isn’t going to end well. No doubt his confidence has dropped away but we as a club are expecting too much from him.

We have the nucleus for a really great team. Currently 2nd on the ladder. Games against North, Eagles and Saints (all currently bottom 4) to come out of 6. I think many people are thinking it’s the end of the line for us, but it’s really not.

If we can get McGovern back asap, add Hewett to the 1sts and do away with Pittonet and Marchbank, hopefully we can find our mojo. Martin got some kms into the legs today and will need a few more weeks in the 2s to find touch. We also have Motlop finding touch and kicking some goals who will be ready to go soon.

A key back is clearly needed in 2025 but will it be easy to bring someone in to take that role, I think not.

Teams to come that I think will trouble our backline with their talls:
North: no
Port: Dixon, lord and Marshall: yes but think we easily beat them in Melbourne.
Pies: no
Hawks: no
WCE: no
Saints: with king out, no

I like the idea of getting a second KPD but think it’s a bit of a red herring, I see our defence struggling due to high numbers of inside 50s and the speed in which the entries come.

A second key defender helps stem the bleeding but doesn’t fix the cause.

So whether it’s the half forwards aren’t capable of stopping transition or our mids don’t defend, targeting players who address this issue, will help us more with our defence.

I'm open to that move. high half forward pushes into the middle. does have pace we don't have in there

Couldn't stop our 7 goals x 2 quarters against the Giants last week.
Probably because our midfield forgot they were playing for about 45 minutes straight. We didn't fire a shot during that period.

Same thing happens to opposition when we get on top through the middle for large periods. Hence why we're 2nd on the ladder

Probably because our midfield forgot they were playing for about 45 minutes straight. We didn't fire a shot during that period.

Same thing happens to opposition when we get on top through the middle for large periods. Hence why we're 2nd on the ladder
Nothing to do with the midfield. More to do with Kemp falling over. Kemp not watching Hogan run for the short kick from a small kicking from 60metres...many more of these.

This week Boyd kicking it straight to the opposition time and time again leading to lots of scores.

Those 'numerous' calamity scores have nothing to do with midfield input. More to do with panic.

Nothing to do with the midfield. More to do with Kemp falling over. Kemp not watching Hogan run for the short kick from a small kicking from 60metres...many more of these.

This week Boyd kicking it straight to the opposition time and time again leading to lots of scores.

Those 'numerous' calamity scores have nothing to do with midfield input. More to do with panic.
Okay we'll just delist Kemp because he's 192cm tall and probably giving away 15kgs to Hogan and got his ass handed to him because Weitering was injured for 90% of the game...

And delist Boyd who most would rate as our best and most accurate kick because he had a few unusual turnovers for like the 2nd time this season.

I mean seriously... Bad individual performances happen all the time. What was the common theme in both games though? Our mids got smashed around the ball for large periods of the games and we weren't able to defend them running out the front of stoppage leading to easy scoring opportunities. Like we do to teams alllll the time.

Kemp needs to have a role change end of year and we need to find a genuine 2nd KPD option, we all know that... But shitting on him for playing out of his depth isn't going to achieve Jack ****.

Okay we'll just delist Kemp because he's 192cm tall and probably giving away 15kgs to Hogan and got his ass handed to him because Weitering was injured for 90% of the game...

And delist Boyd who most would rate as our best and most accurate kick because he had a few unusual turnovers for like the 2nd time this season.

I mean seriously... Bad individual performances happen all the time. What was the common theme in both games though? Our mids got smashed around the ball for large periods of the games and we weren't able to defend them running out the front of stoppage leading to easy scoring opportunities. Like we do to teams alllll the time.

Kemp needs to have a role change end of year and we need to find a genuine 2nd KPD option, we all know that... But shitting on him for playing out of his depth isn't going to achieve Jack ****.

No overreaction required.

I've said more than 5 times on posts here that Kemp is being thrown to the wolves. At best he should be groomed for Newman when he retires where Kemp will get a weight adv/height adv.

Kemp cant hold down the number 1 or 2 lockdown role.

So that in itself is the point. Panic is ensuing because he cant hold his feet (for good reason). This pressures him and leads to mistakes elsewhere. His mistakes/nerves run over to others...

Only Saad and Weitering win consistent one-on-ones. Think everyone has forgotten the level required...e.g. Docherty before knees who pretty much won every contest.

Boyd did just have one bad game i agree. But in the scheme of defence; i dont really get his role. Lockdown but his one skills is elite kicking...or is it rebound but then he doesnt get in chains anywhere enough. The MC needs to solve this pjzzle and give them clear defined roles that suit the traits they have.

Each time i post, i reason it out and provide a theme/story. Don't over-react... simply just state your points clearly. i'll listen. And if they are good, i'll probably re-use them and claim them.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back