List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very concerned if this is true.

NOTHING is guaranteed. We could have an avalanche of injuries next year or our form could fluctuate too much and miss out on finals.

These things, as well as players being forced into retirement through injury or requesting trades, could also happen in the years after that.

We're in a genuine position to steal a flag this year and we should be behaving as if that's the goal rather than potentially throwing away a qualifying final at home.
Over reaction much.
We are dead set “having a go” this year, but we may be hastening the timeline. It seems they have set a program for “adding layers”. They also set about elevating the fitness and durability of the group. Thinking they have been reluctant to delay that timeline, thus adding some short term pressures on a variety of fronts.

I have a great deal more faith in the group than most on here, we will go deep. Just don’t believe they will put off some steps.

I am less concerned with the statistics than most on here.

I believe Voss and the team have targeted 2025 as our serious flag assault. This is why we are currently changing up our combinations and structures, which has our supporter group spooked and angry. They will revert to the “one wood” soon enough, but are continuously working to upskill and improve the mental and physical fitness if the group.

We are subtly working a number of players through games, looking to having as many as possible fit and firing in September.

We have vulnerabilities, which make us gettable to pacy and disciplined teams. Our peripheral game is being grown, trying to limit reliance in the stars. There are a couple of clubs with the defensive tools to “blunt” Charlie and Harry in the forward half. We have had a number of small and medium forwards get off the chain at different times recently, as well as Crippa becoming a regular on the scorecard. Avenues are expanded. Not sure when it will be, but expect Charlie to “get on his bike” sometime soon, to change up the dynamics again.

Our stats aren’t perfect, but our best is irrepressible, we just have to be in the shape to bring it.
We’re second on the ladder, don’t get many opportunities better than that to win a flag…

I believe Voss and the team have targeted 2025 as our serious flag assault. This is why we are currently changing up our combinations and structures, which has our supporter group spooked and angry. They will revert to the “one wood” soon enough, but are continuously working to upskill and improve the mental and physical fitness if the group.

We are subtly working a number of players through games, looking to having as many as possible fit and firing in September.

After being ahead in the prelim at half time and losing by 15 points to a very good side, if Voss and co weren’t all in on a flag this year, they shouldn’t be coaching our club and that’s before you factor in we are sitting 2nd after 17 rounds, if they dont think this is a serious flag assault, id be shocked.

Every so often a team/club needs to innovate to get ahead of the pack, if as you suggest we are just trying new things to round out the skill set of the players and to make sure we have a healthy list come September, then its a big risk, that we can play a different way in the last few rounds or in September, than we have been able to all year.

Imo we are still a year away from a definite crack at a flag. If we win one this year even better, but still think we have a few gaps in our list that need to be addressed.
I think the Swans have a great list but dont they have big gaps in their list too? Key defence and key forward mostly, Geelong are 3rd and i still don’t know who their midfield is and couldn’t tell you their key defenders, Brisbane have gaps, Essendon too, Melbourne too.

Im not sure the gaps in our list are any worse than a lot of the teams in the 8

Imo we are still a year away from a definite crack at a flag. If we win one this year even better, but still think we have a few gaps in our list that need to be addressed.
Every team has gaps , that’s what a salary cap will do … if this team doesn’t make the grand final sitting second on the ladder , minimal injuries and an easy run home , we under achieved. This team is stacked and should be aiming for 17

Every team has gaps , that’s what a salary cap will do … if this team doesn’t make the grand final sitting second on the ladder , minimal injuries and an easy run home , we under achieved. This team is stacked and should be aiming for 17
A fair opinion, I just think we'll be better set up next year to have a crack at it. Don't think we can't win it, just reckon it will take some luck with the way we're set up going into the back end of the year.

A fair opinion, I just think we'll be better set up next year to have a crack at it. Don't think we can't win it, just reckon it will take some luck with the way we're set up going into the back end of the year.
A little pessimistic I would say.

We made a prelim last year after a disastrous 1st of half of the season.

I really think Voss and the team will turn on the afterburners when it's needed (finals).

Every club has gaps on their list…

Our issue is we leak like a sieve at scores from stoppage, 17th on the ladder.

We’re coming off a prelim last year… Sitting second on the ladder, primed for 2x home finals and a shot at a flag…

If we can fix stoppages, we’d be flag favourites…

We have vulnerabilities, which make us gettable to pacy and disciplined teams. Our peripheral game is being grown, trying to limit reliance in the stars. There are a couple of clubs with the defensive tools to “blunt” Charlie and Harry in the forward half. We have had a number of small and medium forwards get off the chain at different times recently, as well as Crippa becoming a regular on the scorecard. Avenues are expanded. Not sure when it will be, but expect Charlie to “get on his bike” sometime soon, to change up the dynamics again.

Our stats aren’t perfect, but our best is irrepressible, we just have to be in the shape to bring it.
Voss and team targetting 2025.

Where is this coming from?

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

If we could fit in Hayward for 6, find a way to fit in Barass for 3
Apparently we are more interested in adding another Charlie to our forward line.
A KPD would make a ton of sense. But the general feel across the AFL is these are easier to find from forwards that didn't work out and the big money is better spent elsewhere.
Not that we have a large amount of wiggle room as is.

Apparently we are more interested in adding another Charlie to our forward line.
A KPD would make a ton of sense. But the general feel across the AFL is these are easier to find from forwards that didn't work out and the big money is better spent elsewhere.
Max Gruzewski would be a wonderful addition to our forward line ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Mitch McGovern our most important player at the minute?

Fell in by a point against dees and beat Norf without him.

Lost 4 from 6

With him in the team:
Lost 2 from 11

Interesting stuff. Any idea on what our approach to the draft will be? Looking at trading in mature age players or bringing in some top end kids to go with the Campo twins?

Steal?
Nonsense. We are (or at least should be) genuine contenders.
I meant in a sense that it seems to be Sydney's to lose.

The fact we're currently in such a good position only strengthens the sentiment that we shouldn't be stargazing about next year.

Over reaction much.
We are dead set “having a go” this year, but we may be hastening the timeline. It seems they have set a program for “adding layers”. They also set about elevating the fitness and durability of the group. Thinking they have been reluctant to delay that timeline, thus adding some short term pressures on a variety of fronts.

I have a great deal more faith in the group than most on here, we will go deep. Just don’t believe they will put off some steps.
We can disagree about the process, but I don't appreciate being belittled when my response was well within reason.

Anyway this is veering into levels of off-topic so let's leave it at that.

A new key forward? As per bluemour from 43.

Fair enough. Both Mitch and Weiters played forward early on didn't they? Turned out ok.

BUt yeah, I take you point. Back up for Weiters definitely seems the go.

I'm not sure what the rumour means, we're after a KPF named Charlie and intend to support our backline with a failed key forward?

Apart from Charlie Dixon what other Charlies are there?

Unless we're trying to prize Charlie Comben out of North and turn him back into a key forward? But i think he's pretty essential to the Roos.

I'm not sure what the rumour means, we're after a KPF named Charlie and intend to support our backline with a failed key forward?

Apart from Charlie Dixon what other Charlies are there?

Unless we're trying to prize Charlie Comben out of North and turn him back into a key forward? But i think he's pretty essential to the Roos.

Yeh ...and Charlie Grummisch retired in 1974 - Damn !!

Harry Armstrong would be the kid to draft if we have a pick ahead of a Camporeale bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back