Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Time to move onto 2024 List Management.

Continued from here:-

TDK going out of the side injured is one of the main reasons the team lost all momentum. His rise coincided with our rise to 2nd, his injury has coincided with our fall out of the 8. His bounce around the ground and around the midfield especially when the ball is on the ground somewhat made up for our midfields lack of leg speed. Donā€™t ask me how thatā€™s possible but to my eye since heā€™s been out of the midfield weā€™ve had no drive and look like a tortoise.

Iā€™d go as far as to say Iā€™d rather trade Walsh than trade TDK. Guys like him donā€™t grow on trees.

Madness to suggest trading him. We have to do everything we can to lock him away long term.

Pitto must be traded for whatever we can get our hands on and we need to lock TDK away to a long term deal.
It's not madness to suggest he's our most valuable trade asset.
We've a bloated cap & top heavy, shallow list, the absurdity of this thread is the discussion around jettisoning the whipping boys as if it'll secure anything approaching a meaningful return at the trade table.

You trade him for two firsts this year and use one to get a B+ ruckman from another club. You don't spend $1m on a ruck.

He's far & away our most valuable trade chip.
I don't believe he'll be moved on but a significant return would go some way to addressing the holes in the side.

Tdk was routinely getting 20+ possessions and 5-10 tackles and clearances when he was on fire mid season- he plays like a big midfielder - so heā€™s a bit more valuable than the average ruckman.

We need to keep him as his importance has been highlighted by his absence. If we are going to trade players out Iā€™d be looking at Pittonet, Owies, Carroll and possibly Durdin, Cottrell and Motlop while we can get some value for them.

We also need to get Cerra and Walsh healthy again. They are really important for us. The other injury prone players Martin, Marchbank, Cuningham and S Durdin need to be delisted.

Austen needs to get the off season right otherwise heā€™ll be out the door at the end of next year and the painful 2016 rebuild might have been all for nothing more than a late season run to a preliminary final in 2023.

Tdk was routinely getting 20+ possessions and 5-10 tackles and clearances when he was on fire mid season- he plays like a big midfielder - so heā€™s a bit more valuable than the average ruckman.

We need to keep him as his importance has been highlighted by his absence. If we are going to trade players out Iā€™d be looking at Pittonet, Owies, Carroll and possibly Durdin, Cottrell and Motlop while we can get some value for them.

We also need to get Cerra and Walsh healthy again. They are really important for us. The other injury prone players Martin, Marchbank, Cuningham and S Durdin need to be delisted.

Austen needs to get the off season right otherwise heā€™ll be out the door at the end of next year and the painful 2016 rebuild might have been all for nothing more than a late season run to a preliminary final in 2023.

He was in good form, I agree.
I'm not campaigning to trade him, I just noted that he's our most valuable tradeable asset.

You aren't going to get much of anything for those you've noted, which is the reason why people are happy to push them toward the exit & on the other hand, why people squirm at the prospect of trading TDK.

I still think next year is when the big calls will be made.
Cerra, Saad, Kemp, Hewett, SOJ, Motlop, Doc, Kennedy, McGovern and Newman OOC. All on reasonable money and all replaceable. (A couple like Saad and Newman more to do with age)

People wanting to trade tdk is madness. Could be the best ruckman in 12 months time.
Tdk is and should be untouchable imo. But Iā€™d be ok with letting Harry go. I know itā€™s an unpopular decision.

I think people can see that we are paying 7 players unbelievable money and the return isnā€™t what it should be with the amount we are paying players, when other clubs arenā€™t having 7 players on huge money but are working hard as a team as compared to us, so itā€™s normal for supporters to think us scenarios as to how we can better our team.

Heā€™s a 195cm bean pole. A jet of a VFL footballer, donā€™t know whether his attributes translate to AFL level
Well I think he would be good lead up player. At least he would take a decent back man and open up the forward 50.

Tbh Iā€™d back him in. May not be perfect but has plenty of positives to make a go of it imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was in good form, I agree.
I'm not campaigning to trade him, I just noted that he's our most valuable tradeable asset.

You aren't going to get much of anything for those you've noted, which is the reason why people are happy to push them toward the exit & on the other hand, why people squirm at the prospect of trading TDK.
I just can't bare to watch pittonet any more. I would bring in Mirkov against West Coast.

I wonder if North would offer up pick 2 for either Walsh or Harry? I think they would and any chance they can get a big name through the door I feel they would jump at the chance.

Obviously 2 of our top tier players but could we use pick 2 to better effect by 1. Removing some salary and 2. Bringing in some more top talented youth.

Not a decision a club would make lightly but I just donā€™t see our club being a real threat until we have more quality youth added to the list along with a better balanced team.

Last year the Hawks, a rebuilding team, brought in via trade.

Chol
Ginnivan
Dambrosio

Then drafted Watson

All their trades cost stuff all and all have filled a need.

If Austin is any good, thereā€™s no reason why we canā€™t find players who are cheap to fill roles in our side.
At the moment I get the feeling Austin is using ChatGPT to do his recruiting.

Club have their scalp this year, in Russell.
So coaching and list management departments will get a hall passā€¦

We are in desperate need of an accountable KPD, McGovern and Kemp are both undersized and simply donā€™t cut itā€¦

So we are reportedly chasing another undersized, broken down has been in Haynesā€¦ šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

We also desperately need a speedy midfielder or two and class small forwardsā€¦

But have limited cap space and limited trade resourcesā€¦

Really donā€™t see the list being much different next year, weā€™ll have the same holesā€¦

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back