List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Walsh, Saad, Harry... these are players you keep around.

Players like Owies, Motlop, Kemp, Kennedy/Hewett etc are the types you trade if you need to reshuffle the list

Even if we were to trade Walsh we aren't getting anything better via the draft, nobody even close. And we certainly wouldn't all of the sudden not be slow anymore by trading our fastest midfielder.

No no, you don't seem to get it...

We trade Sam Walsh so we can get draft picks and get some youth into our system. And these picks could be anything! Hell, they could even be as good as Sam Walsh!

How quickly we forget how ****ing good this guy was in the finals last year. Literally won best finals player despite not playing in the grand final.

Yesterday was miserable. One of the worst days of being a Carlton supporter while I've been alive. But let's all take a deep breath, and make sure we're posting with a level head.

Club have their scalp this year, in Russell.
So coaching and list management departments will get a hall passā€¦

We are in desperate need of an accountable KPD, McGovern and Kemp are both undersized and simply donā€™t cut itā€¦

So we are reportedly chasing another undersized, broken down has been in Haynesā€¦ šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

We also desperately need a speedy midfielder or two and class small forwardsā€¦

But have limited cap space and limited trade resourcesā€¦

Really donā€™t see the list being much different next year, weā€™ll have the same holesā€¦

Have heard we'll ask the question on Rachele.

Vic country boy who trained at Carlton and was a diehard bagger prior to being drafted.

Has a long term contract with the Crows BUT... if they're themselves after a contracted Jack Lukosious AND Clayton Oliver therein may present an opportunity.

Last edited:
No no, you don't seem to get it...

We trade Sam Walsh so we can get draft picks and get some youth into our system. And these picks could be anything! Hell, they could even be as good as Sam Walsh!

How quickly we forget how ****ing good this guy was in the finals last year. Literally won best finals player despite not playing in the grand final.

Yesterday was miserable. One of the worst days of being a Carlton supporter while I've been alive. But let's all take a deep breath, and make sure we're posting with a level head.
Trouble is, Russell has destroyed our trade currency.
Walsh is a brilliant player at his best, absolutely no doubt about that whatsoever but the reality is that the current midfield won't get us #17.
We also haven't drafted anyone that looks even remotely like being the next wave.

Elijah is good but he's not a Walsh/Cripps type.
Cowan is next but he isn't either.

The list of people that are possible trade options won't get us a first round pick, let alone top 10.
Some, eg McGovern have even shown the last few weeks that they aren't up to the pressure.

So my point being that to get quality you have to be prepared to trade quality.

Have heard we'll ask the question on Rachele.

Vic country boy who trained at Carlton and was a diehard bagger prior to being drafted.

Has a long term contract with the Crows BUT... if they're themselves are after a contracted Jack Lukosious AND Clayton Oliver therein may present an opportunity.
Nice thought but extremely unlikely they'd let him go.

I want Mirkov to play against West Coast.

Played his best Ressies game on Saturday, Pitto is struggling. We are about to make some monumental list management decisions, time to get a realistic assessment as to where Mirkov sits.

If Mirk proves up to it, we may be in a position to field offers for Pitto. We have Oā€™Keeffe likely ready after another pre season, with Young and potentially Lemmey as pinch hitters.

Providing he re-signs, TDK is our number one for the foreseeable future. It is an even draft with decent prospects to fifty or even sixty depending on needs. Draft capital will be critical.

We need to come out of the draft with a quality running mid or half back with quality ball use, we also need a bankable, quick small forward, and we absolutely need one or even two developing key position players.

Mirkov can be a cheap cog for the future, he can be a list clogger or he can be delisted. Letā€™s get a fair dinkum assessment. West Coast has an average ruck group, Mirk whould have the chance to shine. He has been building in the back half of the VFL season, enough that he could be a viable prospect.
I like this. Bring him in and just let him tag the opposition ruck.. will take him around the ground and to contests... what have we got to lose....... actually, don't answer that.

Trouble is, Russell has destroyed our trade currency.
Walsh is a brilliant player at his best, absolutely no doubt about that whatsoever but the reality is that the current midfield won't get us #17.
We also haven't drafted anyone that looks even remotely like being the next wave.

Elijah is good but he's not a Walsh/Cripps type.
Cowan is next but he isn't either.

The list of people that are possible trade options won't get us a first round pick, let alone top 10.
Some, eg McGovern have even shown the last few weeks that they aren't up to the pressure.

So my point being that to get quality you have to be prepared to trade quality.
How have you deduced that.
Just from soft tissue injuries? or the denied rumours that they have been through an intensive training block?

How have you deduced that.
Just from soft tissue injuries? or the denied rumours that they have been through an intensive training block?
You know of any club that wants to get rid of first round picks so that they can get a guy that's gonna play 8-10 games a year?
Please contact Austin asap if you do.

Bit of an overreaction here.

Trade Saad? Kemp? Walsh?

Ridiculous.

I don't expect anyone who's not on that out of contract list to leave. And potentially Owies to stay.

Issue is gameplan and availability of players. Not the list.

View attachment 2077215
The list is also an issue with the balance we have. Not enough complimentary players around our stars

Regardless of leg speed, we need players with good foot skills who can hit a target, whether under pressure or not.
Weiters is our worst offender with the hack kicks out of defence.

Skills should be our no.1 priority, and build from that.

I think one of our A graders needs to be traded for the highest pick possible.

Harry, Charlie, Cripps and Weitering are untouchable. That's the spine, and when fit and firing, it's one of the best in the business.

TDK, although not an A grader yet should also be untouchable.
Cerra isn't an A grader but he has no trade value because of the hammy issues, so he's a retain and invest.

That only leaves Walsh.
He's a very valuable player to us but he'd also be very valuable to another Vic club.

We haven't been shrewd enough with either our trading or our pick selections but look what North has put together with their midfield picks.

I dunno. It's all a head**** because as usual, we've ****ed it all up, again.

Cmon man, you want to trade Walsh do you? Heā€™s 24 for gods sake

Laughable

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of leg speed, we need players with good foot skills who can hit a target, whether under pressure or not.
Weiters is our worst offender with the hack kicks out of defence.

Skills should be our no.1 priority, and build from that.
Easier to hit targets when they're in space because they can get separation with their run.

Of course, but in our current side there aren't many i trust to even do that.
McGovern, Newman, Saad, Elijah, Fog, Williams, Charlie, Harry

That's about it in a tight game imo. But it's impossible to consistently hit targets when nobody is creating space from their opponents

We don't need to trade the cream players. Hard enough to find them. We just thrashed by a side that has appeared to have no trouble finding players later in the draft and through other means.

We all have no faith in our recruiting team finding players outside the first round (or even in the first round). It's showing more and more that that is the case.

Same recruiting team pretty much for 10 years. Just a change of head.

It's time to start point the fingers at the source. If there is a bunch of teams doing better than them they need to go.

Sadly we have had to get a bunch of players from other clubs to climb the ladder. Our team is built from early picks who anyone could draft and trades.

This is the problem with our team.

Look at our midfield. They are all obvious early draft picks or traded in from other clubs. The amount of early picks spent on midfielders who didn't turn out is horrific at Carlton.

Cmon man, you want to trade Walsh do you? Heā€™s 24 for gods sake

Laughable

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No, what's laughable is that many other clubs have rebuilt several times since the salary cap penalties and won premierships.
We've done **** all except totally **** every single ****ing rebuild we've had.

But hey let's just plod along and **** another one up.

****in laughable.

Austin would be sacked on the spot if he traded Walsh or Cerra

Walsh has been playing under duress the whole seasonā€¦.Fitness department, head of footy have plenty of explaining to doā€¦..

A fit Cerra is exactly the midfielder we needed as a point of difference to the rest

Walsh is an endurance machine and his best (just go back 12 months August/September 23) is highly damaging

You cannot reproduce these type of footballers easily

GET THEM FIT, KEEP THEM FIT

Bash and crash canā€™t be sustained for a 27 week seasonā€¦.we have run out of steam plain and simply

I just can't bare to watch pittonet any more. I would bring in Mirkov against West Coast.

I would too.

When I watch pitto plodding around not knowing how to mark the ball and jogging like he's on a treadmill. Rocket Eades spray on Will Minson just plays in my brain on repeat

what do you guys see with Mirkov?

He has 100+ less disposals than other fringe rucks who have played less VFL than him (Nick Bryan, Tom Campbell) and 100+ less hit outs than Nick Bryan despite playing an extra game

He will be delisted, he wonā€™t get a crack - Hudson Oā€™Keefe will become R3 and be viable in year two or three (as Pitto approaches the end)

Mirkov is not going to solve the problem

I would too.

When I watch pitto plodding around not knowing how to mark the ball and jogging like he's on a treadmill. Rocket Eades spray on Will Minson just plays in my brain on repeat
Yeah me too, who gives a damn that Mirkov is comfortably worse.
We want change dammit.

The list is also an issue with the balance we have. Not enough complimentary players around our stars
Only slight imbalance in the midfield and that's it for me. Too many inside mids.

Other than that we have stars and great role players on every line.

No need to trade any stars. Just focus a bit more on bringing some outside run and carry and another KPD.

If anyone thinks we need to trade Saad, Walsh, Kemp or anyone of that ilk, you need to remember it's those players that got us into 2nd place to begin with.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back