List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pleased for Joe but heartbreaking at the same time.

His type of player was such a point of difference that it literally takes two players to fill that roll. Problem for us is that we don’t have two players to perform one of those roles let alone two now that Joes retired.

Still on a high of our premiership win but it feels bittersweet now.

Henry Smith seems the most logical replacement but doubt he is ready for a full season. My guess is we go to two rucks and rotate them forward, especially if they get rid of the sub this off-season

This is where I’m at. Rotate them both forward and hope natural progression sees some improvement from him. The upside of someone else taking more of the ruck is Oscar will be less tired during games and there be less wear and tear on him. We have the benefit of having multiple forward marking targets so the hit to our forward line may not be quite as bad as we fear.

And thanks for getting us a flag Joe- it’d be great for him to play on but he owes us nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we go after Tom Lynch?

You’d have to give him multiple years and I think his deal is back ended because he was the highest paid player in the AFL this year, with (I think) two years to go. And that’s without being a walking injury. It’s a no from me.

You’d have to give him multiple years and I think his deal is back ended because he was the highest paid player in the AFL this year, with (I think) two years to go. And that’s without being a walking injury. It’s a no from me.
Who carries our forward line from a key forward perspective next year? The way I see it we have three options:
  • Trade in a key forward
  • Play a combination of Brandon Ryan/Henry Smith and Oscar up forward
  • Small forward line/chaos ball
Don't think we can rely on Eric as our main key forward at least not with another genuine foil. He's essentially a 200cm flanker and doesn't have the presence we need up forward IMO.

The winds of change are circling....time to finally see Dad up forward especially with our ACLs returning. Impossible to forget you Joe...thanks.

8 games in two years, no thanks.

Genuinely would rather take in Casboult as a DFA to play max 10 games and save McMorris from having to vontest every high ball. And that's with me really disliking Casboult's weirdo anti-vaxx wife.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back