List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

At minimum will end up with 1, 6, 10, 13, 18, 20, 24.

They'll definitely trade some of those out for future picks because you surely don't want to take 7 high picks in one year and force simultaneous contracting decisions on all of them 2-3 years down the line.
Might even trade 6 and one other for North's pick 2

What is everyone thinking re the mid season draftees - who would we rate enough to keep?

Beecken seems likely, the other 2 might depend on list spots?
McLachlan is contracted for 2025 already.

Interesting we are happy to let players look around would that assume we see more potential upside in the mid season draftees?
I would think so. We picked them for a reason.

Just occurred to me that because of academies and father and son picks, we can abuse this system even more to our advantage. We don't need a first rounder, as points are more valuable, so we can have a bidding war for it, so other cubs can give us their points while we give them our first pick. Clubs like Richmond have no use for points, so they can pay us overs in points because it benefits them. Like it does with us. Although, that makes this feels even more of a rort, haha.

Just occurred to me that because of academies and father and son picks, we can abuse this system even more to our advantage. We don't need a first rounder, as points are more valuable, so we can have a bidding war for it, so other cubs can give us their points while we give them our first pick. Clubs like Richmond have no use for points, so they can pay us overs in points because it benefits them. Like it does with us. Although, that makes this feels even more of a rort, haha.

That's been happening the whole time under this bidding system.

So, we now have: 32, 34, 42, 43, 45, 60, & 66
Might package 60 with Harry and get an earlier pick from Demons.

Hmmm. Didn't think we'd actually need to trade out a future 2. Would have liked to have kept a full set of picks for next year for Annable because it is going to be so much harder to match a bid.

They'll change the rules to trade 2026 and 2027 picks, I think we'll have more flexibility then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah not sure how I feel about trading out future picks unless it’s for a known quantity. The Ryan trade last year has me spooked about anything in the future.
we can maybe trade on the night and obtain another club's F2 or F3, we will hopefully be in a good position to wheel and deal especially if the Tigers choose to annoint one of their own kids as the number 1 pick.

Might package 60 with Harry and get an earlier pick from Demons.

They'll change the rules to trade 2026 and 2027 picks, I think we'll have more flexibility then.

Yeah they have, problem we run into is that the extra picks we will need to match bids next year are more scarce given the reduced points value of later selections. So fewer picks we can trade into.

We'll 100% manage to do it without any worries, but I'd like to have kept flexibility so we aren't constantly having to loan ourselves picks from the future to match current bids. Reduces our trade currency to attack players if we want to.

Of course if we lose Starce or Cam then we won't have any issues, but that's not preferred scenario!

For the people who don’t follow the points system as closely, if say there’s been a (wink wink) side deal with Richmond and Levi instead goes at 2, and Marshall say at 17 (too early?), would the points we’ve now acquired cover that ?

That makes over 2400 points if we have 7 list spots available. Having 32 and 34 are solid picks to trade at the start of the draft, will easily see a tidy little profit made there as well I’d imagine.

Any worries about trading our future pick, we will be basically turning picks 20, our R3 and our 2025 R2 selection into Ashcroft and Marshall, that’s great trading.

For the people who don’t follow the points system as closely, if say there’s been a side deal with Richmond and Levi instead goes at 2, and Marshall say at 17 (too early?), would the points we’ve now acquired cover that ?

We now have enough to match a Levi bid at pick 1 with basically all those picks. A pick 2 bid leaves us with about 446 points left which isn't enough for a Marshall bid at pick 17 (need 820 to match a pick 17 bid with the 20% discount), but we'll do more trades to improve our hand.

Basically need to just add pick 40ish worth of value to our hand between now and actually matching the marshall bid. Easy to do with Moar trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back