List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

In all seriousness, do you think GWS has lost much during this period? Or should be much the same next year?
More likely to improve from natural development than anything - they're still a young team, and none of the losses are too bad. Perryman is pretty vanilla, Cumming barely plays most years, and Peatling is replaceable but probably the bigger loss given his impact in the middle late this year.

If he really is on $500k then no other club will touch that contract.

I would love him to have a fantastic year next year, force his way into the team and become a premiership player. When all the clubs that rejected him come knocking, he’s, “Get stuffed! I’m staying with the lions!”

I can dream, can’t I? Let me have this! 😂

I'd be putting money on the Giants for next season GF I don't think they lost anyone and added a 40 goal a year fwd

You seem very enamored to the old package

More likely to improve from natural development than anything - they're still a young team, and none of the losses are too bad. Perryman is pretty vanilla, Cumming barely plays most years, and Peatling is replaceable but probably the bigger loss given his impact in the middle late this year.
Any chance Leake steps up from next year? Didn’t follow his progress much this season.

Also what’re your thoughts on Fonti? Looked a natural to me when he played seniors this year. Likely candidate to step into the Perryman role?

Assume Gothard might be stuck behind the likes of Daniels & Jones for now?

They’re in a good spot in the draft to add some quality players. I think GWS will be fine pending the fallout from this Mad Monday thing but that will likely be largely forgotten about come the new year so shouldn’t be overly destabilising.

I’d still rate GWS a contender next season personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance Leake steps up from next year? Didn’t follow his progress much this season.
Definitely hope so. He's got the pedigree.
Also what’re your thoughts on Fonti? Looked a natural to me when he played seniors this year. Likely candidate to step into the Perryman role?
Too loose to replace Perryman to start with. Fonti is a great rebound option but needs more accountability.
Assume Gothard might be stuck behind the likes of Daniels & Jones for now?
I think Kingsley will try to get him in sooner than later. He's as big a fan of MOAR SPEED as Clarkson.
They’re in a good spot in the draft to add some quality players. I think GWS will be fine pending the fallout from this Mad Monday thing but that will likely be largely forgotten about come the new year so shouldn’t be overly destabilising.

I’d still rate GWS a contender next season personally.
I broadly agree

I genuinely had no idea who Peatling was until that second quarter late in the year against us at the Gabba when he got a bunch of centre clearances.

We have 5 senior list spots more than likely Prior goes that's 6
We have eight rookies for six spots (two uncontracted) so we'll either need to delist or upgrade, and the latter cuts into our active picks too. So right now we effectively only have three active picks (assuming Prior moves on).

Midfield depth would be the concern. Big year to see if Callaghan can play more genuine mid or if he’s purely outside.

So is it a case now that we see how we can do some draft pick swaps to increase our overall points or is that left to draft night?

I’m still confused by the Saints draft pick swap but perhaps our recruiters are brewing something.
It’s really not hard to understand.

We probably can only take 5 picks to the draft.

If we did not make the trade, we would have left pick 49 behind and lost it’s 287 points.

So we package 2 picks up for 1 higher pick, which we hope to then trade on draft night for more points.

32 (584) + 45 (347) = 931 points
27 (703) + 49 (287) = 990 points

So we have a net gain of 59 points, plus anything extra we get from a live draft night trade.

If the Bulldogs trade picks 35 (522) + 48 (302) = 824 points, for pick 27 (703), that’ll give us a 121 points upgrade, and we’re 160 points better off had we not made the St Kilda trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back