List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

If this season is anything to go by then let’s say our window is shut for the next 3-4 years. Not that we’ll be hopeless, just not srs contenders anymore.

I would be cautious paying the world for McCluggage. Great player but he has severe limitations defensively and is very slow. The end usually comes quicker for the slower players. I would even say a million flat is overs but given his loyalty then I’d be happy to make him a million dollar player.

If other clubs want to go silly with 1.3 million dollar bids then we can match (as we probs have the space) and force a trade pending how low we finish this year.

Anyone with trade value in the next couple of years needs to be seriously considered for moving on for the right place. There is a fine line also, don’t want to move players that don’t ask for a move but we do probably have a few that aren’t happy with their current roles. There are some at every club.

We must get into the next few drafts before Tassie come in. Build a bigger undercurrent of younger talent whilst we still have a lot of older players that can shoulder some of the load for them. Then look to use some cap space in the Tassie years to get a big fish or two and go again for the next 7-8 years.

I watched the VFL yesterday and I wouldn’t say we are well stocked for young talent coming through.

I'm with you. If Cluggs wants to go because he has received some ridiculous offer, let him. Same as Berry. Honestly, I wouldn't be against seeing what we could get for Neale as well. Obviously he is our midfield but he is banged up and if some club was willing to offer ridiculously good draft picks at us, we should consider it. If we could get some high end talent in, in addition to LAshcroft and Marshall (and the other academy kid), we set ourselves up for another run in 3-4 years as you say.

Now yes, this sounds absurd and I am NOT pushing Neale out the door, just looking with one eye to the future. These guys were almost good enough but almost isn't what you play for. GWS, Geelong and Collingwood have all shown in recent years that if you move on some big name players and replace them correctly, you can come back stronger.

I'd definitely be sniffing around to see what players might be available that no one actually knows yet are available, your Grundies, Mitchells, Beams for example.

Would Elliot Yeo come back?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey dlanod is UFA Isaac Cumming worth having a look at as a winger for us?

Seems to spend more time off the field than on.
Injured a lot. A better rebounding defender than anything, and can take a decent intercept mark, but GWS has KPDs that can intercept and can play better attacking options as a result. GWS tries him on a wing every now and then but he just seems to disappear without a trace there - it's actually a bit of a head scratcher why. He just isn't a natural.

I read a bit into that.

1- Tom said Dimma focuses on what you can do well rather than what your not good at, I love playing this system.
2- Jarrod said we always knew he(Tom) had it but it's whether the coach had that trust in him to do it, you can see he has got it now.
3- Hugh's decision factors into what Jarrod will do.
Points 1 & 2, not too subtle dig at the current coach? Jarrod seemed ho hum and very business like re what decision he will make, loyalty to Hugh, not so much to the club is the vibe I got. Must say after listening to that I am a tad worried about what Hugh and Jarrod will do.

So in other words, Hugh goes, Jerry goes. No issue from my perspective saving $2M in cap space that could be better used.

Hugh will get paid around 1.1 million. No chance in hell Bez gets 900. Don't think he'll get 500 at this stage.

That’s probably the first time we’ve heard from either him or Hugh about their contracts, certainly since the season started.

I must admit it certainly didn’t fill me with confidence that they’d be hanging around, although I guess the manager could also be telling their player to give nothing away in the media.

I read a bit into that.

1-
Tom said Dimma focuses on what you can do well rather than what your not good at, I love playing this system.
2- Jarrod said we always knew he(Tom) had it but it's whether the coach had that trust in him to do it, you can see he has got it now.
3- Hugh's decision factors into what Jarrod will do.
Points 1 & 2, not too subtle dig at the current coach? Jarrod seemed ho hum and very business like re what decision he will make, loyalty to Hugh, not so much to the club is the vibe I got. Must say after listening to that I am a tad worried about what Hugh and Jarrod will do.

I reckon you read a bit too much into that Jason lol.

My take was the stuff about focusing on what someone can do rather than what they can't was aimed more at Stuart Dew than Fagan. Same with what Bez said.

Interviews are so chopped up though, you can't be certain of anything really.

Even when Berry was talking about how Hugh's decision would be a factor, you could tell there was quite a bit more he was saying about it, but you don't get to hear that.

My biggest recent memory of Berry was when he was talking about Fagan after the semi final win against Melbourne.

I'd do anything for that bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon you read a bit too much into that Jason lol.

My take was the stuff about focusing on what someone can do rather than what they can't was aimed more at Stuart Dew than Fagan. Same with what Bez said.

Interviews are so chopped up though, you can't be certain of anything really.

Even when Berry was talking about how Hugh's decision would be a factor, you could tell there was quite a bit more he was saying about it, but you don't get to hear that.

My biggest recent memory of Berry was when he was talking about Fagan after the semi final win against Melbourne.

I'd do anything for that bloke.
I would prefer you were right and I am wrr wrrrrr wrrr ong.

Jarrod has been good the last few weeks.

I would prefer you were right and I am wrr wrrrrr wrrr ong.

Jarrod has been good the last few weeks.
Maybe just wanting a bit more dosh than what's likely.

I think we're so low on the radar that a commercial news station wouldn't bother chopping up footage to present a different narrative to what he said.

Seemed fairly clear to me from his own words.

Clearly this is the year where some tough decisions might be made if we regress significantly enough.

Our strong preference is to resign Berry and McCluggage.

Unless something's changed I'd very very surprised if Clug didn't commit and we pay up

With Bez it all depends on what offers come in for him. I strongly doubt he'll get one from the Suns.

Our strong preference is to resign Berry and McCluggage.

Unless something's changed I'd very very surprised if Clug didn't commit and we pay up

With Bez it all depends on what offers come in for him. I strongly doubt he'll get one from the Suns.

Even if you wanted to contemplate moving them on this is the worst year possible to do it.

I want to keep good players on my team.

Even if you wanted to contemplate moving them on this is the worst year possible to do it.

Not if you forced trades although I doubt Jerry gets you much. Hugh could be worth two future firsts and or a player of you forced a trade

Whether you think you're paying overs or not there's no one on our list to replace them with and to get someone comparable you're going to have to cough up a similar amount anyway. That's if you could find anyone.

Of course if you thought the era's over and we need to regenerate and rebuild different story. But highly doubtful we'd be thinking that.

Not if you forced trades although I doubt Jerry gets you much. Hugh could be worth two future firsts and or a player of you forced a trade

Only two teams have multiple first round picks this year - gold coast and freo. Sydney has an end of first round pick to go with their own pick but at best that's going to be in the early 20s.

Due to AFL rules teams can't trade out picks two years in advance - so we aren't getting market value for Hugh unless he went to a gold coast or a freo, and we could take their extra picks and use them to trade up, or trade into 2025. And I doubt he picks either of those. No one currently has multiple future picks because no one can have multiple future picks until trade period.

I'd be most concerned about the black hole salary cap down in geelong frankly, and if he decided to leave and picked there we'd get piss all in a trade.

Whether you think you're paying overs or not there's no one on our list to replace them with and to get someone comparable you're going to have to cough up a similar amount anyway. That's if you could find anyone.

Of course if you thought the era's over and we need to regenerate and rebuild different story. But highly doubtful we'd be thinking that.

Even then, we know we've got a guaranteed top 5 pick father-son pick this year. Maybe sam marshall is a pick in the 20s as well.

What draft picks can we get in this year that won't get eaten up by bidding? I don't want to have a bunch of 2025 picks that we are waiting on, if we are doing the regenerate the list thing it would be with the view that we get in highly rated kids now to replenish while we still have lachie, Joe, etc around.

I just don't think it makes sense.

People are getting a little concerned with Clug's form in games where the whole team has stunk it up.

Yes he's been below average but he's a class player only 26 who's normally consistent and resilient. He's a hard trainer and task master on himself and a good role model.

Players like that are like gold. I think if Ashcroft comes back and starts showing some form Clug will be better than what he has been this year so far.

I'm up for trading anyone if it's a good deal but knocking him out for some pie in the sky picks doesn't make sense unless you thought he was on the way down . I don't think that's the case.

Besides which he's very likely to get some offers and if he does we can assess it then. I'd be a lot happier if he just signed up. I believe there's an offer on the table.

Back