List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The club has been in talks with him for a month or so and he has been getting himself back AFL ready fit apparently.
Seriously, wtf for?

Unless there’s a mass exodus coming, because of something that didn’t happen last offseason, why do we need to Mathieson.

For “kulcha” reasons?

Or to improve our VFL team?

Don't see Charlie going. His missus is a Brisbanite, has a couple of homes up here, would be silly for him to move at this point in his career.

That being said, if his recent form is injury related and his body is stuffed (like the Beams), then I can see the club trading him out.

No reports of him wanting to leave though - all just eyes being on him. Same happened last time, same happened with Neale when he resigned (although there was a small amount of smoke to the fire).
Could also be that he’s burnt a few bridges with fellow teammates given his inability to use WhatsApp and the detrimental impact it’s had on some players personal lives.

From 1:14:49 :)

Ah yes thank you.

Sounds interesting, and could certainly be Darcy but I have a slight feeling it could be Max King even. Darcy is doing very well this year and is F/S for the dogs so I think he may feel comfortable. King on the other hand had spent another year on a St Kilda team that’s not really valuing attacking play at all and Ben is at the Gold Coast already.

Joe could easily retire earlier than expected if he’s had enough. He’s already 30 and he does feel like the type to not want to go on too long.

I’d love either but there’s no names named anyway.

Ah yes thank you.

Sounds interesting, and could certainly be Darcy but I have a slight feeling it could be Max King even. Darcy is doing very well this year and is F/S for the dogs so I think he may feel comfortable. King on the other hand had spent another year on a St Kilda team that’s not really valuing attacking play at all and Ben is at the Gold Coast already.

Joe could easily retire earlier than expected if he’s had enough. He’s already 30 and he does feel like the type to not want to go on too long.

I'd bet everything on the name not being Sam Darcy. He's not leaving the dogs - his father is on the board. Max King isn't out of contract soon enough for it to make sense.

Max King RFA at the end of 2026.

If St Kilda continues to play Ross ball, they may have a very high draft pick in 2026. A band 1 compensation pick may be attractive to them.

Right before Tassie comes in to the comp as well, and starts impacting how ever many drafts.

Max King RFA at the end of 2026.

If St Kilda continues to play Ross ball, they may have a very high draft pick in 2026. A band 1 compensation pick may be attractive to them.

Right before Tassie comes in to the comp as well, and starts impacting how ever many drafts.
They really need to get rid of band 1 compensation to encourage teams to try and keep their players. It was an easy decision for a North to let go of Ben McKay when they got pick 3 out of it, more than they would have got in a trade. And now they're 0-11.

Only other name that makes a little sense is Harry Himmelberg, if he wants to move to Brisbane to be close to his parents.

Think we went into this last year when he re-signed with GWS, but not sure his parents are in Qld anymore - wasn't particualrly clear.

Regardless, re-signed last year on a big deal so not realistic imo (and is way better as a third tall back).

Mitch Cleary was pretty emphatic on his podcast that Clug will re-sign in the next few weeks.

Also made the (accurate point) that under the old salary cap numbers, about 60 players were on 800k plus, and that he expects about 60 players to be on a million plus in the next few years with the 20% increase in the cap.

View was that Clug's contract to stay with us will be in the 950k-1mill 50 range, whereas he could have got 1.2+ from the Saints etc.

Other bit of discussion - keep an eye for Essendon for Bez. Was more speculation than actual mail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, wtf for?

Unless there’s a mass exodus coming, because of something that didn’t happen last offseason, why do we need to Mathieson.

For “kulcha” reasons?

72 games for Lions. So we can get him another 12 games this year and 16 next year and all father son are ours !!! Go well Matho and produce as many little Mathieson's as possible.

Only other name that makes a little sense is Harry Himmelberg, if he wants to move to Brisbane to be close to his parents.

Harry Himmelberg is no Ace up our sleeve though. May be a Jack at best.

Seriously, wtf for?

For “kulcha” reasons?

For the any% ASADA infraction speed run video.

Will do absurd numbers for the club’s social platforms.

Seriously, wtf for?

For “kulcha” reasons?

For the content BT. For the content.

Seriously, wtf for?

For “kulcha” reasons?

They may have had discussions with him as a bit of a fall back option if one they are after is already gone.
Or it may be a diversionary tactic by the club because another club is interested in the same player for one of the later picks?
Either way I wouldn’t read too much into it because it may well be wrong.

With the amount of Charlie Cameron to Fremantle chatter on the two WA boards, I’m surprised nothing’s been mentioned here.

Ah yes thank you.

Isn't Max King any unreliable kick for goal - surely, we need someone like Fogarty who is a reliable set shot given that one of our major issues has been flaky goalkicking.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back