List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Alex Davies worth a punt. Out next gen midfield is small and I rate him. Really unfortunate suspension as his game that day was very good. Big bodied and can rotate forward. Prefers to stay in QLD but I think Hardwick doesn’t want him to leave. Though talk of a move to Pies??

Would be a good option for us.

LIONS OPEN TALKS ON YOUNGSTER

BRISBANE is locked in talks to extend first-year forward Logan Morris for another couple of seasons, after the teenager burst onto the scene this season.

Morris has played 15 of the last 16 games for the Lions, kicking 18 goals and forming a promising partnership with key forward duo Joe Daniher and Eric Hipwood.

Last year's No.31 pick earned an initial two-year contract at Brisbane, though the club has opened talks to activate a third-year extension and potentially even tack on a fourth season to his deal.

Speaking on AFL.com.au's trade and draft show Gettable last week, Morris' manager Tim Hazell from Vivid Sports said negotiations with Lions list boss Dom Ambrogio were now underway.

"Outside of the top 20, it's an activation for a third (year in a draftee's contract). There's no negotiating, it's just what the top 20 get and it gets passed on to those players," Hazell said.

"We're having some conversations with Dom about potentially activating the third year and then looking at a fourth. We'll keep that conversation going over the next couple of weeks.

"It's been a huge year for Logan. I saw him the other day and we were reflecting on the season so far. He's playing that third tall role. It's been really exciting. Having Eric Hipwood and big Joe Daniher there has just given him licence to roam. He can go up, he can go down and he's really excited for the next couple of weeks.

"I know a lot of the senior boys have been getting around him. Every first-year player goes through some ups and downs and he's just riding a nice up at the moment." – Riley Beveridge

Alex Davies worth a punt. Out next gen midfield is small and I rate him. Really unfortunate suspension as his game that day was very good. Big bodied and can rotate forward. Prefers to stay in QLD but I think Hardwick doesn’t want him to leave. Though talk of a move to Pies??

Hopefully the club takes a punt on him as well even if he replaces Lyons / Robertson as he would be handy depth for us and a point of difference with the other midfielder with his height (other than Berry).

Also wouldn't mind the club trading for Rosas Jnr as small forward depth for the club as well this year as he could possible be a long-term replacement for Cameron or McCarthy especially if Craven gets delisted at the end of the year while also providing us depth while in the premiership window for the time-being.

If we are looking at our full-time small forward depth for 2025 and beyond with Rosas Jnr signature attached, it could be:

McCarthy (32 in October)
Cameron (31 in July)
Ah Chee (28 in October)^
Bailey (26 in September)*
Rayner (26 in October)*
Rosas Jnr (24 in June)
Lohmann (22 in May)^
L.Ashcroft (19 in December)*

*- Forward / Midfield role
^- Forward / Wing role

Furthermore, we also have Greesu coming in as an academy selection for us in the 2025 or 2026 draft, which would give us more insurance if one of our current mature small forwards (over 25+) retires or gets traded.

A bargain pick up like the Hawks got in Massimo D'Ambrosio would be good.

Not sure who is out there in that mould though.
I may be way wrong but I think Hawthorne will fall back a bit next year.
They have taken on some players that tend to start well at Clubs then fall away a bit when things go to their head and they fall into old habits like Chol, Ginnivan, and D’Ambrosio.
I think they will level out a bit next year before then making another charge with a bit more experience.
Getting someone like Barrass will help though.

If we want another big bodied mid surely the best option is to find someone to replace Bez as a wing and move him inside

Sharp/Reville? They are both decent, Reville especially looking like he could be a borderline A grade talent with a full preseason or two. Not really sure we need to recruit much at all to be honest.

Out list is pretty strong overall. I think we just need to get the balance right and we already have some decent talent coming in via the draft and through natural progression. Our kids have been outstanding this year, some may have a bit of a struggle next year as youth inevitably leads to inconsistency but overall, our squad is strong. I'm not sure we need too much in the short term.

He would want to play in best 22 inside mid next year and we won't have the spot for him. It's as if he's moved across from GC to us and asked to play reserves again, doesn't look very attractive for him.

I believe at Pies he'll get that chance next year and he might prefer that compared to ours.

Also wouldn't mind the club trading for Rosas Jnr as small forward depth for the club as well this year as he could possible be a long-term replacement for Cameron or McCarthy especially if Craven gets delisted at the end of the year while also providing us depth while in the premiership window for the time-being.
I'm quite puzzled as to why Rosas is being pushed out, as the Suns aren't stacked at small forward or anything. Maybe Dimma doesn't like his attitude?

In any case, the problem with us recruiting Rosas is the same as with Davies: why would he go here to be depth when he can be a starter at multiple other clubs? Assuming we're healthy, he'll sit on the bench for a year unless he outperforms Ah Chee, but he doesn't have Ah Chee's flexibility. But he'd walk into a starting place at Freo or Essendon.

My view is West Coast should get their coach sorted and be proactive on these type of player moves.

They should be the ones knocking the doors of Peatling, Davies, Graham, Cumming, Perryman etc. No idea what's going on over there.

My view is West Coast should get their coach sorted and be proactive on these type of player moves.

They should be the ones knocking the doors of Peatling, Davies, Graham, Cumming, Perryman etc. No idea what's going on over there.
Sounds like there is another push for Dean Cox although that won’t play out for in all likelihood another 4-5 weeks which you’d have to say will be pretty detrimental to their overall recruiting drive / list strategy by delaying it for such a period and even more so if Cox still doesn’t want to make the move.

I'm quite puzzled as to why Rosas is being pushed out, as the Suns aren't stacked at small forward or anything. Maybe Dimma doesn't like his attitude?

In any case, the problem with us recruiting Rosas is the same as with Davies: why would he go here to be depth when he can be a starter at multiple other clubs? Assuming we're healthy, he'll sit on the bench for a year unless he outperforms Ah Chee, but he doesn't have Ah Chee's flexibility. But he'd walk into a starting place at Freo or Essendon.
I try to attend as many GC home games as possible so think I have a decent understanding on certain players. Rosas is a talent but he's crazy weak. From the eyes it seems he just gets constant broken tackles (on the rare occasion he tackles) and is lazy on defence. You don't want those types for modern AFL especially since he can't play anywhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I try to attend as many GC home games as possible so think I have a decent understanding on certain players. Rosas is a talent but he's crazy weak. From the eyes it seems he just gets constant broken tackles (on the rare occasion he tackles) and is lazy on defence. You don't want those types for modern AFL especially since he can't play anywhere else.
One of the most underrated skills is the capacity to tackle effectively and particularly the capacity to break tackles.

Levi puts a smile on my face, really think he’s going to play round one, even if it’s as a Wing, Forward or Back - too classy not to.

Great head on his shoulders.

This is better than the two Daicos’

Papa fages always plays our top draftees from day 1. It’s the fagan way.

He is going to be exciting.

Our first team next year is going to be insane. Even if Lachie starts to slow down, WAshcroft should be better again and LAshcroft is coming too, so we already have our replacements locked and loaded.

I wonder what our plan will be with Marshall.

Our first team next year is going to be insane. Even if Lachie starts to slow down, WAshcroft should be better again and LAshcroft is coming too, so we already have our replacements locked and loaded.

I wonder what our plan will be with Marshall.
From my observations on Marshall as that he looks like he is an elite athlete who can run the lines all day in addition to picking around 25 to 30 touches per game. This projects well for a wing role in the future. He doesn’t appear to have much ‘hurt’ factor though, so my bet is he will be given time in the reserves to improve his kicking, find way to kick goals and learn how to tackle. He projects well as an AFL player for the future but until he improves his all round game will developing his craft in the reserves similar to Robertson and Tunstill.

From my observations on Marshall as that he looks like he is an elite athlete who can run the lines all day in addition to picking around 25 to 30 touches per game. This projects well for a wing role in the future. He doesn’t appear to have much ‘hurt’ factor though, so my bet is he will be given time in the reserves to improve his kicking, find way to kick goals and learn how to tackle. He projects well as an AFL player for the future but until he improves his all round game will developing his craft in the reserves similar to Robertson and Tunstill.
Dude I came here to talk about Levi and am just getting notifications about this but you are bang on

The Brisbane list profile really is crazy, Logan Morris looks to be a genuine talent and you've got so many guns under 23 already, with two more being added next year

I read his interview about his injury that included broken ribs, ruptured spleen and punctured lung. Apparently his wife was called at 3am or something saying he may not make it.

It was a massive shock and he is re-evaluating his life. And there was subsequent fallout with his club and teammates.

Will move if it can get done, but not get out at any cost.

Don't want to lose what it would take. .
how the hell any competent medico could not diagnose fractured ribs or if they did, send him back out (even if he wanted to go back out) defies common sense and importantly a duty of care. We are not talking about a fractured foot and just needle it up and get through the game.

how the hell any competent medico could not diagnose fractured ribs or if they did, send him back out (even if he wanted to go back out) defies common sense and importantly a duty of care. We are not talking about a fractured foot and just needle it up and get through the game.
I had 9 broken ribs (my whole right side) and the ambo’s reckon they couldn’t detect any broken. All they could see was a broken collarbone.

This definitely has us in good stead moving forward:

Draft Class: LAshcroft (arguably no.1), Marshall (top 20-25), Young KP
19: Morris, McLachlan
20: WAshcroft, Fletcher, Brain, Wilmott
21: Lohmann, Sharp (I think many of us forget just how comparatively young Sharp is), Smith
23: Reville

Even JUST outside the under 23s:
24: Coleman, Rayner, Bailey, Payne
25: Starcevich, Answerth

Annable to come as well. We also have a few other youngsters yet to get a go as well, we aren't sure exactly what they offer, the likes of Beecken, ZZ, Torrent, etc.

Even then, it isn't like most of the others except Zorko, Neale and Lester are that old either.

We should be challenging for a while yet. If you look at our list, even our under 23s (with the 24s and 25s thrown in) look like an almost pretty great side in their own right:

Backs:
Brain, Payne, (Starcevich)
Wilmott, ZZ (Andrews still has a good 5 years at least anyway), Coleman

Mids:
Fletcher, Smith, Reville
WAshcroft, Annable, LAshcroft

Forwards:
Lohmann, (Hipwood - see Andrews), (Rayner)
(Bailey), Morris, (McLachlan)

Bench:
Marshall, (Answerth), (Beecken), Sharp

Even looking ahead, there still aren't many holes. Really just need to start thinking about a KPF, a small forward and another Ah Chee type Mr. Fixit

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back