List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Btw Brab I remember you getting a little toey before the 2023 GF.

I'm happy now you got through that
and it's for rusted on supporters like yourself (and myself I might add) that 2024 must've been so sweet.

Sometimes we just have to be patient.

I think you might be mixing with up with someone else friend. I’ve never been toey in my life.

I think you might be mixing with up with someone else friend. I’ve never been toey in my life.

Don’t get toey with Marinson, BRAB.

The grass is really green in our own back yard. I mean really, really green. No need to stretch your neck looking over the fence at the neighbours’ back yard. Gaze at our own and you will be amazed at what you see.

I will say this on record. Given an opportunity Henry Smith will raise to the challenge, just like, Ashcroft, Lohman, Morris, Fletcher, Motty ...

Henry is different to Joe. (but then no one is like Joe) If we have learnt anything about Fagan, he is very adaptable and has moulded the team in his image to also have those qualities. It is the adaptability that will stand us in good stead.

At this stage I would like to give Henry a chance to establish the Forward/Ruck position as his own. We have been developing him for four years. If Joe retires and an opportunity presents, I strongly believe Henry Smith is our man.

Also prior to Joe coming we had several seasons when Charlie was our main avenue to goal. This time our options are much more diverse. Unlike GWS, Carlton etc... we do not depend on one or two individuals to score goals. we have a plethora of options.

Trade period is when free agents sign with other clubs though so still counts as a trade period move.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It would but what he said was “They got Joe Daniher (from Essendon) who was a big trade". Not a big trade period move. ;)

The grass is really green in our own back yard. I mean really, really green. No need to stretch your neck looking over the fence at the neighbours’ back yard. Gaze at our own and you will be amazed at what you see.

I will say this on record. Given an opportunity Henry Smith will raise to the challenge, just like, Ashcroft, Lohman, Morris, Fletcher, Motty ...

Henry is different to Joe. (but then no one is like Joe) If we have learnt anything about Fagan, he is very adaptable and has moulded the team in his image to also have those qualities. It is the adaptability that will stand us in good stead.

At this stage I would like to give Henry a chance to establish the Forward/Ruck position as his own. We have been developing him for four years. If Joe retires and an opportunity presents, I strongly believe Henry Smith is our man.

Also prior to Joe coming we had several seasons when Charlie was our main avenue to goal. This time our options are much more diverse. Unlike GWS, Carlton etc... we do not depend on one or two individuals to score goals. we have a plethora of options.

Looking at his stats it looks like he had a career best year in the VFL so he is improving each year. If we didn’t believe in him he wouldn’t be contracted next year.

Browny guesses its 70-30 likely Joe retires.

Sounds like the entire club is trying to talk him backwards from retirement rather than Joey being 50/50.

Sounds like the entire club is trying to talk him backwards from retirement rather than Joey being 50/50.

We should just force him to stay against his will. He’s contracted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll bank the million from Daniher rather than go stop gap as an emergency. We also have Luke Lloyd waiting in the wings. I'd hazard a guess and say Luke Lloyd with one more preseason will be better than Himmelberg next year.

We have talls on the list who are all chomping for more opportunity. Smith as main ruck, "Premiership winning ruck" Darcy Fort and Oscar to come back from injury. I don't feel the need to parachute a forward in who at best may have carried the "forward" label for other clubs.

EDIT: we've already done the hail mary forward attempt in Brandon Ryan. Locked in for 3 years. I really don't want to repeat that mistake again and go stop gap one more time. I'd rather play whom we have, knowing our medium talls have come on a fair bit in Ah Chee, Lohmann, Rayner etc. Not to mention Linc will be back next year.

Also, someone might come knocking when his contract runs out in 2025.

View attachment 2126819
That business about banking the million, like everyone want Joe to stay but if he does step away, hope he has a great life and am sure we would use that million next year re-arranging and maybe front loading contracts to ensure we have room in next year's cap in case we find someone.

If you love someone, set them free.
"Joe, we're absolutely on board with you retiring. But could you do it in say, February? And in the meantime how do you feel about us trading you to some unsuspecting club in a couple of weeks?"

I think Henry seems the most palatable for mine. Maybe not long term - I think Joe has been perfect for us as I think you'd prefer a forward who can ruck, rather than a ruck who can play forward and I think Henry is the latter.

But I'm not sure someone like Fogarty will help the relief ruck deficiency, and I honestly can't see Oscar Allen being prised away from the captaincy of the Eagles.

I think it's moot anyway - i think Joe will stay.

So my take on joe is probably totally wrong but I think he is the most emotional player in our team.

I think last year would have been devastating for him and I can imagine that going through the season with its low points then into another grand final that emotion would constantly surfacing.

To manage that emotion he could have a retirement plan - win or lose I have my future away from the possible misery of losing. Do the same thing twice, fair enough but only an idiot would let it happen a third time.

But. Watching him at the end of the game he embraced his game based emotions in a way we've not seen before. He couldn't stay neutral, he was too happy/ excited/ relieved/ whatever.

At the risk of being barret again, I think he will stay. I think the happiness of the premiership and the bond with the other players that was evident on saturday is far greater than he expected and I think he will be able to balance the emotions of possibility losing against the elation of winning.

Like I said, I'm most likely so far off is not funny. But ... just .... maybe. Or I'm looking for reasons for hope.

So my take on joe is probably totally wrong but I think he is the most emotional player in our team.

I think last year world have been devastating for him and I can imagine that going through the season with its low points then into another grand final that emotion would constantly surfacing.

To manage that emotion he could have a retirement plan - win or lose I have my future away from the possible misery of losing. Do the same thing twice, fair enough but only an idiot would let it happen a third time.

But. Watching him at the end of the game he embraced his game based emotions in a way we've not seen before. He couldn't stay neutral, he was too happy/ excited/ relieved/ whatever.

At the risk of being barret again, I think he will stay. I think the happiness of the premiership and the bond with the other players that was evident on saturday is far greater than he expected and I think he will be able to balance the emotions of possibility losing against the elation of winning.

Like I said, I'm most likely so far off is not funny. But ... just .... maybe. Or I'm looking for reasons for hope.

He is staying. I stake my reputation on this claim

I said it once and I’ll say it again. Joe is staying.

In Bruce you trust

Plot twist. Joe doesn’t like the media, is very private, doesn’t own a TV, but his secret pleasure has always been posting on bigfooty under the pseudonym SpecialBruce.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back