List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I knew he had done something like this to one of our players.

I don't go for the whole mercenary line. We've got a lot of players that came here looking for success, but they've mostly got nice guy tags.
Lynch went from a bottom 2 club to the reigning premiers, after being the captain of the club. He is pretty much the definition of a mercenary? If we poach Larkey from North Melbourne this year to replace Danniher, I'll consider him a mercenary too.

We definitely have some players that could get that tag currently, McKenna being the most likely one.

Sam Draper ? Reports Adelaide are into him. He does remind me a bit of Joe
I rate Draper extremely highly as a Ruckman, but as a forward he's probably so so. If we had the draft capital to make it happen I would be all for it but no idea how we could satisfy Essendon in a trade for him. They will want 2 first rounders unless he's a FA.

We do have quite a bit of depth down back, which we saw this year was needed. Obviously we hope those guys all make it back next year, and if so I wonder whether Payne (or Joyce?) could be trialled as an option up forward. We're going to miss Joe's goals there's no doubt about that, but we have an A grade list of smalls up there that can go to work if the ball hits the deck, which is what we will need from whoever it is we get to play that role.

Not sure what to make of this - more or less likely?

If Joe wasn't at least seriously considering or made up his mind he was retiring then the club would've already put out a statement that he was playing on seeing there is so much speculation.

So it seems that he's either just wanting to fade away without having to explain why or mulling it over after the excitement of winning a flag.

Just let him enjoy the win and we should know either way before too long because he'll have to tell the club.

unsure if you guys are familiar with 'The Mongrel Punt' footy site, but I can't read enough Lions stuff at the moment and they sell for $6.60 an epub Season Review of our season. Just started it but it started with a very in-depth season preview and appears to have everything written about us throughout the season. Like an electronic scrapbook, gives me something to read when the forum goes quiet :)

If Joe wasn't at least seriously considering or made up his mind he was retiring then the club would've already put out a statement that he was playing on seeing there is so much speculation.

So it seems that he's either just wanting to fade away without having to explain why or mulling it over after the excitement of winning a flag.

Just let him enjoy the win and we should know either way before too long because he'll have to tell the club.
Perhaps Joe isn’t fussed about the noise because he’s not hearing or doesn’t care and the club is respectful of Joe having some space and as Fages said not pushing him and letting things play out before official trade period starts.

Lynch went from a bottom 2 club to the reigning premiers, after being the captain of the club. He is pretty much the definition of a mercenary? If we poach Larkey from North Melbourne this year to replace Danniher, I'll consider him a mercenary too.

We definitely have some players that could get that tag currently, McKenna being the most likely one.
BREAKING NEWS: Sources say Nick Larkey could be Brisbane's next key forward target in the event of Daniher's retirement!

Look forward to hearing this in Trade Radio later today.

Key to how we set up will be whether we go to 5 on the bench this year, if we do it's a no-brainer in my mind to play either Fort or Smith and I am really keen to see Smith get a decent run, correct me if i'm wrong but he's 23 year old right? A baby for a ruckman, but I have already seen him create contests and bring the ball to the ground and his tap work is good.

Eric once he gets over the osteitus will be much more mobile and regain penetration on his kicking, Logan is on a stellar trajectory, we welcome back Linc and our forward line is super dangerous. Cam, Kai, Linc and Cal are really good overhead marks so all Smith or Fort need to do is bring the ball to ground, and bring Charlie into play.

Bringing in a Casboult or Lynch also takes a list spot we could us to draft a young KPF anyone we pick would be most unlikely to debut for 2 years but is assured of playing with decent players in the reserves, a team with our current strength should have one eye on the future rather than casting about for a veteran we hopefully wont need.

Whatever the coaching group do I will be happy with, but for some reason all I can think is football atm :) and I needed to unload this stream of thought.

Smith showed enough in the small run he got that he could play at AFL level. Really depends on if we get a 5-man bench. Even with a 5-man bench though, I'd still prefer a running player like Sharp.

Eric will get back to where he was in the middle of this year once he gets that injury clear. A lot of posters talk down his performances, but this year has been his best year to date. I've repeatedly mentioned that we have a McStay sized hole in our forward line, and this year Hippy has filled that hole. Joe doing as well as he has this season is partially due to Hippy being a more contested player, creating a contest and taking the intercept defender out of commission in games.

If Joe does leave, we were already moving Dev, and Prior probably leaves, as well as 4/5 delistings, meaning if Joe leaves, we'd have the extra list spot to use on a fill-in tall forward like a Casbolt or Lynch. Casbolt is probably the better choice of those two as he'd basically be free, and we don't have the capital to get a ready-made KPF, but you'd be able to get him and draft (probably from the rookie draft) a KPF.

BREAKING NEWS: Sources say Nick Larkey could be Brisbane's next key forward target in the event of Daniher's retirement!

Look forward to hearing this in Trade Radio later today.

Larkey and Watermann getting AA over Joe because their teams sucked so they got all the i50 targets 🤮🤮🤮

We do have quite a bit of depth down back, which we saw this year was needed. Obviously we hope those guys all make it back next year, and if so I wonder whether Payne (or Joyce?) could be trialled as an option up forward. We're going to miss Joe's goals there's no doubt about that, but we have an A grade list of smalls up there that can go to work if the ball hits the deck, which is what we will need from whoever it is we get to play that role.

If we lose Joe, I think I’d go with either a small forward line like we did in last year’s finals or else swing Payne back.
Payne is very quick on the burst, strong and a good mark. It might be worth a try.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Joe does go it will be an injustice to not bring in some tall forward depth. We are very thin as it is…

The club will be taking it as a one year plan and I couldn’t care if they are over 30 or not. As long as they compete and have some sort of top level experience. Casboult, Lynch, or whoever. Someone to take a key tall off Hipwood, Morris and Smith and has an ability to bring ball to ground for the smalls. If anything the biggest loss will be Joes ability to be a back up ruck. Don’t underestimate this.

Game style will have to be adjusted and I suspect it will be more goals demanded from the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back