List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why the dislike for Tom Lynch?

I haven’t heard anything bad about him off field, and I can’t recall him doing anything worse than what Zorko has done on the field.

Imagine it was him rubbing witherden’s face in the dirt in 2020?

I’m anti it because I think his body is totally cooked.

Why the dislike for Tom Lynch?

I haven’t heard anything bad about him off field, and I can’t recall him doing anything worse than what Zorko has done on the field.
Besides being an absolute mercenary and chasing flags at the Tigers? To me he's just got one of those entitled private school boy faces, but he also loves to punch up the little guy.

I would certainly not be against trying to entice Lynch to come based on his ability when fit as a forward.

However, he has not rucked much outside of the F50 so our game plan would still require tinkering as he wouldn’t be a like for like replacement for Joe. We’d also need to still recruit a mature KPF to protect Logan’s development and ease pressure/reliance on him.

Despite the obvious ability constraints the Casboult suggestion is probably not far from the thinking of the list management team should Joe retire. He can ruck and has kicked goals in the past (though his set shots would nothing to ease our nerves). Without the draft capital I can’t see us being able to source much better on short notice.

I appreciate it all but it’s also kind of ridiculous. A 30 year old walking away from $1million is insane. Especially when you’ve got no real injuries anymore. Joe has always been a bit different hasn’t he. Just really glad we got the full Joe experience and he got the flag.
Joe’s been earning good money for a long time. Invested correctly, he’s probably earned enough to have a passive income sufficient to support his lifestyle. I imagine he’s setup well enough to not need to put himself through another season of football if he’d rather be doing other things.

I think we will have another crack with what we’ve got and find a big forward for the following year. Unless the club already has a surprise install which I highly doubt it.
I'd be surprised if the club wasn't already planning for life without Joe. Obviously the preference is to convince him to go around again, but highly doubt the last Friday was the first they heard of Joe's intentions.

I'm probably in the minority when I say I'm happy if Joe retires - I think the legacy of acknowledging him extends to welcoming whatever decision he makes with gratitude and dignity.

I'm happy if the players drive the conversations about him staying on, but I'd prefer the club to otherwise largely remain bystanders.

And if he does go, I think we are ok - Hippy can shoulder more responsibility up forward, Linc comes back in and Morris continues up there. We can easily play Fort as the #2 ruck as well.

Consider how well Hawthorn did following Buddy's departure....

Liam McBean is da man.

Just out of curiosity what has Zorko ever done on the field except be a courageous, totally committed and inspirational champion ?
Absolute Legend of the Brisbane Lions Football Club imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm coming around to the idea of taking Casboult as insurance. Big burly forward, provides a presence and can ruck. I believe he'll complement our forward line in case we need to replace Joe.

I wonder what Jayden Post is up to these days.

Just out of curiosity what has Zorko ever done on the field except be a courageous, totally committed and inspirational champion ?
A couple of belly slaps behind play and pushed someone on the ground back down a couple times. Stuff that sort of seen as campaignery this day and age. Stuff that gets whistled for a down field free, etc.

Besides being an absolute mercenary and chasing flags at the Tigers? To me he's just got one of those entitled private school boy faces, but he also loves to punch up the little guy.

Yeah, I knew he had done something like this to one of our players.

I don't go for the whole mercenary line. We've got a lot of players that came here looking for success, but they've mostly got nice guy tags.

Isn't the issue with Lynch a combination of age + walking injury + big contract + we'd need to give him multiple years? Unless someone jumps out, we basically need someone for a year until we can target a juicy fish during FA.

Isn't the issue with Lynch a combination of age + walking injury + big contract + we'd need to give him multiple years? Unless someone jumps out, we basically need someone for a year until we can target a juicy fish during FA.

You're in.

Yeah, I knew he had done something like this to one of our players.

I don't go for the whole mercenary line. We've got a lot of players that came here looking for success, but they've mostly got nice guy tags.

Zorko has always done scraggy shit but Lynch is a proper grub. The above one sticks out to us obviously, but I remember another incident where he literally gut punched Lukosious so he could get a lead off as the ball was coming inside 50.

Real d*ckhead hours

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back