List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

As an aside to that interview with Daly yesterday regarding Joe, he mentioned about the exit interviews taking place from Monday and mentioned 'a couple' or words to that effect that they would be having discussions with to see what they want to do moving forward.

Who we thinking there might look elsewhere? Dev is an obvious one. Tunstill being the other. I'm not sure McKenna is Fages' favourite and I wonder whether he'll look to go back home a year early now too.
Dev and Tunstill definitely on the move if they have a desire to play regular senior footy and get an offer.

As an aside to that interview with Daly yesterday regarding Joe, he mentioned about the exit interviews taking place from Monday and mentioned 'a couple' or words to that effect that they would be having discussions with to see what they want to do moving forward.

Who we thinking there might look elsewhere? Dev is an obvious one. Tunstill being the other. I'm not sure McKenna is Fages' favourite and I wonder whether he'll look to go back home a year early now too.

Dev, tunstill, prior

Hearing that Joe would have retired had we won last year, and reflecting on how vital he was in helping get us there this year, make me even more appreciative of him, and happy to know he had no more (mentally) to give.

Certain we have the squad depth to give it a shake next year, and the team will still be fun to watch but we will all enjoy reflecting on this year and Joe will be forever a big part of that!

Forwards talk about their job being easy when the midfield is firing and they are getting good delivery.

Sydney did great this year until that game because their midfield delivered the ball well. Beating them required beating their midfield.

Going to be bloody hard to shut down our midfield (when they're on) so we have wriggle room with the forwards.

We won't get a Joe, but we won't need a Joe.

Given fagan knew Joe was going who did we play s forward in the 2s? Smith? They surely were preparing this year.

Was that on trade radio yesterday?

Forwards talk about their job being easy when the midfield is firing and they are getting good delivery.

Sydney did great this year until that game because their midfield delivered the ball well. Beating them required beating their midfield.

Going to be bloody hard to shut down our midfield (when they're on) so we have wriggle room with the forwards.

We won't get a Joe, but we won't need a Joe.

Given fagan knew Joe was going who did we play s forward in the 2s? Smith? They surely were preparing this year.
Not a fan of Henry as a key forward... not mobile or quick enough. Bullish on him as an eventual number 1 ruck for us though.

We have been spoilt with Joe's great athleticism for a man of his size.

Lynch went from a bottom 2 club to the reigning premiers, after being the captain of the club. He is pretty much the definition of a mercenary? If we poach Larkey from North Melbourne this year to replace Danniher, I'll consider him a mercenary too.

We definitely have some players that could get that tag currently, McKenna being the most likely one.
How do you view Daniher? 🤔

Players have every right to change clubs to progress their careers and fulfil their dreams. I’d say Tom Lynch gave the Suns enough service in his time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless Dom Ambrogio has something up his sleeve, i’d also be in favour of changing our forward setup and going with what we’ve got.
The sub will go, so we can play Oscar and Fort/Smith and still have another sub-200cm player on the bench.

Rather than throw the Joe money at someone who’s not Joe, use it to get Rayner & Starc on new deals.

As much as I hate to say this and can’t believe I am. 🤮
But I am coming around to the thought of Tom Lynch 🤢 for a year or 2. He is one of the best contested marks in the game when fit and that’s the biggest part of the risk from my end, is getting him on the park consistently.

Hippy would have to take on more of a Joe type role and play some time as second ruck and roaming further up the ground.

But I can see it working and I think that our thoughts of him being a grub are probably just us with Lions coloured glasses on? Maybe 🤔
We are most definitely in our window right now and need to take advantage while we can.

How do you view Daniher? 🤔

Players have every right to change clubs to progress their careers and fulfil their dreams. I’d say Tom Lynch gave the Suns enough service in his time.
Was Danniher the captain of Essendon and did we win the premiership the year before? There's a sliding scale and for sure Danniher was on it, but I would say we wouldn't have won a flag without him. I wouldn't say the same for Lynch and the tigers.

Lynch isn't the only one in that basket, you can add Frawley (melb to hawks) even Caracella (ess to us). I'm sure there are more too.

As much as I hate to say this and can’t believe I am. 🤮
But I am coming around to the thought of Tom Lynch 🤢 for a year or 2. He is one of the best contested marks in the game when fit and that’s the biggest part of the risk from my end, is getting him on the park consistently.

Hippy would have to take on more of a Joe type role and play some time as second ruck and roaming further up the ground.

But I can see it working and I think that our thoughts of him being a grub are probably just us with Lions coloured glasses on? Maybe 🤔
We are most definitely in our window right now and need to take advantage while we can.

I think the way to think about Lynch is…

1 he has played 8 games in two years

2 he is basically the highest paid player at the moment because Richmond back ended his contract. So you’re paying him overs for him winning Richmond flags

3 I don’t know if this is correct but signing lynch might be the difference between keeping a guy like Rayner or Starce at the end of next season

2 he is basically the highest paid player at the moment because Richmond back ended his contract. So you’re paying him overs for him winning Richmond flags

3 I don’t know if this is correct but signing lynch might be the difference between keeping a guy like Rayner or Starce at the end of next season
The question is whether Richmond is looking to offload some of that cap hit. Tom Lynch at $1.4m is no way, no how. If he comes in under Joe's hit for a couple of years with Richmond covering the rest? Sure. But ultimately they'd want increased trade value to do so, and then it becomes hard which is why I don't mind the idea but I don't see it happening unless Richmond is going full teardown and just wants assets for those who aren't going to be there in five years.

If he wants another Premiership over Money.
We can re-negotiate his contract over 2 years.

The biggest proviso is if we already have someone organised for the end of next year (which has been speculated) it will make that move very tough and therefore not worth doing.

The question is whether Richmond is looking to offload some of that cap hit. Tom Lynch at $1.4m is no way, no how. If he comes in under Joe's hit for a couple of years with Richmond covering the rest? Sure. But ultimately they'd want increased trade value to do so, and then it becomes hard which is why I don't mind the idea but I don't see it happening unless Richmond is going full teardown and just wants assets for those who aren't going to be there in five years.

Yeah 100%. With the number of guys that have left or will leave this year surely they’ll have plenty of cap space.

If things ever go bad for this club again we can all at least console ourselves with the fact we don’t have Adam Cooney as our List Manager.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back