List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re our forward structure post Joe- I have a lot of belief in stewie Dew. He is a hell smart footballer and I trust he can help find a way for the forwards to still dominate.

My only concerns is our forwards depth. Rely hope Eric gets his problems sorted in this single off season.

Re our forward structure post Joe- I have a lot of belief in stewie Dew. He is a hell smart footballer and I trust he can help find a way for the forwards to still dominate.

My only concerns is our forwards depth. Rely hope Eric gets his problems sorted in this single off season.
We need to get Browny to the club and have a real talk with Eric he immediately improved Ben King for the Suns let’s get him to the club he actually loves

Just checking for understanding of List spots - are we going to be forced to announce some further delistings in coming weeks to accommodate the draft and any DFA acquisitions?

Can only assume he's contracted?

So 6 list spots available?
Nothing has been announced or hinted at that he is. Even in articles describing our list over the past month, he's been painted as OOC.

It's also weird because it was reported on Inside Trading that Joyce had already got a one year contract extension at the club. Unless it's just a mistake in the article referencing Joyce instead of Beecken? That'd make the most sense.

Last edited:
Hopefully we can assist Prior finding a new club if there is interest there for him.

I think we already did. His 3 late season games showed what he’s capable of and put him in recent memory.
Beyond that he’s now a DFA and can be picked up by anyone - now it’s his managers time to earn their money. Of course if anyone calls i’m sure Danny will put in a good word for him.

I think we already did. His 3 late season games showed what he’s capable of and put him in recent memory.
Beyond that he’s now a DFA and can be picked up by anyone - now it’s his managers time to earn their money. Of course if anyone calls i’m sure Danny will put in a good word for him.
you expect him to get a spot somewhere next year..

Pretty hard at the ball. Shame to see him go.

Climbing to the top of the mountain with your mates is a strong motivation. Once you reach it, money talks for some. The motivation the club should be expressing to the lads is - we know we are good but how good do you think we can be - lets stick together and find out.

Actually out of interest, other than Mc Go how many 'required' players have left for other pastures in say the last four years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have loved to have kept Prior instead of Craven....but probably was not an option.
Pretty sure Prior will pop up at Essendon going off the smoke. Whereas Craven probably doesn't have interest at this stage. So yeah, not an option.

Nothing has been announced or hinted at that he is. Even in articles describing our list over the past month, he's been painted as OOC.

It's also weird because it was reported on Inside Trading that Joyce had already got a one year contract extension at the club. Unless it's just a mistake in the article referencing Joyce instead of Beecken? That'd make the most sense.
Reading between the lines, I'd interpret that as Beecken has been extended on the rookie list for next year. We would be more worried about him getting snaffled up compared to Joyce or Craven.

Someone with more brains / time than me

So we now have the required list spots for our picks?

Meaning we go to the draft with what we have, get levi and marshall, redraft craven and joyce, plus how many left after that?

Pretty sure Prior will pop up at Essendon going off the smoke. Whereas Craven probably doesn't have interest at this stage. So yeah, not an option.
so assuming Craven was contracted for next year and that's basically why we decided to keep him? We could have commited to rerookie Prior but he maybe didn't want that.

Would have loved to have kept Prior instead of Craven....but probably was not an option.
Same; pretty annoyed that Jaxon has been let go and the likes of Craven and potentially Beeken are being kept on and even Joyce to a lesser extent although Jaxon obviously couldn’t go on a Cat B Rookie list. Would be shocked if Craven made it.

That being said, I suspect had Dev been traded then Jaxon would’ve be retained.

Would be even more shocked if Jaxon doesn’t find a new home and become a regular at another club like Mitch Hinge.

TDK is one I think we will be in for.

Carlton trimming the fat off their list to make sure they have enough dough to hold onto him. Carrol, Martin, Owies, Kennedy etc.

If not him I can see Mitch Lewis at the lions.

Meaning we go to the draft with what we have, get levi and marshall, redraft craven and joyce, plus how many left after that?
We. Would have 2 list spots available with either Gillett or Gallop and Day

so assuming Craven was contracted for next year and that's basically why we decided to keep him? We could have commited to rerookie Prior but he maybe didn't want that.
Craven wouldn't be contracted. I think we're just rolling the dice with a low value high potential former MSD pick.
Same; pretty annoyed that Jaxon has been let go and the likes of Craven and potentially Beeken are being kept on and even Joyce to a lesser extent although Jaxon obviously couldn’t go on a Cat B Rookie list. Would be shocked if Craven made it.

That being said, I suspect had Dev been traded then Jaxon would’ve be retained.

Would be even more shocked if Jaxon doesn’t find a new home and become a regular at another club like Mitch Hinge.
Jaxon will pop up somewhere - I'm sure he got better offers than we would have been giving him to re-sign. We can't put a gun against his head and get him to extend. There'll be a reason there's been smoke about him moving clubs all off-season.

At the moment we have 1 more draft pick than list spot.

List spots: 6 - Primary List (32): 4 Cat A Rookie List (4): 2 [Assuming Beecken is not OOC]

Draft Picks [7]: 27, 34, 42, 43, 49, 60, 66

Draft ins: Levi, Marshall, 3rd draftee

DFA ins: Joe replacement [for example Sam Day] - This would get our primary list up to the minimum 36 list spots required.

Rookie Draft ins: Craven + Joyce - This would get our Rookie List up to 8 [6 Cat A Rookies + 2 Cat B Rookies] and bring our list up to the maximum 44 players.

Six draft picks, four list spots (given the commitment to re-draft Joyce and Craven) all on the senior list.

At the moment we have 1 more draft pick than list spot.

List spots: 6 - Primary List (32): 4 Cat A Rookie List (4): 2 [Assuming Beecken is not OOC]

Draft Picks [7]: 27, 34, 42, 43, 49, 60, 66

Draft ins: Levi, Marshall, 3rd draftee

DFA ins: Joe replacement [for example Sam Day] - This would get our primary list up to the minimum 36 list spots required.

Rookie Draft ins: Craven + Joyce - This would get our Rookie List up to 8 [6 Cat A Rookies + 2 Cat B Rookies] and bring our list up to the maximum 44 players.
Thanks all, so at this stage we lose pick 66 / 80 points?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back