List Mgmt. 2024 List management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This is solely for list management discussion, Trades discussion goes in the trade thread, and Draft prospect discussion goes in it's relevant thread.

NameFinal YearYears Service*Status
Angus Hastie20252Unknown
Angus McLennan20242Non-Free Agent
Anthony Caminiti20264Non-Free Agent
Arie Schoenmaker20252Unknown
Ben Paton20247Non-Free Agent
Brad Crouch20255Non-Free Agent
Bradley Hill20278Restricted Free Agent
Callum Wilkie20279Restricted Free Agent
Cooper Sharman20244Non-Free Agent
Daniel Butler20245Non-Free Agent
Darcy Wilson20263Non-Free Agent
Dougal Howard20245Non-Free Agent
Hugo Garcia20252Unknown
Hunter Clark20258Restricted Free Agent
Isaac Keeler20242Non-Free Agent
Jack Hayes20243Non-Free Agent
Jack Higgins20277Non-Free Agent
Jack Sinclair202713Unrestricted Free Agent
Jack Steele202711Unrestricted Free Agent
James Van Es20242DELISTED
Jimmy Webster202413Unrestricted Free Agent
Josh Battle20248UFA - leaving for Hawthorn
Lance Collard20263Non-Free Agent
Liam Henry20274Non-Free Agent
Liam O'Connell20252Unknown
Liam Stocker20242Unrestricted Free Agent
Marcus Windhager20254Non-Free Agent
Mason Wood20244UFA + 3 years (2027)
Mattaes Phillipou20264Non-Free Agent
Matthew Allison20244DELISTED
Max Hall20252Non-Free Agent
Max Heath20244Non-Free Agent
Max King20268Restricted Free Agent
Mitchito Owens20254Non-Free Agent
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera20254Non-Free Agent
Olli Hotton20242Non-Free Agent
Paddy Dow20263Non-Free Agent
Riley Bonner20241DELISTED
Rowan Marshall202711Unrestricted Free Agent
Ryan Byrnes20245Non-Free Agent
Sebastian Ross202413DELISTED
Tim Membrey202410Unrestricted Free Agent
Tom Campbell20243DELISTED
Zaine Cordy20253Non-Free Agent
Zak Jones20245Non-Free Agent
* Years service at end of contract.
Free Agency - Friday, October 4 and will run until Friday, October 11.
Trade Period - Monday, October 7 and will run until Wednesday, October 16.
National Draft - Round One - Wednesday, November 20 followed by the remaining rounds of the
National Draft - The rest - Thursday, November 21.
Rookie and Pre-Season Draft - Friday, November 22.

Last edited:
I would like to see St Kilda out of the "Back-up Player" business until if, and when, we actually become a contender.

Having players like Campbell and Cordy on our list in recent times has just been slowing down our ability to build a better team.

We need to keep churning through players to find players who can improve our best 23.

Now this can be via both older and younger players, as well late bloomers. Hawks and Cats have both shown that different routes can improve your team BUT you have to pick the right players. Now not all will make it, but picking players like Cordy and Campbell who were never going to be part of good quality best 23 is just being defeatist.

Dalrymple our Talent Identification and Player Movement Manager is arguably the most important person at the Saints at present. Now do not get me wrong to become better we need many people to do many things well. But we all know we lack talent, and many of us are off the belief that better talent in our midfield is in particular required to move up, and stay up the ladder.

Our picks and trades this year could really make of break our chances for the nest 5 years. I very much see this year as a List Build Tipping Point. Get them right, and we can build on the momentum from our recent good drafting of younger players. Get them wrong, and we could teeter and then others may choose to like Battle leave us for greener pastures. Combined with the Tassie Team coming in to thin out the available talent available, we desperately need to make the right calls in the upcoming trade and draft period..

I fully expect that we will again draft in young players, but also bring in some mature players. The acquisition cost of those mature players will be quite critical. I hope that we do not go for overly go for a quick sugar fix that may help us next year, but nobble our chances over the longer period.

Last edited:

Who wanted Erasmus from Freo?

He's been delisted so it's a free swing.
No he hasn't, contracted til the end of next year

Just came top 7 (3 votes off top) in the Sandover (WAFL Brownlow) from 13 games, would have won if he played the whole year at Peel

definitely not delisted

How do posters from other boards know to pop up when we’re talking about their players? What is this wizardry?
Someone came on our board and asked about Erasmus, so I came to see what the rumour was but it looks like just a mixup

Now I get notifs for this thread lol

Love how we’re all using pick 8 imagine the melts if we don’t get it

Even the media are assuming we will get pick 8. Cal Twomey mentioned that he was assuming we were likely to get it.

It would be a shock if we didn’t get it.

I would like to see St Kilda out of the "Back-up Player" business until if, and when, we actually become a contender.

Having players like Campbell and Cordy on our list in recent times has just been slowing down our ability to build a better team.
You do realise that every team in the comp has older back ups. Contending teams have more than most.

Completely unrealistic to expect any team to stop bringing in ready-to-go types that cost nothing and fill an immediate need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies guys.

Don't not why I read Ethan Hughes and thought Erasmus.

I think this is reasonable except for ruckmen, who are more like soccer goalkeepers now. You have to have a mature back up on your list in case your number one goes down.

Christ , one person says Erasmus has been delisted and its 100% fact , Not sure where he plucked that from but he sure as hell sucked a lot in ,

Just read you got it mixed up , All good we have all done that at times

Last edited:
I think this is reasonable except for ruckmen, who are more like soccer goalkeepers now. You have to have a mature back up on your list in case your number one goes down.
Agree. And while Cordy and Campbell have been here we’ve still picked up Heath and Van Es. So there is still the balance of youth and experience.

The game now is quicker than ever and people seem to think if a 30yo has a form slump they are completely cooked ala Membrey. Half the people on this forum were calling for his delisting half way through the year.
AFL being absolutely reckless with player welfare with the direction of the game as is. Could have sworn that at one point, a quarter of all AFL listed players were injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back